Recipes (moderated) (rec.food.recipes) A moderated forum. The purpose of rec.food.recipes is for posting recipes and recipe requests only. It is for the *sharing* of recipes among the readers.

Posted to rec.food.recipes

Default Curried Zucchini Soup

Who doesn't love a feel-good recipe that takes only 20 minutes to
prepare? I'm in love with this soup, and the ease of preparation is
only the beginning. It utilizes one of my favorite vegetables and a
spice I'm just wild about. And since we're heading into soup season,
it's time to start pulling out those stock pots for warm and
delicious meals. Since this recipe has only 7 ingredients, most of
which are already stocked in your pantry, you have no excuse to not
try this amazing soup.

Curried Zucchini Soup

2 Tbsp olive oil
4 cup sliced zucchini
1 cup onion, roughly chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp curry powder
1 cup vegetable broth
1/2 cup soymilk

Wash and slice zucchini into 1/4" slices. Heat olive oil in large
saucepan over medium-high heat. Add zucchini, onion, and garlic to
pan. Saute 5 minutes, until zucchini starts to become translucent.
Add curry powder, stir well, and cover pot. Lower heat to low, and
cook an additional 10 minutes, or until zucchini is tender. Place
zucchini mixture into blender with 1/2 cup vegetable broth. Blend
until pureed. With motor running, add remaining broth and soymilk.
Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve immediately, or chill
and serve cold.

Enjoy!
Christiane

--
Rec.food.recipes is moderated by Patricia Hill at .
Archives: