Posted to rec.food.preserving

Default I miss you guys!

I'm still on the green side of the grass.
State Fair starts tomorrow and I have a tv spot with a local station.
Will likely, due to timing, not find out how my entries did until I'm
on the grounds. I made 20 entries of jars plus some decorated eggs in
two different areas of the fair.

I read a Facebook canning group. Mother of God, I swear some of those
people are NUTS!

Jorge, I'm glad to see you're still kicking. Take care of yourself!

Barb
www.barbschaller.com, last update April 2013

Posted to rec.food.preserving

On 8/26/2015 8:11 PM, Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> I'm still on the green side of the grass.
> State Fair starts tomorrow and I have a tv spot with a local station.
> Will likely, due to timing, not find out how my entries did until I'm on
> the grounds. I made 20 entries of jars plus some decorated eggs in two
> different areas of the fair.
>
> I read a Facebook canning group. Mother of God, I swear some of those
> people are NUTS!
>
> Jorge, I'm glad to see you're still kicking. Take care of yourself!

Dang! I was about ready to call your house to see if you were still
alive. Good luck on the fair doings, you know you're going to win don't you?

Quit reading Facebook, our daughter, granddaughters, great
granddaughters, and daughters-in-law read it but we don't. As most
people know, I'm not that sociable with strangers. <G>

All we've put up this year were fig jam, chopped sweet chiles, canned
green beans, and a few jars of crowder peas. Not enough to last the
winter but maybe we can beg for home canned goods on corners, way out in
the country most likely.

Not kicking as much as usual, paralysis on right side, particularly the
leg, seems to be getting worse. I'm working at improving but so far not
much help.
Posted to rec.food.preserving

Melba's Jammin' wrote:

> I'm still on the green side of the grass.
> State Fair starts tomorrow and I have a tv spot with a local station.
> Will likely, due to timing, not find out how my entries did until I'm
> on the grounds. I made 20 entries of jars plus some decorated eggs in
> two different areas of the fair.
>
> I read a Facebook canning group. Mother of God, I swear some of those
> people are NUTS!

i can believe it... (npi) i decided ages ago that fb
and i do not get along, it's like a repeat of jr high
school all over again and the first time sucked enough as
it was...

good luck with the fair entries!

songbird
Posted to rec.food.preserving

On Wednesday, 26 August 2015 21:11:38 UTC-4, Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> I'm still on the green side of the grass.
> State Fair starts tomorrow and I have a tv spot with a local station.
> Will likely, due to timing, not find out how my entries did until I'm
> on the grounds. I made 20 entries of jars plus some decorated eggs in
> two different areas of the fair.
>
> I read a Facebook canning group. Mother of God, I swear some of those
> people are NUTS!
>
> Jorge, I'm glad to see you're still kicking. Take care of yourself!

> Barb
> www.barbschaller.com, last update April 2013

In what ways are they NUTS lol
Posted to rec.food.preserving

On 2015-08-27 03:51:23 +0000, Randal Oulton said:

> On Wednesday, 26 August 2015 21:11:38 UTC-4, Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>> I'm still on the green side of the grass.
>> State Fair starts tomorrow and I have a tv spot with a local station.
>> Will likely, due to timing, not find out how my entries did until I'm
>> on the grounds. I made 20 entries of jars plus some decorated eggs in
>> two different areas of the fair.
>>
>> I read a Facebook canning group. Mother of God, I swear some of those
>> people are NUTS!
>>
>> Jorge, I'm glad to see you're still kicking. Take care of yourself!
>>

>> --
>> --
>> Barb
>> www.barbschaller.com, last update April 2013

> In what ways are they NUTS lol

Do you read it and/or participate in it?
Barb
www.barbschaller.com, last update April 2013

Posted to rec.food.preserving

On Wednesday, August 26, 2015 at 9:11:38 PM UTC-4, Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> I'm still on the green side of the grass.
> State Fair starts tomorrow and I have a tv spot with a local station.
> Will likely, due to timing, not find out how my entries did until I'm
> on the grounds. I made 20 entries of jars plus some decorated eggs in
> two different areas of the fair.
>
> I read a Facebook canning group. Mother of God, I swear some of those
> people are NUTS!
>
> Jorge, I'm glad to see you're still kicking. Take care of yourself!

> Barb
> www.barbschaller.com, last update April 2013

Barb, I saw you on that group. it's sad how often people have to be told again that their "tried and true" recipes and methods are not safe as in DANGEROUS! I can't imagine what goes through their minds. it's like the testers are making a personal assault on their family and themselves.
Posted to rec.food.preserving

On Wed, 26 Aug 2015 20:11:36 -0500, Melba's Jammin'
> wrote:

>I'm still on the green side of the grass.
>State Fair starts tomorrow and I have a tv spot with a local station.
>Will likely, due to timing, not find out how my entries did until I'm
>on the grounds. I made 20 entries of jars plus some decorated eggs in
>two different areas of the fair.
>
>I read a Facebook canning group. Mother of God, I swear some of those
>people are NUTS!
>
>Jorge, I'm glad to see you're still kicking. Take care of yourself!

Hi Barb,

Glad to hear you're still on the green side ;-).
I miss your posts and I'm sure lots of other do too.
I haven't been very active on the group of late but still read it
quite regularly.
Gerry and I still have a good sized garden and do our share of
preserving but, I'm having real hip problems and with my 80th almost a
year behind me I don't accomplish as much as I want to, and that
really bugs me.
Good luck at the fair and keep us posted on the results.

All the best,

Ross.
Southern Ontario, Canada

OT - Miss me? ;-) Wayne Boatwright General Cooking 28 16-12-2006 08:08 AM
What did I miss...? Bob (this one) General Cooking 7 25-04-2006 01:14 AM
Do not miss it ccccccc Sourdough 12 16-03-2005 04:21 AM
miss me? ~*~ Bunny ~*~ Recipes 0 25-10-2004 06:54 AM
Miss Me?!? Goomba General Cooking 2 05-06-2004 03:20 AM