Posted to rec.food.preserving

Default Easter Sunday

Perused the garden a bit ago, the blueberries are setting fruit as is
the fig tree. Hopes of a good crop makes me smile. Lots of bumble,
mason, etc. bees are working the liriope, their favorite flower in our
gardens. I'm hoping they are visiting other plants as well.

Crowder peas and cucumbers are starting to produce the climbing parts
and all look healthy. They were given fish emulsion yesterday so should
do well. The blueberries were given the blueberry fertilizer also. All
the plants and seeded plants are up and going well. Still a bit cool
here in the morning but getting into the seventies by noon and later.
Summer will be here toot sweet as my Cajun friends used to tell me.

I hope I have plenty of jars for the crowder peas to fit into also for
the blueberries. Probably have to go to the U Pick 'em farm to get
enough berries as our plants are still young. Unfortunately our favorite
blackberry farm is becoming a new subdivision. Guess the owner figured
he could get rich a lot quicker by selling the farm. So many of the U
Pick 'em farms are going that way that they will all be gone before
long. Thirty years ago there were so many farms here that you could go
out and pick and pay for what you wanted. I guess the supermarkets are
happy.

The pear tree out front is loaded with baby pears and still blooming. We
are hoping for a bumper crop. I have visions of pear jelly, pear sauce,
sliced pears, and pears just to eat out of hand.

No work today as it is Easter Sunday, hope all are having a good Easter.

George

(Easter) Sunday Chat 4/12/2009 jmcquown[_2_] General Cooking 0 12-04-2009 11:26 PM
Easter cometh (natural Easter egg dying) Omelet[_7_] General Cooking 48 07-03-2009 02:24 AM
Easter Sunday - dessert - 6 recipes Melba's Jammin' General Cooking 10 07-04-2006 02:17 PM
Easter Sunday Dimitri General Cooking 61 03-05-2005 03:47 AM
Sunday Dinner's Super Bowl Sunday Menu (6) Collection Duckie Recipes (moderated) 0 29-01-2004 03:30 AM