Recipes (moderated) (rec.food.recipes) A moderated forum. The purpose of rec.food.recipes is for posting recipes and recipe requests only. It is for the *sharing* of recipes among the readers.

Posted to rec.food.recipes

Default Snickerdoodle Cookies

> Request: snickerdoodle cookies
> From: cynthia >

Snickerdoodle Cookies

This was my mother-in laws recipe. I have used it over the years with
very good results:

1 cup soft shortening (Crisco)
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 2/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp. cream of tarter
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla extract

2 Tbsp granulated sugar
2 tsp. cinnamon

Mix with an electric mixer, mix the Crisco, sugar and eggs. In another
bowl, mix together the flour, cream of tarter, baking soda and salt;
gradually add to the Crisco mixture. Add the vanilla extract and mix
well. Chill the dough a couple of hours.

Mix the 2 Tbsp sugar and the cinnamon in a small bowl.

Roll the dough into walnut size balls, then roll the balls in the
cinnamon/sugar mixture. Place about 2" apart on an ungreased cookie
sheet (I use parchment paper to line the cookies sheets). Bake 400
about 8-10 minutes or until they are very lightly browned on top but
still soft. The time depends on your oven. Cool on a wire rack. Makes
about 5 dozen and they freeze well, if wrapped tightly. Jan

--
Rec.food.recipes is moderated by Patricia Hill at .
Archives: