Brian Mailman

Default Spot Quiz: Pectin Subs, Powdered <=> Liquid

If a recipe calls for powdered pectin and entirely hypothetically (of
course) some well-intentioned but rather illiterate spousal unit picked
up *many* packages of liquid in pouches "because they were on sale"
what's the substitution?

B/
zxcvbob

Brian Mailman wrote:
> If a recipe calls for powdered pectin and entirely hypothetically (of
> course) some well-intentioned but rather illiterate spousal unit picked
> up *many* packages of liquid in pouches "because they were on sale"
> what's the substitution?
>
> B/

There should be a recipe in the Certo packets that Spouse hypothetically
bought that is similar enough to your recipe to adapt yours. Notice that
the *directions* are totally different, but the recipes are not.

Best regards,
Bob

Kathi

zxcvbob > wrote in message >...
> Brian Mailman wrote:
> > If a recipe calls for powdered pectin and entirely hypothetically (of
> > course) some well-intentioned but rather illiterate spousal unit picked
> > up *many* packages of liquid in pouches "because they were on sale"
> > what's the substitution?
> >
> > B/

> There should be a recipe in the Certo packets that Spouse hypothetically
> bought that is similar enough to your recipe to adapt yours. Notice that
> the *directions* are totally different, but the recipes are not.
>
> Best regards,
> Bob

actually I posed this question to the Certo people and they say that
the 2 are not interchangeable. However recipes have been developed
for one or the other, so you should be able to find a recipe, for
example, to make strawverry jam with liquid pectin, and another
strawberry jam recipe using powdered pectin. The Certo people said
that the recipes would not be the same, but I never compared them to
check/see the difference.

good luck with that hyothetical pile of pectin,
Kathi

Old liquid pectin zxcvbob Preserving 6 06-09-2011 08:41 PM
Certo Liquid Pectin fudge General Cooking 9 10-09-2006 03:51 PM
liquid glucose from powdered? Robt E General Cooking 6 07-06-2005 08:57 AM
Meatball Subs Valerie Recipes (moderated) 0 30-01-2004 04:09 AM