The Cook

Default My Good Luck

Today my husband & I went to a yard sale. He discovered an All
American model 921 canner for $25. Needless to say we bought it.
It was still in its original box. Found the date the hardware company
ordered on -- 01/29/1982. Don't think it has been used recently.

We have moved from the Virginia coast to the foothills of the North
Carolina Blue Ridge Mountains. We found a lovely house that was "move
in" ready. Didn't even have to paint. And it has a large kitchen -
12' x 28'. Maybe not exactly what I would have designed myself, but
it is very nice. The housing market here is slow so the prices are
negotiable. When we got ready to sell the house in Virginia it was a
real sellers' market in our town. It sold in 36 hours for the asking
price.

The kitchen is almost organized. I still have to open 2 or 3 cabinets
to find things and have already rearranged things once.

There seem to be plenty of places to buy fresh produce or pick your
own. If I can get myself together this summer I will get some things
preserved.

Susan N.

--
Susan N.

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who do not.
The Joneses

The Cook wrote:

> Today my husband & I went to a yard sale. He discovered an All
> American model 921 canner for $25. Needless to say we bought it.
> It was still in its original box. Found the date the hardware company
> ordered on -- 01/29/1982. Don't think it has been used recently.
> We have moved from the Virginia coast to the foothills of the North
> Carolina Blue Ridge Mountains. We found a lovely house that was "move
> in" ready. Didn't even have to paint. And it has a large kitchen -
> 12' x 28'. Maybe not exactly what I would have designed myself, but
> it is very nice. The housing market here is slow so the prices are
> negotiable. When we got ready to sell the house in Virginia it was a
> real sellers' market in our town. It sold in 36 hours for the asking
> price.
> The kitchen is almost organized. I still have to open 2 or 3 cabinets
> to find things and have already rearranged things once.
> There seem to be plenty of places to buy fresh produce or pick your
> own. If I can get myself together this summer I will get some things
> preserved.

Great timing kiddo. Keep in touch & let us know what you did. One of the market jewelry ladies
gave me four different varieties of very nice young green beans to pickle.
Edrena

Connie TenClay

I can beat that one. :-) I found one for $1.00 I just have to see if
it will work. It was an All American but I don't know which model. All
the parts are there and even the book.
Connie TC

The Cook wrote:
> Today my husband & I went to a yard sale. He discovered an All
> American model 921 canner for $25. Needless to say we bought it.
> It was still in its original box. Found the date the hardware company
> ordered on -- 01/29/1982. Don't think it has been used recently.

--
Connie TenClay NATA 252
http://home.new.rr.com/tenclay/connie