FoodBanter.com

-   Recipes (moderated) (https://www.foodbanter.com/recipes-moderated/)
-   -   Barbeque Sauce (https://www.foodbanter.com/recipes-moderated/11913-barbeque-sauce.html)

Melinda Johnson 12-05-2004 02:30 PM

Barbeque Sauce

From:
I would like a recipe for barbecue sauce made from scratch, preferably
without real salt or sugar.

Iris,

This is the only barbeque sauce I will eat - the recipe is from my great =
aunt and I believe it was originally a barbeque sauce for hot dogs..... =
It does have sugar, but you could leave it out or use splenda instead =
and you could use a sugar-free ketchup. It's really yummy....We usually =
make about 8 times the recipe and then keep it frozen in serving sizes =
to pull out whenever we're having ribs or chicken :-)

Barbeque Sauce

2 Tbsp. oil
1/3 cup minced onion
3/4 tsp. paprika
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
2 tsp. sugar
3/4 tsp. dry powdered mustard
3 tsp. worchestershire sauce
3 Tbsp. ketchup
2 Tbsp. vinegar

Heat oil. Add onion and simmer until tender. Add remaining ingredients =
and cook until incorporated, thickened and it looks like barbeque sauce. =
If the minced onion bothers you, take a hand blender to it and puree it =
until smooth. (I personally like the tiny bits of onion :-)

--
Rec.food.recipes is moderated by Patricia Hill at
.