Posted to rec.food.preserving

Default Tomatoes in oi

Hello again

I have dehydrated excess tomatoes and would like to use them in oil. How
long would it be safe to store them, if it all, please?

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/
Posted to rec.food.preserving

Ophelia wrote:
> Hello again
>
> I have dehydrated excess tomatoes and would like to use them in oil. How
> long would it be safe to store them, if it all, please?

never, unless you plan on pressure canning.

things packed in oil are potential botulism
farms.

much better to just leave them dry.

songbird
Posted to rec.food.preserving

"songbird" > wrote in message
> Ophelia wrote:
>> Hello again
>>
>> I have dehydrated excess tomatoes and would like to use them in oil.
>> How
>> long would it be safe to store them, if it all, please?

> never, unless you plan on pressure canning.
>
> things packed in oil are potential botulism
> farms.
>
> much better to just leave them dry.

Thank you! I did know about the dangers of that but wondered if I could do
so for short periods.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Tomatoes anyone? Ian Field Diabetic 19 18-10-2014 09:07 PM
Tomatoes Leonard Blaisdell[_2_] General Cooking 7 21-10-2013 03:46 PM
McD and Tomatoes? Andy[_2_] General Cooking 47 11-06-2007 06:50 PM
Crushed tomatoes/whole canned tomatoes biig General Cooking 22 19-01-2007 07:37 PM
For the Guy With Extra Cherry Tomatoes - Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes ~patches~ General Cooking 5 23-08-2005 08:55 PM