Posted to rec.food.preserving

Default Big sale on red, yellow and green bell peppers

Local market was practically giving the peppers away today so we bought
a bunch of them. Chopped into small pieces and/or cut into slices they
will be frozen on a sheet pan then vacuum bagged for later cooking.

With all the rain we've been getting big cucumbers, squash, and a few
sweet peppers. Black crowder peas are still growing like crazy and the
earliest ones are starting to get ripe, just a few here and there.

Fig and pear trees are loaded, time to net the figs or the mockingbirds
will get all the fruit.

The rain stopped a little before noon today and hasn't come back yet but
is threatening two. We've had well over eight inches this past week and
really don't need anymore. At least it is cooler when it rains rather
than our usual humid, high temperatures.

Won't be long to canning time.

George

Bell peppers Julie Bove[_2_] Diabetic 25 29-07-2012 07:28 PM
Pointed cabbage with butter beans and yellow bell pepper Michael Nielsen[_2_] General Cooking 5 31-10-2009 04:10 PM
Are Red and Yellow Bell Peppers More Nutritious than Green Ones? qquito General Cooking 31 21-09-2009 05:40 AM
Mangos (cabbage & green bell peppers) Thanks Dee Dee General Cooking 2 18-07-2007 06:55 PM
Bell Peppers [email protected] General Cooking 10 27-12-2005 03:20 PM