Posted to rec.food.preserving

Default citric acid amount

If it is any help in deciding 1/4 teaspoon of citric acid is about equal
to 1 tablespoon of lemon juice for acidifying things, and it seems to me
that it does taste about that sour when dissolved. So if you can
imagine adding lemon juice for taste this might help you.
Ellen
Posted to rec.food.preserving

On Fri 10 Feb 2006 09:39:46a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it ellen
wickberg?

> If it is any help in deciding 1/4 teaspoon of citric acid is about equal
> to 1 tablespoon of lemon juice for acidifying things, and it seems to me
> that it does taste about that sour when dissolved. So if you can
> imagine adding lemon juice for taste this might help you.
> Ellen

Thank you, Ellen. This is a rule of thumb I'll remember.

--
Wayne Boatwright Õ¿Õ¬

Posted to rec.food.preserving

Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> Thank you, Ellen. This is a rule of thumb I'll remember.

No you won't (trust me.) Write in on the citric acid label.

Bob
Posted to rec.food.preserving

"zxcvbob" > wrote in message
> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> >
> > Thank you, Ellen. This is a rule of thumb I'll remember.
> >

> No you won't (trust me.) Write in on the citric acid label.
>
> Bob

ya, but, somewhere in the back of your mind you'll be saying to yourself "I
KNOW I read this on the group..." and you'll Google it...and you'll find
it....

(trust me)

;-)

Kathi

Bob's idea is a good one tho - never would have thought of that myself
;-P....duh..........

Posted to rec.food.preserving

On Fri 10 Feb 2006 02:15:18p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it zxcvbob?

> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>>
>> Thank you, Ellen. This is a rule of thumb I'll remember.
>>

> No you won't (trust me.) Write in on the citric acid label.
>
> Bob

I wrote it on the recipe I want to use.

--
Wayne Boatwright o¿o
____________________

BIOYA

Posted to rec.food.preserving

Kathi Jones wrote:

> "zxcvbob" > wrote in message
>> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>> >
>> > Thank you, Ellen. This is a rule of thumb I'll remember.
>> >

>> No you won't (trust me.) Write in on the citric acid label.
>>
>> Bob

> ya, but, somewhere in the back of your mind you'll be saying to yourself "I
> KNOW I read this on the group..." and you'll Google it...and you'll find
> it....

Just remember it's 1:12.

B/