Posted to rec.food.preserving
Puester

Default Plink, plink, plink...

Woohoo!

Thanks to the encouragement of St. Melba and others, I just made 7 pints
of pomegranate jelly, and they're out of the BWB, plinking away on the
counter. I have lost my fear of BWB at altitude (5800 ft.) which opens a
lot of possibilities.

I'm envisioning another batch with some other fruit added.
Orange, maybe?

They are the most gorgeous garnet color you could imagine.

Thanks, y'all.

gloria p
who used to make lots of jelly/jam at sea level
Posted to rec.food.preserving
Hermione

Puester wrote:

> Woohoo!
>
> Thanks to the encouragement of St. Melba and others, I just made 7 pints
> of pomegranate jelly, and they're out of the BWB, plinking away on the
> counter. I have lost my fear of BWB at altitude (5800 ft.) which opens a
> lot of possibilities.
>
> I'm envisioning another batch with some other fruit added.
> Orange, maybe?
>
> They are the most gorgeous garnet color you could imagine.
>
> Thanks, y'all.

I just knew from the subject someone had a successful canning session!
Congratulations. Your jelly sounds wonderful! Isn't that the best
sound ever. Even DH listens for the plink and he doesn't even can but
he does help with removing jars sometimes I caught him thumbing
through the BBB so it's only a matter of time.

> gloria p
> who used to make lots of jelly/jam at sea level

Posted to rec.food.preserving

It's a wonderful sound, isn't it!?

No pomegranates for me this year. Last year Frances and Jeanne did
their level best to blow my poor tree out of the ground and nearly
succeeded but for myself going out in the storm and hammering stakes
into the ground to lash it to. This year it set exactly one fruit and
dropped it about half-grown. Oh well, maybe next year. I keep
thinking a pomegranate-fig jam would be good thing.

......Alan.

Plink gloria p Preserving 6 24-08-2015 03:17 AM
Plink x 6 gloria p Preserving 0 20-08-2013 01:45 AM
PLINK! gloria p Preserving 12 30-05-2013 10:52 PM
PLINK! gloria.p Preserving 4 11-08-2011 03:00 PM
Plinkity plink plink gloria.p Preserving 2 03-08-2010 08:27 PM