HelixStalwart

Default Buying a BWB in the UK?

Could someone who has bought a BWB in the United Kingdom please tell
me what they used and where it came from? I know tall pans with a
trivet make a simple BWB, and also I have heard of a tea-urn being
used too. I would appreciate some advice on finding a seller of a BWB.

Thanks.
Ophelia

"HelixStalwart" > wrote in message
> Could someone who has bought a BWB in the United Kingdom please tell
> me what they used and where it came from? I know tall pans with a
> trivet make a simple BWB, and also I have heard of a tea-urn being
> used too. I would appreciate some advice on finding a seller of a BWB.

I think you have answered your own question. I was lucky enough that a
poster here (Ross) had a pressure canner for sale. I use that as a BWB
too. I haven't seen anything described as a BWB but that doesn't mean
it doesn't exist. If you have a pan big enough you can also use tea
towels folded in the bottom if it has no rack

William R. Watt

I've purchased a couple of large aluminum pots at church rummage sales for
$1 each which I use for sterilizing jars. In this area churches hold
rummage sales spring and fall and advertise them in the newspapers under
garage sales or community events. We are right now in the middle of the
fall rummage sales. You can often find pressure cookers for a dollar or
two also, but be sure they have all their parts, most criticallly the
rubber seal on the underside of the lid and the little weight which sits
on top. I often see them with the little weight missing.

I've also purchased jars, seives,(?) collanders, measuring cups, and
potato mashers at rummage sales. In fact I've never bought anything for
perserving anywhere but rummage sales and garage sales.

homepage: www.ncf.ca/~ag384/top.htm
~patches~

Ophelia wrote:

> "HelixStalwart" > wrote in message
>
>>Could someone who has bought a BWB in the United Kingdom please tell
>>me what they used and where it came from? I know tall pans with a
>>trivet make a simple BWB, and also I have heard of a tea-urn being
>>used too. I would appreciate some advice on finding a seller of a BWB.

> I think you have answered your own question. I was lucky enough that a
> poster here (Ross) had a pressure canner for sale. I use that as a BWB
> too. I haven't seen anything described as a BWB but that doesn't mean
> it doesn't exist. If you have a pan big enough you can also use tea
> towels folded in the bottom if it has no rack

I use my pressure canner as a bwb too but for smaller loads I use a med
size stock pot with trivet. It works well.

Someone is buying it JBurns General Cooking 21 23-08-2013 11:44 PM
Buying Cookware? Day Dreamer General Cooking 1 21-04-2005 05:52 PM
Buying tea on the net? nickwarren Tea 0 20-12-2004 08:59 PM
buying a BBQ Raelene General Cooking 13 11-12-2004 08:25 PM
Buying tea Ripon Tea 8 20-12-2003 04:15 PM