zxcvbob

Default Pear and Tart Apple Jam

I haven't tried this, but it looks interesting:

PEAR AND TART APPLE JAM
(Kerr home canning book, 1971)

4 cups diced pears
4 cups diced tart apples [I would use large unripe apples if possible]
3 Tbsp. lemon juice
5 cups sugar
Grated rind of 1 lemon

Peel and dice fruit. Mix all ingredients thoroughly. Boil about 20
minutes. Take from heat and allow to stand for 10 minutes to plump.
Bring back to boil and boil, stirring frequently until mixture is thick
and clear (about 10 minutes.) Pour into sterilized KERR jars and seal
while hot. [process in boiling water bath for 10 minutes, 15 minutes
for quarts]
George Shirley

zxcvbob wrote:
> I haven't tried this, but it looks interesting:
>
> PEAR AND TART APPLE JAM
> (Kerr home canning book, 1971)
>
> 4 cups diced pears
> 4 cups diced tart apples [I would use large unripe apples if possible]
> 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
> 5 cups sugar
> Grated rind of 1 lemon
>
> Peel and dice fruit. Mix all ingredients thoroughly. Boil about 20
> minutes. Take from heat and allow to stand for 10 minutes to plump.
> Bring back to boil and boil, stirring frequently until mixture is thick
> and clear (about 10 minutes.) Pour into sterilized KERR jars and seal
> while hot. [process in boiling water bath for 10 minutes, 15 minutes
> for quarts]

Do tart apples stand around on street corners in short dresses and carry
a purse with a long strap? curious minds you know. <VBG>

George

zxcvbob

George Shirley wrote:

> zxcvbob wrote:
>
>> I haven't tried this, but it looks interesting:
>>
>> PEAR AND TART APPLE JAM
>> (Kerr home canning book, 1971)
>>
>> 4 cups diced pears
>> 4 cups diced tart apples [I would use large unripe apples if possible]
>> 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
>> 5 cups sugar
>> Grated rind of 1 lemon
>>
>> Peel and dice fruit. Mix all ingredients thoroughly. Boil about 20
>> minutes. Take from heat and allow to stand for 10 minutes to plump.
>> Bring back to boil and boil, stirring frequently until mixture is
>> thick and clear (about 10 minutes.) Pour into sterilized KERR jars
>> and seal while hot. [process in boiling water bath for 10 minutes, 15
>> minutes for quarts]

> Do tart apples stand around on street corners in short dresses and carry
> a purse with a long strap? curious minds you know. <VBG>
>
> George

I thought those were floozy apples. (I never understood the long strap
part)

Bob
zxcvbob

George Shirley wrote:

> zxcvbob wrote:
>
>> I haven't tried this, but it looks interesting:
>>
>> PEAR AND TART APPLE JAM
>> (Kerr home canning book, 1971)
>>
>> 4 cups diced pears
>> 4 cups diced tart apples [I would use large unripe apples if possible]
>> 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
>> 5 cups sugar
>> Grated rind of 1 lemon
>>
>> Peel and dice fruit. Mix all ingredients thoroughly. Boil about 20
>> minutes. Take from heat and allow to stand for 10 minutes to plump.
>> Bring back to boil and boil, stirring frequently until mixture is
>> thick and clear (about 10 minutes.) Pour into sterilized KERR jars
>> and seal while hot. [process in boiling water bath for 10 minutes, 15
>> minutes for quarts]

> Do tart apples stand around on street corners in short dresses and carry
> a purse with a long strap? curious minds you know. <VBG>
>
> George

I thought those were floozy apples. (I never understood the long strap
part)

Bob
William R. Watt

I was going to mention it's getting a bit late in the season for big
unripe tart apples even up here in Ottawa, and not because street corners
will be turning cold all too soon.

zxcvbob
) writes: > George Shirley wrote:

>> zxcvbob wrote:
>>
>>> I haven't tried this, but it looks interesting:
>>>
>>> PEAR AND TART APPLE JAM
>>> (Kerr home canning book, 1971)
>>>
>>> 4 cups diced pears
>>> 4 cups diced tart apples [I would use large unripe apples if possible]
>>> 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
>>> 5 cups sugar
>>> Grated rind of 1 lemon
>>>
>>> Peel and dice fruit. Mix all ingredients thoroughly. Boil about 20
>>> minutes. Take from heat and allow to stand for 10 minutes to plump.
>>> Bring back to boil and boil, stirring frequently until mixture is
>>> thick and clear (about 10 minutes.) Pour into sterilized KERR jars
>>> and seal while hot. [process in boiling water bath for 10 minutes, 15
>>> minutes for quarts]

>> Do tart apples stand around on street corners in short dresses and carry
>> a purse with a long strap? curious minds you know. <VBG>
>>
>> George
>>

> I thought those were floozy apples. (I never understood the long strap
> part)
>
> Bob

homepage: www.ncf.ca/~ag384/top.htm

William R. Watt

I was going to mention it's getting a bit late in the season for big
unripe tart apples even up here in Ottawa, and not because street corners
will be turning cold all too soon.

zxcvbob
) writes: > George Shirley wrote:

>> zxcvbob wrote:
>>
>>> I haven't tried this, but it looks interesting:
>>>
>>> PEAR AND TART APPLE JAM
>>> (Kerr home canning book, 1971)
>>>
>>> 4 cups diced pears
>>> 4 cups diced tart apples [I would use large unripe apples if possible]
>>> 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
>>> 5 cups sugar
>>> Grated rind of 1 lemon
>>>
>>> Peel and dice fruit. Mix all ingredients thoroughly. Boil about 20
>>> minutes. Take from heat and allow to stand for 10 minutes to plump.
>>> Bring back to boil and boil, stirring frequently until mixture is
>>> thick and clear (about 10 minutes.) Pour into sterilized KERR jars
>>> and seal while hot. [process in boiling water bath for 10 minutes, 15
>>> minutes for quarts]

>> Do tart apples stand around on street corners in short dresses and carry
>> a purse with a long strap? curious minds you know. <VBG>
>>
>> George
>>

> I thought those were floozy apples. (I never understood the long strap
> part)
>
> Bob

homepage: www.ncf.ca/~ag384/top.htm
William R. Watt

I was going to mention it's getting a bit late in the season for big
unripe tart apples even up here in Ottawa, and not because street corners
will be turning cold all too soon.

zxcvbob
) writes: > George Shirley wrote:

>> zxcvbob wrote:
>>
>>> I haven't tried this, but it looks interesting:
>>>
>>> PEAR AND TART APPLE JAM
>>> (Kerr home canning book, 1971)
>>>
>>> 4 cups diced pears
>>> 4 cups diced tart apples [I would use large unripe apples if possible]
>>> 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
>>> 5 cups sugar
>>> Grated rind of 1 lemon
>>>
>>> Peel and dice fruit. Mix all ingredients thoroughly. Boil about 20
>>> minutes. Take from heat and allow to stand for 10 minutes to plump.
>>> Bring back to boil and boil, stirring frequently until mixture is
>>> thick and clear (about 10 minutes.) Pour into sterilized KERR jars
>>> and seal while hot. [process in boiling water bath for 10 minutes, 15
>>> minutes for quarts]

>> Do tart apples stand around on street corners in short dresses and carry
>> a purse with a long strap? curious minds you know. <VBG>
>>
>> George
>>

> I thought those were floozy apples. (I never understood the long strap
> part)
>
> Bob

homepage: www.ncf.ca/~ag384/top.htm

Pear season tart notbob General Cooking 9 29-01-2015 11:14 PM
Apple and Jam Tart Janet General Cooking 2 03-05-2012 12:56 PM
Pear Apricot Tart koko General Cooking 29 12-11-2010 04:39 PM
Apple tart David Hare-Scott Baking 4 05-12-2005 02:20 AM
Caramelized Pear Tart Oh Deer Recipes (moderated) 0 22-11-2005 03:12 AM