Recipes (moderated) (rec.food.recipes) A moderated forum. The purpose of rec.food.recipes is for posting recipes and recipe requests only. It is for the *sharing* of recipes among the readers.

Patricia D. Hill

Default REQUESTS from Sunday, June 27, 2004

Lasagna
Using Mexican oregano or thyme
Sugar-Free Pineapple Pie
Dipping sauces for beef fondue
Fish Aspic
Vegan Pumpkin recipes
Yoders amish baked beans
Hamburgers baked in bread cups

~~~~~~~~~

Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 11:30:07 EDT
Subject: Lasagna recipes

I am looking for some good lasagna recipes. I am not having good luck at
all.
Thanks.

~~~~~~~~~

Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 11:37:07 -0400
From: Gloria Link >
Subject: : Using Mexican oregano or thyme

>I am growing Mexican oregano or thyme. Am not sure what the label
>on the plant said it was. It is a weird plant Large, leaves as big
>as a coffee cup. I do chop it and add to salad dressing, and tomato
>base sauces. What other ways can I use it?

~~~~~~~~~

From: "Mikael Roode" >
Subject: Sugar-Free Pineapple Pie

I am new to diabetes and while visiting some friends in another state, I =
was treated to some Pineapple Pie that was safe for me to eat. It =
was great, I never got the recipe, does any one else have it. Thanks.
Mikael

~~~~~~~~~

From: "Ephraim" >
Subject: Dipping sauces for beef fondue
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2004 22:11:51 -0700

I can make the teriyaki & bbq sauces, but need some more. Thanks

~~~~~~~~~

From: "Letitia Calhoun" >
Subject: Fish Aspic
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 2004 17:05:02 -0000

I am making a cold buffet for a annivarsary party. I want to make a
poached salmon covered with a thin coat of fish aspic. I can poach the
salmon but it is the aspic which has me stumped. My recipe calls for fish
heads which I would get from my fish monger. All my fish arrives boned
and wrapped in the supermarket. Can I make aspic???

~~~~~~~~~

From: "MacLeod, Kathleen" >
Subject: ISO: Vegan Pumpkin recipes
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 08:47:53 +1200

ISO (In Search Of): Vegan Pumpkin recipes

Kathleen
MacLeod Mushrooms(and recipes) & GE Free Accessories:
http://members.tripod.com/macleod_mushrooms/

~~~~~~~~~

From: (T E)
Subject: Yoders amish baked beans
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 00:59:22 -0400

wondering if any one knows of a copy cat recipe for these baked beans
that are the best.
Know Ohio Michigan Indiana are the states where they sell their products
in grocery stores deli.
they use 3 different types of beans and thin out with tomato juice.
worth a try to see if i can dupe their recipe.

~~~~~~~~~

From: "Kaine" >
Subject: Request: hamburger things
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 08:09:25 GMT

A few years ago I found a recipe online for a hamburger casserole type
dish
that used hamburger, cheese, something else I cant remember,and it was all
baked into a cup made from a piece of buttered bread. It was cooked in a
muffin tin with the buttered bread put into the tin, then the casserole
mixture put into the bread. Does anyone have a recipe like this?

Kaine

~~~~~~~~~

Rec.food.recipes is a moderated newsgroup; only recipes and requests for
recipes are accepted for posting. Please allow two to five days for your
submission to appear.

Lead Moderator Patricia Hill
Recipes, requests, questions and comments: