Kathi Jones

Default smoked meat help

Hi all,

So I Googled the group and got fed up when I kept coming up with old (1999)
faqs and posts, and then, admittedly, got lazy to look for more.....I'm
interesed in learnng how to make my own Montreal smoked meat - I don't know
anything about preserving/smoking/curing meat, have no idea where to start,
so I need to be pointed in the right direction, from the beginning, and
trust the people on this group for their knowledgable help and
patience....anyone?

I'd really appreciate it....

Kathi

Brian Mailman

Kathi Jones wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> So I Googled the group and got fed up when I kept coming up with old (1999)
> faqs and posts, and then, admittedly, got lazy to look for more

then you'll have to wait until the faq is posted....which is every few
weeks if it's not still on your news server.

b/
George Shirley

Brian Mailman wrote:
> Kathi Jones wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> So I Googled the group and got fed up when I kept coming up with old
>> (1999)
>> faqs and posts, and then, admittedly, got lazy to look for more

> then you'll have to wait until the faq is posted....which is every few
> weeks if it's not still on your news server.
>
> b/

Or you can go he > http://www.gbronline.com/jacke/rfpfaq/rfpFAQ.htm

and get the latest version of the rfp faq.

George

Gary S.

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 12:41:38 -0600, George Shirley
> wrote:

>Brian Mailman wrote:
>> Kathi Jones wrote:
>>
>>> So I Googled the group and got fed up when I kept coming up with old
>>> (1999)
>>> faqs and posts, and then, admittedly, got lazy to look for more

>> then you'll have to wait until the faq is posted....which is every few
>> weeks if it's not still on your news server.

>Or you can go he > http://www.gbronline.com/jacke/rfpfaq/rfpFAQ.htm
>
>and get the latest version of the rfp faq.

With the advanced search on Google Groups, you can choose a date
range. Very helpful when you really only want the latest version, or
want to reduce the number of hits.

Another group to look at for smoking meats would be alt.food.barbecue,
including hot smoking and cold smoking.

I posted here a few months ago how to get their FAQ through various
sites.

Happy trails,
Gary (net.yogi.bear)

Gary D. Schwartz, Needham, MA, USA
Kathi Jones

"Gary S." <Idontwantspam@net> wrote in message
> On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 12:41:38 -0600, George Shirley
> > wrote:
>
> >Brian Mailman wrote:

> >> then you'll have to wait until the faq is posted....which is every few
> >> weeks if it's not still on your news server.

> >Or you can go he > http://www.gbronline.com/jacke/rfpfaq/rfpFAQ.htm
> >
> >and get the latest version of the rfp faq.
> >

> With the advanced search on Google Groups, you can choose a date
> range. Very helpful when you really only want the latest version, or
> want to reduce the number of hits.
>
> Another group to look at for smoking meats would be alt.food.barbecue,
> including hot smoking and cold smoking.
>
> I posted here a few months ago how to get their FAQ through various
> sites.
>
> Happy trails,
> Gary (net.yogi.bear)
> at the 51st percentile of ursine intelligence
>
> Gary D. Schwartz, Needham, MA, USA
> Please reply to: garyDOTschwartzATpoboxDOTcom

well, I sure know who to ask if I need Googling help.....now if y'all wanna
share your meat smoking tips as easy as your Googling tips, I'd be all
set.....

;-)

Kathi

Gary S.

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 16:42:56 -0500, "Kathi Jones" >
wrote:

>> With the advanced search on Google Groups, you can choose a date
>> range. Very helpful when you really only want the latest version, or
>> want to reduce the number of hits.
>>
>> Another group to look at for smoking meats would be alt.food.barbecue,
>> including hot smoking and cold smoking.
>>
>> I posted here a few months ago how to get their FAQ through various
>> sites.
>>
>> Happy trails,
>> Gary (net.yogi.bear)

>well, I sure know who to ask if I need Googling help.....now if y'all wanna
>share your meat smoking tips as easy as your Googling tips, I'd be all
>set.....

I would defer to the folks in that group.

They are quite serious and knowledgable, and I am dabbling with
barbecue because I like to eat it. Some of them compete or judge in
national barbecue contests, the sort where the prizewinners post the
award in their restaurants.

Besides, if you check my location, there are allegedly no real
barbecue places anywhere near.

If one does not have the answer, knowing where to find it is still
helpful.

Happy trails,
Gary (net.yogi.bear)

Gary D. Schwartz, Needham, MA, USA
Kathi Jones

"Gary S." <Idontwantspam@net> wrote in message
> On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 16:42:56 -0500, "Kathi Jones" >
> wrote:
>
> >> With the advanced search on Google Groups, you can choose a date
> >> range. Very helpful when you really only want the latest version, or
> >> want to reduce the number of hits.
> >>
> >> Another group to look at for smoking meats would be alt.food.barbecue,
> >> including hot smoking and cold smoking.
> >>
> >> I posted here a few months ago how to get their FAQ through various
> >> sites.
> >>
> >> Happy trails,
> >> Gary (net.yogi.bear)

> >well, I sure know who to ask if I need Googling help.....now if y'all

wanna
> >share your meat smoking tips as easy as your Googling tips, I'd be all
> >set.....
> >

> I would defer to the folks in that group.
>
> They are quite serious and knowledgable, and I am dabbling with
> barbecue because I like to eat it. Some of them compete or judge in
> national barbecue contests, the sort where the prizewinners post the
> award in their restaurants.
>
> Besides, if you check my location, there are allegedly no real
> barbecue places anywhere near.
>
> If one does not have the answer, knowing where to find it is still
> helpful.
>
> Happy trails,
> Gary (net.yogi.bear)
> at the 51st percentile of ursine intelligence
>
> Gary D. Schwartz, Needham, MA, USA
> Please reply to: garyDOTschwartzATpoboxDOTcom

thanks you Gary,

kathi

Kathi Jones

"Kathi Jones" > wrote in message

> "Gary S." <Idontwantspam@net> wrote in message

alt.food.barbecue,

> > >well, I sure know who to ask if I need Googling help.....now if y'all

> wanna
> > >share your meat smoking tips as easy as your Googling tips, I'd be all
> > >set.....
> > >

> > I would defer to the folks in that group.
> >
> > They are quite serious and knowledgable, and I am dabbling with
> > barbecue because I like to eat it. Some of them compete or judge in
> > national barbecue contests, the sort where the prizewinners post the
> > award in their restaurants.
> >
> > Besides, if you check my location, there are allegedly no real
> > barbecue places anywhere near.
> >
> > If one does not have the answer, knowing where to find it is still
> > helpful.
> >
> > Happy trails,
> > Gary (net.yogi.bear)
> > at the 51st percentile of ursine intelligence
> >
> > Gary D. Schwartz, Needham, MA, USA
> > Please reply to: garyDOTschwartzATpoboxDOTcom

> thanks you Gary,
>
> kathi

Hey Gary,

so I've been reading a.f.b. for a few days now - are flame wars the norm?
I'm certainly not interested in that...........just making smoked
meat.............

Kathi

The Joneses

Kathi Jones wrote:

> Hey Gary,
> so I've been reading a.f.b. for a few days now - are flame wars the norm?
> I'm certainly not interested in that...........just making smoked
> meat.............
> Kathi

Where there's smoke there's fire? Y'all let yerself open for that one.
Edrena

Gary S.

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 19:46:03 -0500, "Kathi Jones" >
wrote:

>Hey Gary,
>
>so I've been reading a.f.b. for a few days now - are flame wars the norm?
>I'm certainly not interested in that...........just making smoked
>meat.............
>
>Kathi

Many groups do end up with flame wars, and hate to say, but this one
is trivial.

Not sure what newsreader you have, but guessing Outlook Express. Many
others have filtering capabilities.

In any case, you will quickly learn which posters are worth reading.

Keep focused on the topic, and ignore the rest.

The trouble with anarchy is that it is so poorly organized.

Happy trails,
Gary (net.yogi.bear)