Posted to rec.food.preserving

Default Speaking of Crabapple Jelly

I found a package of crabapple juice in my freezer, already measured for
half a batch of jelly, even! :-) Fortuitous, eh?

I made half a batch, using half a package of pectin‹yeah, yeah, I know;
crabapples have plenty of pectin on their own and I could have made it
without adding pectin‹sosumi. I had my reasons. Anyway, this stuff
was starting to set while it was in my pouring pitcher. Seriously.

I mumbled (hah!!) about being able to get a couple "good" jars from the
batch and was quite disheartened when I pulled them from the bwb and saw
lots of tiny bubbles suspended in the jelly. Dang! Scratch that from
my list of entries!

Guess what! Probably 95% of those leetle bubbles moved up to the top
and disappeared while the jars were cooling. Whee! What a happy ending
to a dance that was off the beat. And it smells so good, too‹like
apples. :-)
--
Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
Holy Order of the Sacred Sisters of
Posted to rec.food.preserving

On 8/12/2010 10:01 PM, Wyandotte wrote:
> Geeze, you do get excited over jamming! Me, too. When I hear the
> lined-up little jars of jam or jelly go "Click!" as they seal, I think
> I've died and gone to heaven. There is no more satisfying sound.

How about your first child's first giggle or laugh?
Posted to rec.food.preserving

https://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Crabapple time zxcvbob Preserving 4 03-09-2014 01:11 AM
Crabapple jelly. [email protected] Preserving 2 17-08-2009 06:06 PM
Crabapple Puzzle A. J. Rawls Winemaking 1 31-10-2005 10:55 PM
Crabapple juice II (very long) zxcvbob Preserving 22 09-09-2004 03:28 PM
crabapple wine sweetening Simtrade Winemaking 0 20-08-2004 10:09 PM