Scott

Default Good Eats

Just a FYI: Alton Brown has a special on jams on Food Network

"Urban Preservation I: Jam Session
Nobody seems to make jam anymore and Alton has wondered why. It is a
time-honored tradition, and it's easy and delicious. Alton is on a
mission to make canning common again! Using good science and easy
methods, Alton will show you how to jam. Recipe: Spiced Blueberry
Jammin'"

November 25, 2003 11:30 PM ET/PT

November 26, 2003 3:30 AM ET/PT

please mail OT responses only
Marilyn©

In ,
Scott > took a deep breath, sighed and spoke thusly:
> Just a FYI: Alton Brown has a special on jams on Food Network
>
> "Urban Preservation I: Jam Session
> Nobody seems to make jam anymore and Alton has wondered why. It is a
> time-honored tradition, and it's easy and delicious. Alton is on a
> mission to make canning common again! Using good science and easy
> methods, Alton will show you how to jam. Recipe: Spiced Blueberry
> Jammin'"
>
> November 25, 2003 11:30 PM ET/PT
>
> November 26, 2003 3:30 AM ET/PT

We must be nobodies, then, in this group since many of us do make jam. Stupid Food
Network.

--
Marilyn
-----------

The Joneses

"Marilyn©" wrote:

> In ,
> Scott > took a deep breath, sighed and spoke thusly:
> > Just a FYI: Alton Brown has a special on jams on Food Network
> >
> > "Urban Preservation I: Jam Session
> > Nobody seems to make jam anymore and Alton has wondered why. It is a
> > time-honored tradition, and it's easy and delicious. Alton is on a
> > mission to make canning common again! Using good science and easy
> > methods, Alton will show you how to jam. Recipe: Spiced Blueberry
> > Jammin'"
> >
> > November 25, 2003 11:30 PM ET/PT
> >
> > November 26, 2003 3:30 AM ET/PT

> We must be nobodies, then, in this group since many of us do make jam. Stupid Food
> Network.
>
> --
> Marilyn
> -----------
> Having abandoned my search for the truth, I am now looking for a good
> fantasy.

I sometimes find him fascinating, if a bit fussy in the kitchen. But then again this
is
the same program that showed people how to scramble eggs recently. Who
knows, maybe I'll learn something. I did measure where water boils in my
neighborhood and found it was 2 degrees lower than I thought (on my own
'meter anyway). No wonder my jelly got too stiff.
Edrena

Good Eats Brooklyn1 General Cooking 7 02-11-2015 05:50 PM
REQ for Good Eats help Bob O'Dyne Historic 1 21-12-2014 05:16 AM
REQ for Good Eats help Bob O'Dyne General Cooking 0 03-01-2014 12:09 PM
Good eats - BBQ Cheryl[_3_] General Cooking 27 07-02-2011 10:25 PM
Good eats George Shirley[_2_] Preserving 4 12-09-2010 10:16 PM