Minteeleaf

Default Suggestions for bananas, strawbs, and pineapples

TG wrote:

> I've come into LOTS of bananas, strawberries, and pineapples. Yeah, poor me.
> Looking for suggestions on saving, freezing, canning, etc. There is only so
> much Jam I can stand. Any interesting source for chutney recipes or other
> suggestions on dealing with my bounty other than jam, jelly, or drying?
>
> Thanks,
> Todd

You can freeze bananas, peeled & wrapped in plastic,
& make lots of smoothies with banana as the base,
add other fruits to taste.

I envy you. :-)
Minteeleaf, fruit adorer
Dianna Visek

I've made banana catsup and banana chutney. Also added pineapple to
other fruit for chutneys. I think Helen Witty's "Fancy Pantry" may
have suitable recipes.

Regards, Dianna

On Tue, 07 Oct 2003 15:37:09 GMT, Minteeleaf >
wrote:

>TG wrote:
>>
>> I've come into LOTS of bananas, strawberries, and pineapples. Yeah, poor me.
>> Looking for suggestions on saving, freezing, canning, etc. There is only so
>> much Jam I can stand. Any interesting source for chutney recipes or other
>> suggestions on dealing with my bounty other than jam, jelly, or drying?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Todd

>You can freeze bananas, peeled & wrapped in plastic,
>& make lots of smoothies with banana as the base,
>add other fruits to taste.
>
>I envy you. :-)
>Minteeleaf, fruit adorer

To reply, please remove "fluff" from my address.

How to deal with fresh pineapples? emmy007 General Cooking 11 18-08-2011 05:09 AM
sweet pineapples Mr. Nonsense[_2_] General Cooking 10 21-09-2009 04:34 PM
Besides eating,what else do you think pineapples are also good for ? Keith[_4_] General Cooking 59 22-07-2008 07:36 AM
Bananas LadyJane General Cooking 3 04-09-2006 01:39 AM
Pork Tenderloin Roast with pineapples and apples Pandora General Cooking 21 07-01-2006 04:56 PM