Joyce

Default Peach/Strawberry Jam canning lids

Hello,

Does anyone have any idea where I might get decorative canning lids for my
Strawberry and Peach Jam? I have come across them here and there every once
in a while and find them to be delightful looking. I like to use them on
the jam jars I give away as presents.

I have looked on a whole bunch of web sites and just can't find them and
then I thought of asking all you fine folks.

Thanking you in advance,

Joyce

George Shirley

Both Walmart and Kroger carry them here in SW Louisiana if you're
talking about the typical Ball fancy lids.

George

Joyce wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Does anyone have any idea where I might get decorative canning lids for my
> Strawberry and Peach Jam? I have come across them here and there every once
> in a while and find them to be delightful looking. I like to use them on
> the jam jars I give away as presents.
>
> I have looked on a whole bunch of web sites and just can't find them and
> then I thought of asking all you fine folks.
>
> Thanking you in advance,
>
> Joyce

Joyce

Yes, those are the lids I'm looking for but our Wal-Mart doesn't carry them
and we don't have a Kroger's. I'm try them both on line.

Thanks,

Joyce

"George Shirley" > wrote in message
. ..
> Both Walmart and Kroger carry them here in SW Louisiana if you're talking
> about the typical Ball fancy lids.
>
> George
>
> Joyce wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Does anyone have any idea where I might get decorative canning lids for
>> my Strawberry and Peach Jam? I have come across them here and there
>> every once in a while and find them to be delightful looking. I like to
>> use them on the jam jars I give away as presents.
>>
>> I have looked on a whole bunch of web sites and just can't find them and
>> then I thought of asking all you fine folks.
>>
>> Thanking you in advance,
>>
>> Joyce

The Joneses

Joyce wrote:

> Yes, those are the lids I'm looking for but our Wal-Mart doesn't carry them
> and we don't have a Kroger's. I'm try them both on line.
> Thanks, Joyce

Do try and call some hardware stores, prob. the little "country" ones. The
megahomestores haven't been carrying them in my neighborhood.
Edrena

ellen wickberg

Joyce wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Does anyone have any idea where I might get decorative canning lids for my
> Strawberry and Peach Jam? I have come across them here and there every once
> in a while and find them to be delightful looking. I like to use them on
> the jam jars I give away as presents.
>
> I have looked on a whole bunch of web sites and just can't find them and
> then I thought of asking all you fine folks.
>
> Thanking you in advance,
>
> Joyce

In Canada Bernardin sells them, so maybe go to the US companies that
Altrista ( or whoever it is now) owns. I think that website is
Homecanning.com
Ellen

Melba's Jammin'

In article >, "Joyce"

Ball makes them. Or did. <www.homecanning.com>
--
-Barb, <http://www.jamlady.eboard.com> 5/8/05.
"Are we going to measure, or are we going to cook?" -Food Critic Mimi Sheraton
Melba's Jammin'

In article <Jh3oe.1565530$6l.1116286@pd7tw2no>, ellen wickberg
> wrote:

> Joyce wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Does anyone have any idea where I might get decorative canning lids
> > for my Strawberry and Peach Jam?

> > Joyce
> >

> In Canada Bernardin sells them, so maybe go to the US companies that
> Altrista ( or whoever it is now)

Jarden.
--
-Barb, <http://www.jamlady.eboard.com> 5/8/05.
"Are we going to measure, or are we going to cook?" -Food Critic Mimi Sheraton
ellen wickberg

Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> In article <Jh3oe.1565530$6l.1116286@pd7tw2no>, ellen wickberg
> > wrote:
>

>>Joyce wrote:
>>
>>>Hello,
>>>
>>>Does anyone have any idea where I might get decorative canning lids
>>>for my Strawberry and Peach Jam?

>>>Joyce
>>>

>>In Canada Bernardin sells them, so maybe go to the US companies that
>>Altrista ( or whoever it is now)

> Jarden.

Thanks Barb for being a repository of all knowledge.
Ellen
Melba's Jammin'

In article <Pdkoe.1571149$6l.1007011@pd7tw2no>, ellen wickberg
> wrote:

> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> > In article <Jh3oe.1565530$6l.1116286@pd7tw2no>, ellen wickberg
> > > wrote:

> >>In Canada Bernardin sells them, so maybe go to the US companies that
> >>Altrista ( or whoever it is now)

> > Jarden.

> Thanks Barb for being a repository of all knowledge.
> Ellen

Heh! Just don't ask me anything important, Ellen. :-) I am a fount of
useless knowledge. In demand at Trivial Pursuit.
--
-Barb, <http://www.jamlady.eboard.com> 5/8/05.
"Are we going to measure, or are we going to cook?" -Food Critic Mimi Sheraton
Joyce

Thank you all so much for the answers and ideas! I still haven't had any
luck finding them tho. If only all my problems were so
small...................

Joyce

"Joyce" > wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> Does anyone have any idea where I might get decorative canning lids for my
> Strawberry and Peach Jam? I have come across them here and there every
> once in a while and find them to be delightful looking. I like to use
> them on the jam jars I give away as presents.
>
> I have looked on a whole bunch of web sites and just can't find them and
> then I thought of asking all you fine folks.
>
> Thanking you in advance,
>
> Joyce

Ev Dugan

On Sat, 4 Jun 2005 17:56:38 -0400, "Joyce" >
wrote:

>Thank you all so much for the answers and ideas! I still haven't had any
>luck finding them tho. If only all my problems were so
>
>Joyce

http://www.polsteins.com/cancaplid.html

Reusable Canning Lids Don S. Preserving 12 25-05-2012 07:36 PM
Thoughts on the question of BPA in canning jar lids George Shirley[_2_] Preserving 1 23-05-2012 01:57 AM
Canning Peach Juice Beti Preserving 9 17-09-2011 07:58 PM
Bulk canning lids George Shirley Preserving 2 01-07-2009 06:29 PM
Survey On Canning Lids Mimi[_2_] Preserving 14 09-03-2009 12:04 PM