Posted to rec.food.preserving

Default End of season sale on canning supplies

Both Lowe's stores in our area have big discounts on canning supplies
today and for awhile. While I was picking up an internet order at one
store today a young woman and her children were coming out with two full
carts of jars, lids, and other such supplies. I had not seen the sale
advertised but some of you might want to check out your Lowe's.

Don't know the discount price but it must be low for someone to buy two
carts full. Asked the young lady if she was a home food preserver and
she said she was trying to be one. Offered her some advice on good books
to help her, such as SETP and BBK, aka as So Easy To Preserve and the
Ball Big Book. I hope you learns to safely preserve home grown food for
her young family and that she stays with it.

I've met several young people of late who want to learn how to grow and
preserve their own food. I am posting an offer to teach both, free, on
the HOA website for our subdivision.

Today the live oak in the front lawn got moved next door and, on
Saturday, the neighbor next door and his brother are removing the hedge
plants and then we can plant the dwarf Barbadoes cherries. Once the
cherries are in we will plant rainbow chard in front of them. The stuffy
neighbors who don't like anything gaudy or edible in the front of the
houses will never know the difference. <G>

George