FoodBanter.com

-   Recipes (moderated) (https://www.foodbanter.com/recipes-moderated/)
-   -   Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls/ Crockpot (https://www.foodbanter.com/recipes-moderated/129700-unstuffed-cabbage-rolls-crockpot.html)

[email protected] 24-07-2007 08:19 PM

Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls/ Crockpot

Mix all these ingredients in the crockpot:

1 package of the cole slaw mix
about a pound - pound and 1/2 of hamburger (I crumble the meat)
1 cup of raw rice
1 jar of spaghetti sauce
add the seasonings you would use when you normally make stuffed cabbage
(I add salt, pepper, paprika to taste)

I also add water to cover the mixture and for the rice to absorb. cover,
set the crockpot on low and let it simmer for 8 - 10 hours. You can
add more rice or less or even sauce - depending on your taste. If I
have bacon home, I will also put a couple strips on top for flavor while
cooking

--
Rec.food.recipes is moderated by Patricia Hill at .
Archives: