Recipes (moderated) (rec.food.recipes) A moderated forum. The purpose of rec.food.recipes is for posting recipes and recipe requests only. It is for the *sharing* of recipes among the readers.

Posted to rec.food.recipes

Default Autumn Cheesecake

Here is a really good recipe for something similar to what you'd like. It
doesn't have caramel on it, but perhaps you could pour caramel topping
over it to serve it.

Autumn Cheesecake

Crust
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
3 tbps sugar
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
Filling
2 8 oz pkgs cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
Topping
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
4 cups thinly sliced peeled apples
1/4 cup finely chopped pecans

Mix crust ingredients together, press onto bottom of 9 inch springform
pan. Bake at 325 for 10 minutes if using a silver springform pan -- bake
at 300 if using dark non-stick pan.

Mix cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed
until well blended. Add eggs, mixing on low speed until just blended. Pour
over crust.

Mix sugar and cinnamon, toss with apples. Spoon apple mixture over cream
cheese layer, sprinkle with pecans. Bake at 325 for 70 - 75 minutes or
until center is almost set. (bake at 300 if using dark non-stick pan.) Run
knife or metal spatula around rim of pan to loosen cake, cool before
removing rim of pan. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.

I cut my apples into chunks after slicing them thinly - it made the cake
easier to cut. I also think that I ended up baking it longer than the time
recommended. I went by the "jiggle factor" - its done when the cake only
jiggles a little bit when shaken lightly. I also found that although this
is good fully chilled, it was also yummy after only chilling for a couple
of hours. It's enough to make the cake firm, but the slightly warm cream
cheese with the apples was really good.

--
Rec.food.recipes is moderated by Patricia Hill at .
Archives:

Hot tea for autumn toci Tea 3 25-09-2013 10:50 PM
ATTN: Cheesecake Lovers - Ever Made A Eggnog Cheesecake? Judy Haffner General Cooking 11 07-01-2013 05:29 AM
ATTN: Cheesecake Lovers - Ever Made A Eggnog Cheesecake? Judy Haffner General Cooking 4 05-01-2013 03:01 AM
Autumn Apple Cheesecake [email protected] Recipes (moderated) 0 04-11-2004 05:42 PM
Autumn Cheesecake terrymcintire Recipes 0 20-10-2004 02:18 PM