Posted to rec.food.preserving

Default Putting up figs again

Three days worth of picking gave us enough ripe figs to make another
small batch of jam. Miz Anne is working it up at this time.

We built a net house over the fig tree and, so far, no mockingbirds have
pecked one. Set up the fake owl last night, will move it tomorrow.
Working with the shiny, crinkly tape I got on line. It's supposed to
scare birds away. If I find one standing by it watching it swirl I will
want my money back. <G>

Will be freezing another two quarts of black crowder peas tomorrow
morning. Helps for saving my favorite peas without heating up the kitchen.

George
Posted to rec.food.preserving

George Shirley wrote:
> Will be freezing another two quarts of black crowder peas tomorrow
> morning. Helps for saving my favorite peas without heating up the kitchen.

that's another reason why i like making the
strawberry freezer jam version instead of the
cooked version (besides the flavor is so much
better ).

songbird