Default Dehydrating Cooked Potatoes question.

Has anyone here tried cooking potatoes, slicing and then
dehydrating them ? Can other veggies also be cooked, sliced and
then dehydrated ?

Thanks.
Ophelia

> wrote in message ...
> Has anyone here tried cooking potatoes, slicing and then
> dehydrating them ? Can other veggies also be cooked, sliced and
> then dehydrated ?

Not fully cooked but very lightly so and then dehydrated.

On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 14:06:28 GMT
"Ophelia" > wrote:

> Not fully cooked but very lightly so and then dehydrated.

Why not fully cooked ?

On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 19:55:50 -0500
zxcvbob > wrote:

> But are potatoes ever really expensive? Also, don't overlook
> frozen vegetables (they are often better and cheaper than
> fresh.)

Important to prepare for emergencies like Katrina etc., Then if
something every happens, everything is a blessing. From being
cheap food, it becomes a life safer.

Home come frozen is cheaper than fresh ? This is hard to
understand. Please explain.

Thanks.
Ophelia

> wrote in message ...
> On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 14:06:28 GMT
> "Ophelia" > wrote:
>

>> Not fully cooked but very lightly so and then dehydrated.

> Why not fully cooked ?

I don't want them overcooked. I like to have a wee bit cooking time
while they are rehydrating

On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 07:28:51 GMT
"Ophelia" > wrote:

> I don't want them overcooked. I like to have a wee bit cooking
> time while they are rehydrating

This is very good to know.

Thank You.
Ophelia

> wrote in message ...
> On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 07:28:51 GMT
> "Ophelia" > wrote:
>

>> I don't want them overcooked. I like to have a wee bit cooking
>> time while they are rehydrating

> This is very good to know.
>
> Thank You.

You are most welcome.

lightlady

> wrote in message ...
> On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 19:55:50 -0500
> zxcvbob > wrote:
>
> > But are potatoes ever really expensive? Also, don't overlook
> > frozen vegetables (they are often better and cheaper than
> > fresh.)

> Important to prepare for emergencies like Katrina etc., Then if
> something every happens, everything is a blessing. From being
> cheap food, it becomes a life safer.
>
> Home come frozen is cheaper than fresh ? This is hard to
> understand. Please explain.
>
> Thanks.

when produce is picked it's sorted according to ripeness. the ripest produce
is sent to be flash frozen or sold in a local market. the next ripest stuff
is then sent to regional distribution, and the least ripe produce is sent to
the furthest market area.

--
lynn

lightlady

"lightlady" <wrote ...
> > wrote...
> > On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 19:55:50 -0500
> >
> > Home come frozen is cheaper than fresh ? This is hard to
> > understand. Please explain.
> >
> > Thanks.

> when produce is picked it's sorted according to ripeness. the ripest

produce
> is sent to be flash frozen or sold in a local market. the next ripest

stuff
> is then sent to regional distribution, and the least ripe produce is sent

> the furthest market area.

sorry, i forgot to mention, the stuff that is flash frozen/processed has
less loss than produce that is shipped fresh. a buyer purchases a truckload
of tomatoes, but some of those either won't get sold before they go bad, or
they're damaged and get marked down in price, so the buyer adjusts his
selling price to adjust for the projected loss of revenue. but the frozen
food guy has less loss of revenue because of quickly processing the produce.

dang, i hope i made sense this time ;-)
--
lynn

On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 13:34:20 -0400
"lightlady" > wrote:

> sorry, i forgot to mention, the stuff that is flash
> frozen/processed has less loss than produce that is shipped
> fresh. a buyer purchases a truckload of tomatoes, but some of
> those either won't get sold before they go bad, or they're
> damaged and get marked down in price, so the buyer adjusts his
> selling price to adjust for the projected loss of revenue. but
> the frozen food guy has less loss of revenue because of quickly
> processing the produce.
>
> dang, i hope i made sense this time ;-)
> --
> lynn