Posted to rec.food.preserving

Default Pomegranate seeds

Hi there,

Loooooong time lurker needs help. I am a City person who is so proud of my tiny new garden that had three tomato plants this Summer and now pleased with my pomegranate bush that gave us 16 pomegranates.

We ate a few straightaway and now have a big bowl of the berries to juice. Question is, what is the best way to do that? I would like to freeze the juice for smoothies throughout the Winter.

I am in awe of you folks that grow so many things. I am now trying kale, chard, and spinach. This is all so new to me and it makes me very happy, but I didn't grow up around this sort of thing so it is truly a learning experience for me.

Any help you can give me would be so appreciated.

Julie
Posted to rec.food.preserving

http://www.ehow.com/how_6455076_extr...ate-seeds.html

> My long dead Aunt had several pomegranate bushes in her backyard, have
>
> fond memories of eating the arils with seed and juice. We can grow the
>
> bushes here in Houston, TX area but just don't have enough room.
>

> George

Hi George,

Thanks so much. We ended up using one of the suggestions, we mashed them in a sieve. I think next year I will just cut them in half and use an old Rival juicer.

I appreciate your quick response. Good luck with all your planting, harvesting, canning, and cooking!

Julie

Pomegranate Lucille[_2_] General Cooking 12 30-01-2011 06:25 PM
POMEGRANATE madis General Cooking 3 20-10-2009 02:28 AM
Baby Greens with Pomegranate Seeds and Spiced Pecans Kathy[_2_] Recipes (moderated) 0 26-02-2008 01:56 AM
Pomegranate 7up ravenlynne General Cooking 22 12-11-2007 06:00 PM
Onion seeds vs Nigella seeds PenguiN General Cooking 6 16-03-2004 02:46 AM