Posted to rec.food.preserving,rec.food.cooking

Default The 17th Annual Schaller Ribbon Report - Yeeeee-hah!!!

Barb wrote:

> That makes 16 ribbons for 20 entries. That just tickles me beyond words
> I've never done that well in 30 years of this stuff.

Uh oh. Does that mean you have to try harder next year?

Have you ever made marmalade? Orange, tangerine, clementine, lemon or
grapefruit? Is there a category for it? (Lemon-cherry would be pretty.)

gloria p

Posted to rec.food.preserving,rec.food.cooking,mn.general

On 8/25/2011 8:21 AM, Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> Blue ribbons: Yee-hah!!
> Raspberry Jelly!
> Blackberry Jam!
> Apricot Butter!
> Pickled Beets (that I have never tasted!!!
> Bread& Butter Pickles !
> Barbecue Sauce
> Tomato Juice !
>
> Second Place
> Mint Jelly
> Apricot Jam
> Nectarine Jam
> Watermelon Rind
> Stewed Tomatoes
>
> Third Place
> Peach Jam
>
> Fourth Place
> Blackberry Jelly
> Corn Relish
>
> That's placing in 15 of 20 entries -- 75%. I am thrilled beyond words!!

Congratulations, Barb!

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Posted to rec.food.preserving

Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> That's placing in 15 of 20 entries -- 75%. Â*I am thrilled beyond words!!

congratulations!

songbird
Posted to rec.food.preserving,rec.food.cooking,mn.general

On Aug 25, 9:21*am, Melba's Jammin' >
wrote:
> Blue ribbons: *Yee-hah!!
> Raspberry Jelly!
> Blackberry Jam!
> Apricot Butter!
> Pickled Beets (that I have never tasted!!!
> Bread & Butter Pickles !
> Barbecue Sauce*
> Tomato Juice !
>
> Second Place
> Mint Jelly
> Apricot Jam
> Nectarine Jam
> Watermelon Rind
> Stewed Tomatoes
>
> Third Place
> Peach Jam
>
> Fourth Place
> Blackberry Jelly
> Corn Relish
>
> That's placing in 15 of 20 entries -- 75%. *I am thrilled beyond words!!
>
> --
> Barb,http://web.me.com/barbschallerJuly 27, 2011. *Read it and weep.

Congrats, Barb! great going girl!

Hey - if those pickled dirt chunks are blue ribbon winners, maybe it's
time to try them?

Kathi
Posted to rec.food.preserving,rec.food.cooking,mn.general

On Thu, 25 Aug 2011 21:11:45 -0500, Melba's Jammin'
> wrote:

>In article >,
> Melba's Jammin' > wrote:
>
>> Blue ribbons: *Yee-hah!!
>> Raspberry Jelly!
>> Blackberry Jam!
>> Apricot Butter!
>> Pickled Beets (that I have never tasted!!!
>> Bread & Butter Pickles !
>> Barbecue Sauce*
>> Tomato Juice !
>>
>> Second Place
>> Mint Jelly
>> Apricot Jam
>> Nectarine Jam
>> Watermelon Rind
>> Stewed Tomatoes
>>
>> Third Place
>> Peach Jam
>>
>> Fourth Place
>> Blackberry Jelly
>> Corn Relish
>>
>> That's placing in 15 of 20 entries -- 75%. *I am thrilled beyond words!!

><cough> Actually it's 16 ribbons for 20 entries. I forgot to mark that
>the Peach Melba Jelly received a second place ribbon, too.

Actually placing is first/second/third, seems you got a gimmee for the
Blackberry Jelly & Corn Relish.

Posted to rec.food.preserving,rec.food.cooking,mn.general

On Fri, 26 Aug 2011 04:03:06 -0700 (PDT), Kathi >
wrote:

>On Aug 25, 9:21*am, Melba's Jammin' >
>wrote:
>> Blue ribbons: *Yee-hah!!
>> Raspberry Jelly!
>> Blackberry Jam!
>> Apricot Butter!
>> Pickled Beets (that I have never tasted!!!
>> Bread & Butter Pickles !
>> Barbecue Sauce*
>> Tomato Juice !
>>
>> Second Place
>> Mint Jelly
>> Apricot Jam
>> Nectarine Jam
>> Watermelon Rind
>> Stewed Tomatoes
>>
>> Third Place
>> Peach Jam
>>
>> Fourth Place
>> Blackberry Jelly
>> Corn Relish
>>
>> That's placing in 15 of 20 entries -- 75%. *I am thrilled beyond words!!
>>
>> --
>> Barb,http://web.me.com/barbschallerJuly 27, 2011. *Read it and weep.

>Congrats, Barb! great going girl!
>
>Hey - if those pickled dirt chunks are blue ribbon winners, maybe it's
>time to try them?
>
>Kathi

Hey, don't she ever leave any ribbons for somebody else to win? hehe
Musta been a *** pride fair... all fruits and no meats. LOL
Good going, Barb!
Posted to rec.food.preserving,rec.food.cooking,mn.general

"Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "D.A. Tsenuf" > wrote:
>
>> I think you need to try some recipes for Borsht, hot and cold
>> Trust me, good Borsht does NOT taste like dirt.
>> Neither do properly pickled beets
>> I suspect that your beets are properly prepared and do NOT taste like
>> dirt.
>> Otherwise why the ribbon..
>>

> I've had borscht. Ick.
> I'll take your word for the speculation on what my pickled boiled dirt
> chunks must taste like.

Obviously someone is suffering from a mild (cough, cough) case of prejudice
towards beets.
I hear that UM Crookston has a special program to help the poor souls
suffering from "Beet Aversion"
Naturally the program is named BAT for Beet Aversion Therapy...
:-)

Posted to rec.food.preserving,rec.food.cooking,mn.general

In article >,
Bob Molder > wrote:

> On Thu, 25 Aug 2011 21:11:45 -0500, Melba's Jammin'
> > wrote:
>
> >In article >,
> > Melba's Jammin' > wrote:
> >> Fourth Place
> >> Blackberry Jelly
> >> Corn Relish

> ><cough> Actually it's 16 ribbons for 20 entries. I forgot to mark that
> >the Peach Melba Jelly received a second place ribbon, too.

> Actually placing is first/second/third, seems you got a gimmee for the
> Blackberry Jelly & Corn Relish.

I don't know what you mean about "a gimmee." What does that mean?

They award ribbons for first through fourth place in the canning (they
don't hang the pink ribbons; I'll get them when I pick up my goods and
scoresheets). I think they award baking ribbons to five places; I don't
know if they hang the 4th & 5th place ribbons in the displays‹I did not
pay an awful lot of attention to the baking awards this year since my
stuff didn't place.
--
Barb,
http://web.me.com/barbschaller August 24, 2011
Posted to rec.food.preserving,rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"gloria.p" > wrote:

> Barb wrote:
>
> > That makes 16 ribbons for 20 entries. That just tickles me beyond words
> > I've never done that well in 30 years of this stuff.

> Uh oh. Does that mean you have to try harder next year?
>
> Have you ever made marmalade? Orange, tangerine, clementine, lemon or
> grapefruit? Is there a category for it? (Lemon-cherry would be pretty.)
>
> gloria p

Nope. I have a winning recipe for a sweet orange marmalade but it looks
like way more work than interests me. I keep telling I'm a slug.

--
Barb,
http://web.me.com/barbschaller August 24, 2011
Posted to rec.food.preserving,rec.food.cooking,mn.general

On Thu, 25 Aug 2011 10:46:30 -0700 (PDT), spamtrap1888 wrote:

> On Aug 25, 6:21*am, Melba's Jammin' >
> wrote:
>> Blue ribbons: *Yee-hah!!
>> Raspberry Jelly!
>> Blackberry Jam!
>> Apricot Butter!
>> Pickled Beets (that I have never tasted!!!
>> Bread & Butter Pickles !
>> Barbecue Sauce*
>> Tomato Juice !
>>
>> Second Place
>> Mint Jelly
>> Apricot Jam
>> Nectarine Jam
>> Watermelon Rind
>> Stewed Tomatoes
>>
>> Third Place
>> Peach Jam
>>
>> Fourth Place
>> Blackberry Jelly
>> Corn Relish
>>
>> That's placing in 15 of 20 entries -- 75%. *I am thrilled beyond words!!
>>

> Wow!
>
> Without giving your secrets away, what gives you the edge over your
> jam and jelly competitors?
>
> 1) Fruit quality,
> 2) Process technique, or
> 3) Extra ingredients, like spices.

hypnosis.

your pal,
blake

Posted to rec.food.preserving,rec.food.cooking,mn.general

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 26 Aug 2011 07:12:42 -0500, Bob Molder wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 25 Aug 2011 21:11:45 -0500, Melba's Jammin'
>> > wrote:

>>><cough> Actually it's 16 ribbons for 20 entries. I forgot to mark that
>>>the Peach Melba Jelly received a second place ribbon, too.

>> Actually placing is first/second/third, seems you got a gimmee for the
>> Blackberry Jelly & Corn Relish.

> In horse racing, only first and second "place".
>
> -sw

But... but... Melba aint no horse!!

(And she sure isn't cursed with "Catherine Zeta-Jones Muzzleface" neither!)

Posted to rec.food.preserving,rec.food.cooking

"Melba's Jammin'" ha scritto nel messaggio
> "gloria.p" wrote:

>> Have you ever made marmalade? Orange, tangerine, clementine, lemon or
>> grapefruit? Is there a category for it? (Lemon-cherry would be pretty.)
>>
>> gloria p

> Nope. I have a winning recipe for a sweet orange marmalade but it looks
> like way more work than interests me. I keep telling I'm a slug.

It's a different season. Maybe you do different things then.
I was thinking about you and the fair yesterday. I have what is called uva
fragola bianca and it makes superb jelly and pickles. But they are ready
next week and I'd be making it now for next year. Same with my peaches
which come Oct 1 and some of the plums around here that are late ones.

The grape pickles I made last year took 6 months to be ready. That's fine
except I used bail jars with silicone rings and still they seeped juices all
year. I was a slave to those damned pickles. Wash, wash, wash. But there
is nothing in the world just like them and they are fabu with Pecorino
cheese.

Posted to rec.food.preserving,rec.food.cooking,mn.general

In article >,
Melba's Jammin' > wrote:

> http://minnesota.publicradio.org/dis...r-hounds-barb-

schaller/

An excellent interview, and a good photo of you as well.

Cindy

--
C.J. Fuller

Delete the obvious to email me
Posted to rec.food.preserving,rec.food.cooking,mn.general

In article >,
"D.A. Tsenuf" > wrote:

> "Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
> > In article >,
> > "D.A. Tsenuf" > wrote:
> >
> >> I think you need to try some recipes for Borsht, hot and cold
> >> Trust me, good Borsht does NOT taste like dirt.
> >> Neither do properly pickled beets I suspect that your beets are
> >> properly prepared and do NOT taste like dirt.

> >> Otherwise why the ribbon..
> >>

> > I've had borscht. Ick.
> > I'll take your word for the speculation on what my pickled boiled dirt
> > chunks must taste like.
> >

> Obviously someone is suffering from a mild (cough, cough) case of prejudice
> towards beets.

Oh, no, not at all. There's nothing mild about it. I hate the things
and haven't eaten one in more than 55 years. The thought makes me gag.

> I hear that UM Crookston has a special program to help the poor souls
> suffering from "Beet Aversion"
> Naturally the program is named BAT for Beet Aversion Therapy...
> :-)

Save yer money. I'm not convinced.
--
Barb,
http://web.me.com/barbschaller August 24, 2011
Posted to rec.food.preserving,rec.food.cooking,mn.general

In article >,
Cindy Fuller > wrote:

> In article >,
> Melba's Jammin' > wrote:
>
> > http://minnesota.publicradio.org/dis...barb-schaller/

> An excellent interview, and a good photo of you as well.
>
> Cindy

Thanks, Cindy. I was very happy with how it was edited. Two-and-a-half
hours together with her recorder on most of the time. Three minutes
broadcast. Excellent editing, IMNSHO.
--
Barb,
http://web.me.com/barbschaller August 24, 2011

Posted to rec.food.preserving,rec.food.cooking,mn.general
Banned

On Aug 29, 10:03*am, Melba's Jammin' >
wrote:

> Thanks, Cindy. *I was very happy with how it was edited. *Two-and-a-half
> hours together with her recorder on most of the time. *Three minutes
> broadcast. *Excellent editing, IMNSHO.
> --

Wonderful Barb. You deserve it. Great happy picture of you as
well !!
Posted to rec.food.preserving,rec.food.cooking,mn.general

"Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "D.A. Tsenuf" > wrote:
>
>> "Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message

>> > I've had borscht. Ick.
>> > I'll take your word for the speculation on what my pickled boiled dirt
>> > chunks must taste like.
>> >

>> Obviously someone is suffering from a mild (cough, cough) case of
>> prejudice
>> towards beets.

> Oh, no, not at all. There's nothing mild about it. I hate the things
> and haven't eaten one in more than 55 years. The thought makes me gag.
>
>> I hear that UM Crookston has a special program to help the poor souls
>> suffering from "Beet Aversion"
>> Naturally the program is named BAT for Beet Aversion Therapy...
>> :-)

> Save yer money. I'm not convinced.

I have no need for such therapy
I like beets, souped or pickled.

Now ironically, I am averse to most forms of cooked apples
I'll eat it if my survival depends on it.
Otherwise, I'm more than happy to let others indulge in them.

Posted to rec.food.preserving,rec.food.cooking,mn.general

On 8/29/2011 2:18 PM, D.A. Tsenuf wrote:

> "Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
>> In article >,

>>> Obviously someone is suffering from a mild (cough, cough) case of
>>> prejudice
>>> towards beets.

>> Oh, no, not at all. There's nothing mild about it. I hate the things
>> and haven't eaten one in more than 55 years. The thought makes me gag.
>>
>>> I hear that UM Crookston has a special program to help the poor souls
>>> suffering from "Beet Aversion"
>>> Naturally the program is named BAT for Beet Aversion Therapy...
>>> :-)

>> Save yer money. I'm not convinced.
>>

> I have no need for such therapy
> I like beets, souped or pickled.
>
> Now ironically, I am averse to most forms of cooked apples
> I'll eat it if my survival depends on it.
> Otherwise, I'm more than happy to let others indulge in them.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The best pickled beets are
made from freshly boiled beets but very adequate ones result from using
plain old canned or bottled whole beets (*not* sweetened Harvard beets)
and replacing half the liquid with white vinegar. I like to eat them
immediately but they keep quite a while in the fridge. I even like one
or two as a snack.

--

James Silverton, Potomac

I'm *not*
Posted to rec.food.preserving,rec.food.cooking

On 8/28/2011 9:37 PM, Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> In t>,
> "D.A. > wrote:

>> Obviously someone is suffering from a mild (cough, cough) case of prejudice
>> towards beets.

> Oh, no, not at all. There's nothing mild about it. I hate the things
> and haven't eaten one in more than 55 years. The thought makes me gag.
>
>> I hear that UM Crookston has a special program to help the poor souls
>> suffering from "Beet Aversion"
>> Naturally the program is named BAT for Beet Aversion Therapy...
>> :-)

> Save yer money. I'm not convinced.

That's OK, there are enough of the rest if us to take up the slack.
I don't mind hot beets with butter or cold, pickled with thinly sliced
onion. They aren't my favorite vegetable. Carrots and parsnips are
the only roots I really like, but beets are not bad on occasion.
You can have my share of turnip and rutabaga. (Is kohlrabi a root? You
can have that, too.)

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.preserving

On 8/29/2011 6:11 PM, gloria.p wrote:
> On 8/28/2011 9:37 PM, Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>> In t>,
>> "D.A. > wrote:

>>> Obviously someone is suffering from a mild (cough, cough) case of
>>> prejudice
>>> towards beets.

>> Oh, no, not at all. There's nothing mild about it. I hate the things
>> and haven't eaten one in more than 55 years. The thought makes me gag.
>>
>>> I hear that UM Crookston has a special program to help the poor souls
>>> suffering from "Beet Aversion"
>>> Naturally the program is named BAT for Beet Aversion Therapy...
>>> :-)

>> Save yer money. I'm not convinced.

> That's OK, there are enough of the rest if us to take up the slack.
> I don't mind hot beets with butter or cold, pickled with thinly sliced
> onion. They aren't my favorite vegetable. Carrots and parsnips are the
> only roots I really like, but beets are not bad on occasion.
> You can have my share of turnip and rutabaga. (Is kohlrabi a root? You
> can have that, too.)
>
> gloria p

Have you ever tried pickled turnip? Kohlrabi is just an above ground
turnip but sweeter in flavor. We've grown them off and on over the
years. I will eat either pickled or fresh but don't care for them cooked.

Beets are good, cooked, baked, stewed, pickled, eaten raw.
For Barb: BEETS, BEETS, BEAUTIFUL BEETS.

Posted to rec.food.preserving,rec.food.cooking,mn.general

On Thu, 25 Aug 2011 08:21:20 -0500, Melba's Jammin'
> wrote:

>Blue ribbons: *Yee-hah!!
>Raspberry Jelly!
>Blackberry Jam!
>Apricot Butter!
>Pickled Beets (that I have never tasted!!!
>Bread & Butter Pickles !
>Barbecue Sauce*
>Tomato Juice !
>
>Second Place
>Mint Jelly
>Apricot Jam
>Nectarine Jam
>Watermelon Rind
>Stewed Tomatoes
>
>Third Place
>Peach Jam
>
>Fourth Place
>Blackberry Jelly
>Corn Relish
>
>That's placing in 15 of 20 entries -- 75%. *I am thrilled beyond words!!

Congrats, Barb. Another nice haul!

Posted to rec.food.preserving

Wow Barb, that is fantastic!!! You're the queen!!!

I'm still waiting on my results. Only 4 entries though. I'll be
thrilled even if I just place on one of them.

: - ]
Posted to rec.food.preserving

TX State Fair results: Dewberry Jelly, 3rd place ribbon! I only had
time to make four entries - not bad for my first time entering?
Special thanks to: My son, who picked dewberries with me when he was a
boy, my Hun Bun who still picks them with me nearly every year, Bunny,
who picked them with me on Mother's Day weekend 2010--if I could have
chosen a daughter, she'd be it & my two grandsons, 3 & 4 years old,
who told their Mom they like it the best of all the jams/jellies I've
sent for them to try.

Barb is still the Queen, I am but a humble subject.

: - ]
Posted to rec.food.preserving

Mimi wrote:

> TX State Fair results: Dewberry Jelly, 3rd place ribbon! I only had
> time to make four entries - not bad for my first time entering?

congratulations!

> Special thanks to: My son, who picked dewberries with me when he was a
> boy, my Hun Bun who still picks them with me nearly every year, Bunny,
> who picked them with me on Mother's Day weekend 2010--if I could have
> chosen a daughter, she'd be it & my two grandsons, 3 & 4 years old,
> who told their Mom they like it the best of all the jams/jellies I've
> sent for them to try.
>
> Barb is still the Queen, I am but a humble subject.
>
>: - ]

songbird
Posted to rec.food.preserving

On 9/6/2011 6:57 PM, Mimi wrote:
> TX State Fair results: Dewberry Jelly, 3rd place ribbon! I only had
> time to make four entries - not bad for my first time entering?
> Special thanks to: My son, who picked dewberries with me when he was a
> boy, my Hun Bun who still picks them with me nearly every year, Bunny,
> who picked them with me on Mother's Day weekend 2010--if I could have
> chosen a daughter, she'd be it& my two grandsons, 3& 4 years old,
> who told their Mom they like it the best of all the jams/jellies I've
> sent for them to try.
>
> Barb is still the Queen, I am but a humble subject.
>
> : - ]

Ha! I have eaten your dewberry jelly, IMHO it is worth the top prize in
any contest. So there!

Posted to rec.food.preserving,rec.food.cooking,mn.general

In article >,
Scott Smith > wrote:

> On Thu, 25 Aug 2011 08:21:20 -0500, Melba's Jammin'
> > wrote:
>
> >Blue ribbons: *Yee-hah!!
> >Raspberry Jelly!
> >Blackberry Jam!
> >Apricot Butter!
> >Pickled Beets (that I have never tasted!!!
> >Bread & Butter Pickles !
> >Barbecue Sauce*
> >Tomato Juice !
> >
> >Second Place
> >Mint Jelly
> >Apricot Jam
> >Nectarine Jam
> >Watermelon Rind
> >Stewed Tomatoes
> >
> >Third Place
> >Peach Jam
> >
> >Fourth Place
> >Blackberry Jelly
> >Corn Relish
> >
> >That's placing in 15 of 20 entries -- 75%. *I am thrilled beyond words!!

> Congrats, Barb. Another nice haul!

It was, Scott. Thank you. (And I forgot one of the second place
ribbons for Peach Melba Jelly ‹ so it's 16/20, 80%. Best ever for 20
entries. :-) Plus the medallion for being better than the rest of
the canners, and an award from Ball (canning jar people).

--
Barb,
http://web.me.com/barbschaller August 24, 2011
Posted to rec.food.preserving,rec.food.cooking,mn.general

On Thu, 25 Aug 2011 08:21:20 -0500, Melba's Jammin' wrote:

> Blue ribbons: *Yee-hah!!
> Raspberry Jelly!
> Blackberry Jam!
> Apricot Butter!
> Pickled Beets (that I have never tasted!!!
> Bread & Butter Pickles !
> Barbecue Sauce*
> Tomato Juice !
>
> Second Place
> Mint Jelly
> Apricot Jam
> Nectarine Jam
> Watermelon Rind
> Stewed Tomatoes
>
> Third Place
> Peach Jam
>
> Fourth Place
> Blackberry Jelly
> Corn Relish
>
> That's placing in 15 of 20 entries -- 75%. *I am thrilled beyond words!!

Well done Barb! Must be one of your best years yet?

--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy

Posted to rec.food.preserving,rec.food.cooking,mn.general

On Fri, 09 Sep 2011 17:54:28 -0500, Melba's Jammin'
> wrote:

>In article >,
> Scott Smith > wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 25 Aug 2011 08:21:20 -0500, Melba's Jammin'
>> > wrote:
>>
>> >Blue ribbons: *Yee-hah!!
>> >Raspberry Jelly!
>> >Blackberry Jam!
>> >Apricot Butter!
>> >Pickled Beets (that I have never tasted!!!
>> >Bread & Butter Pickles !
>> >Barbecue Sauce*
>> >Tomato Juice !
>> >
>> >Second Place
>> >Mint Jelly
>> >Apricot Jam
>> >Nectarine Jam
>> >Watermelon Rind
>> >Stewed Tomatoes
>> >
>> >Third Place
>> >Peach Jam
>> >
>> >Fourth Place
>> >Blackberry Jelly
>> >Corn Relish
>> >
>> >That's placing in 15 of 20 entries -- 75%. *I am thrilled beyond words!!

>> Congrats, Barb. Another nice haul!

>It was, Scott. Thank you. (And I forgot one of the second place
>ribbons for Peach Melba Jelly ‹ so it's 16/20, 80%. Best ever for 20
>entries. :-) Plus the medallion for being better than the rest of
>the canners, and an award from Ball (canning jar people).

Have you won the medallion before? That's quite an award!

The peach and apricot jams, jellies and butters sound fantastic. I am
very partial to those fruits.

You should start selling your stuff online.

Posted to rec.food.preserving,rec.food.cooking,mn.general

ChattyCathy wrote:
>Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>
>> Blue ribbons: *Yee-hah!!
>> Raspberry Jelly!
>> Blackberry Jam!
>> Apricot Butter!
>> Pickled Beets (that I have never tasted!!!
>> Bread & Butter Pickles !
>> Barbecue Sauce*
>> Tomato Juice !
>>
>> Second Place
>> Mint Jelly
>> Apricot Jam
>> Nectarine Jam
>> Watermelon Rind
>> Stewed Tomatoes
>>
>> Third Place
>> Peach Jam
>>
>> Fourth Place
>> Blackberry Jelly
>> Corn Relish
>>
>> That's placing in 15 of 20 entries -- 75%. *I am thrilled beyond words!!

>Well done Barb! Must be one of your best years yet?

That was from last year... where have you been?
Posted to rec.food.preserving,rec.food.cooking,mn.general

On Mon, 12 Sep 2011 15:06:08 -0400, Brooklyn1 wrote:

> ChattyCathy wrote:
>>Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>>
>>> Blue ribbons: *Yee-hah!!

>>Well done Barb! Must be one of your best years yet?

> That was from last year... where have you been?

Taking my DeLorean through the car-wash.

--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy

Posted to rec.food.preserving

In article
Mimi > wrote:

> TX State Fair results: Dewberry Jelly, 3rd place ribbon! I only had
> time to make four entries - not bad for my first time entering?
> Special thanks to: My son, who picked dewberries with me when he was a
> boy, my Hun Bun who still picks them with me nearly every year, Bunny,
> who picked them with me on Mother's Day weekend 2010--if I could have
> chosen a daughter, she'd be it & my two grandsons, 3 & 4 years old,
> who told their Mom they like it the best of all the jams/jellies I've
> sent for them to try.
>
> Barb is still the Queen, I am but a humble subject.
>
> : - ]

Congratulations, Mimi. Does the Texas State Fair get a lot of canning
entries?

You done good ‹ and there's nothing like success to encourage a person.

--
Barb,
http://web.me.com/barbschaller September 5, 2011