Elizabeth Naime

Default Pickled Eggs - suggestions wanted

I have access to farm-fresh BANTAM eggs, at least until the laying
season is over! Also full-sized brown eggs, but those I just fry.. or
scramble... or otherwise just eat.

I was thinking the little eggs would make a really attractive egg
pickle. However, I've never made my own. I think my Dad's pickled eggs
were not storage-safe, as they lived in the fridge (and used beets). And
he's no longer available for recipe consultation, in any case.

I've seen recipes for BWB processed pickled eggs and other "store at
room temperature indefinitely" eggs pickles. Is this safe? I think any
vinegar-pickle brine (like Dilly Beans) would be safe in itself, but can
pickling brines permeate whole boiled eggs well enough to be safe?

If so, what's your favorite recipe? I'm going to try for several dozen
bantam eggs, so I can do more than one recipe (esp. more than one recipe
based on the same brine, with different spices and w/ or w/o beets in
the jar). Oh, and these eggs will be good and fresh and I'll ask but are
probably NOT guaranteed infertile. These are good traits in a breakfast
egg, but are there any special considerations in pickling them?
Only know that there is no spork.