Peggy

Default pickled hot pepper rings

HELPPPPP! I can't find my recipe. Does anyone out there have a good
canning recipe for pickled hot pepper rings that are hot as heck but
slightly on the sweet side?

Hope some dear person on this list can help me out. I've got half a
bushel of the little devils whining for my attention.

Cheers,
Peg (in New York's gorgeous Finger Lakes region — wine country!)

zxcvbob

Peggy wrote:
> HELPPPPP! I can't find my recipe. Does anyone out there have a good
> canning recipe for pickled hot pepper rings that are hot as heck but
> slightly on the sweet side?
>
> Hope some dear person on this list can help me out. I've got half a
> bushel of the little devils whining for my attention.
>
> Cheers,
> Peg (in New York's gorgeous Finger Lakes region — wine country!)

Ross's recipe for "Rings of Fire", posted here occasionally, are very
good. You might want to increase the sugar a little if you want them to
be sweet. Let's see if I can google the recipe...

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...ews.golden.net

> Name: Rings of Fire
> Key Ingredient: Hot Peppers
> Comments: These are great on hamburgers, hot dogs, subs, etc.
>
> 6 quarts, hot peppers
> 5 cups, vinegar
> 2-1/2 cups, water
> 6 Tbs. granulated sugar
> 6 Tbs. pickling salt
>
> Cut hot peppers into rings about 1/4" thick. Combine remaining
> ingredients in stainless steel pot and bring to boil, simmer for 5
> minutes. Pack pepper pieces into hot, sterilized pint mason jars and
> pour boiling liquid over, leaving 1/4" head space. Immediately, fit
> lids and screwbands. Process in BWB 10 minutes. Allow to cool in
> draft free location. Ready to use in approx. 3 weeks.

Best regards,
Bob

Peggy

zxcvbob wrote:
> Peggy wrote:
>
>> HELPPPPP! I can't find my recipe. Does anyone out there have a good
>> canning recipe for pickled hot pepper rings that are hot as heck but
>> slightly on the sweet side?
>>
>> Hope some dear person on this list can help me out. I've got half a
>> bushel of the little devils whining for my attention.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Peg (in New York's gorgeous Finger Lakes region — wine country!)
>>

> Ross's recipe for "Rings of Fire", posted here occasionally, are very
> good. You might want to increase the sugar a little if you want them to
> be sweet. Let's see if I can google the recipe...
>
> http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...ews.golden.net
>
>> Name: Rings of Fire
>> Key Ingredient: Hot Peppers
>> Comments: These are great on hamburgers, hot dogs, subs, etc.
>>
>> 6 quarts, hot peppers
>> 5 cups, vinegar
>> 2-1/2 cups, water
>> 6 Tbs. granulated sugar
>> 6 Tbs. pickling salt
>>
>> Cut hot peppers into rings about 1/4" thick. Combine remaining
>> ingredients in stainless steel pot and bring to boil, simmer for 5
>> minutes. Pack pepper pieces into hot, sterilized pint mason jars and
>> pour boiling liquid over, leaving 1/4" head space. Immediately, fit
>> lids and screwbands. Process in BWB 10 minutes. Allow to cool in
>> draft free location. Ready to use in approx. 3 weeks.

> Best regards,
> Bob

Bingo! That looks like the right recipe to me. Thanks so much.
Peg