KenCo

Default OT halloween safety tips!

I saw this on another group!

Halloween Safety Tips

I'm sure that you've all seen these rules before and really,
they're just common sense. But since we're coming up to that
time of the year, I think it's wise to review them. Something
about this time of year can play havoc with otherwise sensible
people.

Just in case you have forgotten the rules for a safe and Happy
Halloween.

1. When it appears that you have killed the monster, NEVER, EVER go
check to see if it's really dead.

2. Never read a book of demon summoning aloud, even just mumbling to
yourself, if you can't read silently you have no business with such a
thing anyway!

3. Do not search the basement, especially if the power has gone out.

4. If your pets speak to you in Latin or any other language which they
should not know, shoot them immediately. It will save you a lot of grief
in the long run. However, it will probably take several rounds to kill
them, so be prepared. This also applies to people who speak with
somebody
else's (usually deep) voice.

5. When you have the benefit of numbers, NEVER pair off or even split up
and go it alone.

6. As a general rule, don't try to solve puzzles that open portals to
Hell.

7. Never stand in, on, or above a grave, tomb, or crypt. This would
apply to any other house of the dead as well.

8. If you're searching for something which caused a loud noise and find
out that it's just the cat, GET THE HELL OUT!

9. If appliances start operating by themselves, lights go on and off, a
fire just appears in the hearth, or doors open and close by themselves -
do
not check for drafts, do not check for short circuits; just get out!

9 1/2. Why, why, why would you even think of sleeping in that house if
that happened?

10. Do not take ANYTHING from the dead.

11. If you find a town which looks deserted, there's probably a good
reason for it. Don't stop and look around!

12. Don't fool with recombinant DNA technology unless you're sure you
know what you're doing. And even if you're sure you know what you're
doing,
just don't fool with it!

13. If you're running from the monster, expect to trip or fall down at
least twice. Also note that, despite the fact that you are running and
the monster is merely shambling along, it's still moving fast enough to
catch up with you.

14. If your companions suddenly begin to exhibit uncharacteristic
behavior such as hissing, fascination for blood, glowing eyes,
increasing hairiness, and so on, kill them immediately.

15. Stay away from certain geographical locations, some of which are
listed he Amityville, Elm Street, Transylvania, Nilbog (you're in
trouble if you recognize this one), the Bermuda Triangle, or any small
town in Maine.

16. If your car runs out of gas at night on a lonely road, do not go to
the nearby deserted looking house to phone for help. If you think that
it is
strange because you thought you had half of a tank, shoot yourself
instead. You are going to die anyway, and most likely be eaten.

17. If you find that your house is built upon a cemetery, now is the
time to move in with the in-laws. This applies to houses that had
or had inhabitants who performed satanic practices in your house.

17 1/2. When the exorcist/whatever declares the house is "clear", your
troubles have just begun.

18. Never look under the stairs. or the bed. or in the closet. or the
cellar, attic.....you get the idea.

19. Don't take anything back to the lab that looks like it might hatch
real soon - especially if it is transparent, something inside is moving,
or it appears to be lighted from within. In the same vein, never bend
over
to look into anything that looks like an opening egg.

20. If you don't want to be chased by the monster (or serial killer,
shark, alien, giant snake, radioactive ants, etc.)...don't wear skimpy
clothes or wet T-shirts.

20 1/2. Practice safe sex: Don't have it anywhere odd things have been
happening, like people turning up dead.

21. If you are being chased by a car, don't run into the building, the
car will corner you and rev it's engine menacingly before destroying the
house, business, police station, etc. Whereas, if you just run down the
road it can't catch you.

22. Never unwrap the mummy. (See........Always good to have duct tape
on-hand just in case something unravels)

23. Going faster than some barrier: sound, light, gossip...is generally
bad news for someone somewhere.

24. When flying on an airplane, at night, in a storm, don't raise the
shade to see what that noise out on the wing was.

25. Don't talk to sheriffs wearing reflecting sunglasses in towns that
are so small the gas station has one pump.

26. Silver works - garlic doesn't.

Happy Halloween !!

--
http://www.kencofish.com Ken Arnold,
401-781-9642 cell 401-225-0556

Linux (SuSE 8.2) user #329121
Please Note: No trees or animals were harmed in the
sending of this contaminant free message We do concede
that a signicant number of electrons may have been
inconvenienced
Ophelia

I believe EVERY WORD. I will get into bed, pull the duvet over my head and
stay there till it is all over.!!!!

Ophelia

"KenCo" > wrote in message
> [...]
>
> 23. Going faster than some barrier: sound, light, gossip...is generally
> bad news for someone somewhere.
>
> 24. When flying on an airplane, at night, in a storm, don't raise the
> shade to see what that noise out on the wing was.
>
> 25. Don't talk to sheriffs wearing reflecting sunglasses in towns that
> are so small the gas station has one pump.
>
> 26. Silver works - garlic doesn't.
>
> Happy Halloween !!
>

> --
> http://www.kencofish.com Ken Arnold,
> 401-781-9642 cell 401-225-0556
> Importer/Exporter of Goldfish,Koi,rare Predators
> Shipping to legal states/countries only!
> Permalon liners, Oase & Supreme Pondmaster pumps
>

> Linux (SuSE 8.2) user #329121
> Please Note: No trees or animals were harmed in the
> sending of this contaminant free message We do concede
> that a signicant number of electrons may have been

Scott

In article >, KenCo >
wrote:

> 1. When it appears that you have killed the monster, NEVER, EVER go
> check to see if it's really dead.

No, no, no!! The problem is always the opposite: they "kill" the
monster, assume it's really dead, turn turn their backs on it, and it
stands up behind them. While it's down, chop off the darned head!

please mail OT responses only
Scott

In article >, KenCo >
wrote:

> 15. Stay away from certain geographical locations, some of which are
> listed he Amityville, Elm Street, Transylvania, Nilbog (you're in
> trouble if you recognize this one), the Bermuda Triangle, or any small
> town in Maine.

oh--I've seen that house in Amityville. It's actually quite nice. No
blood running down the walls or anything--outside, at least.

please mail OT responses only

OT Halloween Safety Tips maxine in ri General Cooking 6 01-11-2007 11:59 PM
Safety First Sheldon General Cooking 63 31-08-2006 03:01 AM
Safety RW Barbecue 22 25-11-2004 11:30 AM
Halloween Tips for Parents & Kids Ted Rosenberg Diabetic 2 30-10-2004 11:15 PM