Recipes (moderated) (rec.food.recipes) A moderated forum. The purpose of rec.food.recipes is for posting recipes and recipe requests only. It is for the *sharing* of recipes among the readers.

Posted to rec.food.recipes

Default Mock Apple Pie

Here is a recipe that was given to me years ago by a high-school chemistry
teacher with whom I once worked. It uses 20 crackers instead of the 18
requested by the original poster, but it produces a pie that is all but
indistinguishable from one made with real apples. I suppose it is largely
curiosity, but it is fun to make (and to eat).

Mock Apple Pie

2 cups water
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 heaping teaspoons cream of tartar
20 Ritz crackers
2 pastry shells
butter
cinnamon

Bring water, sugar, and cream of tartar to boil. Add Ritz crackers, one at
time. Let boil 2 minutes and take off stove and cool. Put in pastry shell,
dot with butter and cinnamon. Cut second pastry shell intro strips and use
to top pie. Bake. Serve with whipped cream or ice cream.

Ron Audet
Fredericksburg, VA

--
Rec.food.recipes is moderated by Patricia Hill at .
Archives: