Joyce

Default Orange zest in jam?

Hi,

I'm back again with yet another question. I went raspberry picking today
and plan on making jam with them soon.

My question is can I put orange zest into the raspberry jam without causing
any trouble? Will I upset some sort of balance by just putting it in?
Should I put it in after the jam has cooked and just before I put the jam
into the jars or should I cook the zest along with the raspberries which
sounds more like the proper thing to do.

I guess that is more then just one question isn't it?

I certainly would appreciate your views on the subject and I hate always
taking information without giving back any advice but feel I'm still very
much a novice even after three years or so.

If I can help any of you with a ceramic or cleaning problem just let me
know.

Thank all you fine people.

Joyce

Melba's Jammin'

In article >, "Joyce"
> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm back again with yet another question. I went raspberry picking
> today and plan on making jam with them soon.
>
> My question is can I put orange zest into the raspberry jam without
> causing any trouble?

Sure.

> Will I upset some sort of balance by just putting it in?

Nope.

> Should I put it in after the jam has cooked and just before I put the
> jam into the jars or should I cook the zest along with the
> raspberries which sounds more like the proper thing to do.

I cook it with the jam.

> I guess that is more then just one question isn't it?

Nah, it was just one long one -- I could hear you catching a breath
between phrases. :-)

> If I can help any of you with a ceramic or cleaning problem just let me
> know.

My floor needs scrubbing, and the windows need to be washed. I think I
need a couple sticks of TNT instead of Mr. Clean.

--
-Barb, <http://www.jamlady.eboard.com> 7/8/05 WeBeJammin'!
Joyce

Once again, thank you and for the quick reply too.

> If I can help any of you with a ceramic or cleaning problem just let me
> know.

>My floor needs scrubbing, and the windows need to be washed. I think I
>need a couple sticks of TNT instead of Mr. Clean.

That's an easy one Barb. Sell a few extra jars of your delicious jams and
hire someone to do it!

Joyce

Lemon Zest -- how-to? Steve Pope General Cooking 70 19-06-2010 11:59 PM
Orange zest Mike N. Preserving 4 22-08-2008 04:09 PM
Substitutiion for orange zest - clementines or tangerines zest Dee.Dee General Cooking 13 21-12-2007 08:21 PM
Golden Roasted Turkey Breast with Orange Zest, Spinach [email protected] Recipes (moderated) 0 05-01-2007 02:04 AM
minced zest of 1 orange? tenplay General Cooking 15 02-05-2004 01:11 AM