Posted to rec.food.preserving

Default The shelf life of bottled foodstuffs

Does anyone know of a guide to the shelf life of various preserved
foodstuffs.
As a relative beginner at this I bottled some gooseberries in a fairly weak
sugar syrup
2 years ago.
I opened them today and they were perfect.
I guess I'm probably going to have to find out myself, but pointers welcome.
Any online stuff?
Thanks
Zinc (UK)
zincnews at tiscali.co.uk
To reply to address don't click.
Cut and paste, change at to @ symbol
then delete spaces.

Shelf life The Wolf Preserving 3 05-05-2010 03:30 AM
Shelf life SteveB[_2_] General Cooking 64 19-12-2008 09:24 PM
shelf life k-dawg Winemaking 2 01-02-2006 06:12 PM
Shelf life of ham Terry General Cooking 6 26-01-2006 01:03 AM
What is the shelf life for..... dizzi Preserving 6 18-08-2004 06:13 AM