Melba's Jammin'

Default My State Fair Stuff -- Just Got Better !

I just found out today that I've been awarded the coveted and highly
sought "Prestigious Processor of the Pantry" medallion. Go ahead, laugh
at the name -- I think it's fairly dippy myself -- but I can't tell you
how exciting it is. I've just put a couple pictures on my webpage,
along with the story.I so 'cited! This afternoon I went to the
Fairgrounds to appear on the 6:00 p.m. news as a ribbon winner for the
Gedney folks. Before heading to the television site, I went to the
Creative Activities building with the hope of taking better pictures of
my stuff than those I took on Thursday. I noticed that they'd changed
one of the exhibit cases -- the one that had all the big Gedney placards
listing the various winners of special Gedney prizes.

Then I saw two more awards in that case -- the ones for Best Canner and
Best Baker, essentially. The award for canning is called "Prestigious
Processor of the Pantry" and the baking award is for the "Supreme Baker
of the Kitchen." Goofy, to be sure, but big stuff! The prize consists of
a certificate of recognition and a medallion and is given to the canner
or baker with the most number of points earned based on winning entries:
5 points for first place, 4 for second, on down to 1 point for a 5th
place award.

Well, holy moley! You can't imagine how stunned I was to see my name
designated as the Prestigious Processor of the Pantry! Tres cool!
Eleven of my 14 ribbons were for first or second place, but I never gave
it a thought!

The best part is that the medallion is really cool -- it depicts a jar
of strawberry jam with a blue ribbon on it, bearing the year 2004.
Coincidentally, one of my blue ribbons was for Strawberry Jam.

The Creative Activities superintendent let me borrow the medallion to
wear for the newscast. Pretty slick.

OK, I think about done with Fair posts for this year. Thanks for your
indulgence.
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> An update on 8/22/04; check the Fairs Fare tab.

Bob (this one)

Melba's Jammin' wrote:

> I just found out today that I've been awarded the coveted and highly
> sought "Prestigious Processor of the Pantry" medallion.

All of us back hear in the boonies are right pleased that you exscaped
to the bigg sitty and hav sexeeded in doing something with yer can.

<signed>

The gang back on the form where the corn is as high as a heffalump's
thigh.

> Go ahead, laugh

ha ha ha

Now back to work...

The whole gang

> at the name -- I think it's fairly dippy myself -- but I can't tell you
> how exciting it is. I've just put a couple pictures on my webpage,
> along with the story.I so 'cited! This afternoon I went to the
> Fairgrounds to appear on the 6:00 p.m. news as a ribbon winner for the
> Gedney folks. Before heading to the television site, I went to the
> Creative Activities building with the hope of taking better pictures of
> my stuff than those I took on Thursday. I noticed that they'd changed
> one of the exhibit cases -- the one that had all the big Gedney placards
> listing the various winners of special Gedney prizes.
>
> Then I saw two more awards in that case -- the ones for Best Canner and
> Best Baker, essentially. The award for canning is called "Prestigious
> Processor of the Pantry" and the baking award is for the "Supreme Baker
> of the Kitchen." Goofy, to be sure, but big stuff! The prize consists of
> a certificate of recognition and a medallion and is given to the canner
> or baker with the most number of points earned based on winning entries:
> 5 points for first place, 4 for second, on down to 1 point for a 5th
> place award.
>
> Well, holy moley! You can't imagine how stunned I was to see my name
> designated as the Prestigious Processor of the Pantry! Tres cool!
> Eleven of my 14 ribbons were for first or second place, but I never gave
> it a thought!
>
> The best part is that the medallion is really cool -- it depicts a jar
> of strawberry jam with a blue ribbon on it, bearing the year 2004.
> Coincidentally, one of my blue ribbons was for Strawberry Jam.
>
> The Creative Activities superintendent let me borrow the medallion to
> wear for the newscast. Pretty slick.
>
> OK, I think about done with Fair posts for this year. Thanks for your
> indulgence.

Bob (this one)

Melba's Jammin' wrote:

> I just found out today that I've been awarded the coveted and highly
> sought "Prestigious Processor of the Pantry" medallion.

All of us back hear in the boonies are right pleased that you exscaped
to the bigg sitty and hav sexeeded in doing something with yer can.

<signed>

The gang back on the form where the corn is as high as a heffalump's
thigh.

> Go ahead, laugh

ha ha ha

Now back to work...

The whole gang

> at the name -- I think it's fairly dippy myself -- but I can't tell you
> how exciting it is. I've just put a couple pictures on my webpage,
> along with the story.I so 'cited! This afternoon I went to the
> Fairgrounds to appear on the 6:00 p.m. news as a ribbon winner for the
> Gedney folks. Before heading to the television site, I went to the
> Creative Activities building with the hope of taking better pictures of
> my stuff than those I took on Thursday. I noticed that they'd changed
> one of the exhibit cases -- the one that had all the big Gedney placards
> listing the various winners of special Gedney prizes.
>
> Then I saw two more awards in that case -- the ones for Best Canner and
> Best Baker, essentially. The award for canning is called "Prestigious
> Processor of the Pantry" and the baking award is for the "Supreme Baker
> of the Kitchen." Goofy, to be sure, but big stuff! The prize consists of
> a certificate of recognition and a medallion and is given to the canner
> or baker with the most number of points earned based on winning entries:
> 5 points for first place, 4 for second, on down to 1 point for a 5th
> place award.
>
> Well, holy moley! You can't imagine how stunned I was to see my name
> designated as the Prestigious Processor of the Pantry! Tres cool!
> Eleven of my 14 ribbons were for first or second place, but I never gave
> it a thought!
>
> The best part is that the medallion is really cool -- it depicts a jar
> of strawberry jam with a blue ribbon on it, bearing the year 2004.
> Coincidentally, one of my blue ribbons was for Strawberry Jam.
>
> The Creative Activities superintendent let me borrow the medallion to
> wear for the newscast. Pretty slick.
>
> OK, I think about done with Fair posts for this year. Thanks for your
> indulgence.

zxcvbob

Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> I just found out today that I've been awarded the coveted and highly
> sought "Prestigious Processor of the Pantry" medallion. Go ahead, laugh
> at the name -- I think it's fairly dippy myself -- but I can't tell you
> how exciting it is. I've just put a couple pictures on my webpage,
> along with the story.I so 'cited! This afternoon I went to the
> Fairgrounds to appear on the 6:00 p.m. news as a ribbon winner for the
> Gedney folks. Before heading to the television site, I went to the
> Creative Activities building with the hope of taking better pictures of
> my stuff than those I took on Thursday. I noticed that they'd changed
> one of the exhibit cases -- the one that had all the big Gedney placards
> listing the various winners of special Gedney prizes.
>
> Then I saw two more awards in that case -- the ones for Best Canner and
> Best Baker, essentially. The award for canning is called "Prestigious
> Processor of the Pantry" and the baking award is for the "Supreme Baker
> of the Kitchen." Goofy, to be sure, but big stuff! The prize consists of
> a certificate of recognition and a medallion and is given to the canner
> or baker with the most number of points earned based on winning entries:
> 5 points for first place, 4 for second, on down to 1 point for a 5th
> place award.
>
> Well, holy moley! You can't imagine how stunned I was to see my name
> designated as the Prestigious Processor of the Pantry! Tres cool!
> Eleven of my 14 ribbons were for first or second place, but I never gave
> it a thought!
>
> The best part is that the medallion is really cool -- it depicts a jar
> of strawberry jam with a blue ribbon on it, bearing the year 2004.
> Coincidentally, one of my blue ribbons was for Strawberry Jam.
>
> The Creative Activities superintendent let me borrow the medallion to
> wear for the newscast. Pretty slick.
>
> OK, I think about done with Fair posts for this year. Thanks for your
> indulgence.

I been waiting for you to find out about the medal before I
congratulated you for all those ribbons. ;-) Nice job.

Now I'm even more intimidated about competing in the MN State Fair.

Best regards,
Bob
zxcvbob

Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> I just found out today that I've been awarded the coveted and highly
> sought "Prestigious Processor of the Pantry" medallion. Go ahead, laugh
> at the name -- I think it's fairly dippy myself -- but I can't tell you
> how exciting it is. I've just put a couple pictures on my webpage,
> along with the story.I so 'cited! This afternoon I went to the
> Fairgrounds to appear on the 6:00 p.m. news as a ribbon winner for the
> Gedney folks. Before heading to the television site, I went to the
> Creative Activities building with the hope of taking better pictures of
> my stuff than those I took on Thursday. I noticed that they'd changed
> one of the exhibit cases -- the one that had all the big Gedney placards
> listing the various winners of special Gedney prizes.
>
> Then I saw two more awards in that case -- the ones for Best Canner and
> Best Baker, essentially. The award for canning is called "Prestigious
> Processor of the Pantry" and the baking award is for the "Supreme Baker
> of the Kitchen." Goofy, to be sure, but big stuff! The prize consists of
> a certificate of recognition and a medallion and is given to the canner
> or baker with the most number of points earned based on winning entries:
> 5 points for first place, 4 for second, on down to 1 point for a 5th
> place award.
>
> Well, holy moley! You can't imagine how stunned I was to see my name
> designated as the Prestigious Processor of the Pantry! Tres cool!
> Eleven of my 14 ribbons were for first or second place, but I never gave
> it a thought!
>
> The best part is that the medallion is really cool -- it depicts a jar
> of strawberry jam with a blue ribbon on it, bearing the year 2004.
> Coincidentally, one of my blue ribbons was for Strawberry Jam.
>
> The Creative Activities superintendent let me borrow the medallion to
> wear for the newscast. Pretty slick.
>
> OK, I think about done with Fair posts for this year. Thanks for your
> indulgence.

I been waiting for you to find out about the medal before I
congratulated you for all those ribbons. ;-) Nice job.

Now I'm even more intimidated about competing in the MN State Fair.

Best regards,
Bob

K. Reece

"Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
> I just found out today that I've been awarded the coveted and highly
> sought "Prestigious Processor of the Pantry" medallion. > OK, I think

about done with Fair posts for this year. Thanks for your
> indulgence.
> --
> -Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> An update on 8/22/04; check the Fairs Fare

tab.

Well ain't that just cool!! Congrats!!

Kathy

K. Reece

"Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
> I just found out today that I've been awarded the coveted and highly
> sought "Prestigious Processor of the Pantry" medallion. > OK, I think

about done with Fair posts for this year. Thanks for your
> indulgence.
> --
> -Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> An update on 8/22/04; check the Fairs Fare

tab.

Well ain't that just cool!! Congrats!!

Kathy

Melba's Jammin'

In article >, "K. Reece" >
wrote:

> "Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
> > I just found out today that I've been awarded the coveted and
> > highly sought "Prestigious Processor of the Pantry" medallion. >

> Well ain't that just cool!! Congrats!!
> Kathy

Thanks, Kathy. I put a picture of the medallion on my website - check
the Fairs Fare tab. :-)
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> An update on 8/22/04; check the Fairs Fare tab.

Melba's Jammin'

In article >, zxcvbob
> wrote:

> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> > I just found out today that I've been awarded the coveted and
> > highly sought "Prestigious Processor of the Pantry" medallion. Go
> > ahead, laugh at the name -- I think it's fairly dippy myself -- but
> > I can't tell you

(snip)
> I been waiting for you to find out about the medal before I
> congratulated you for all those ribbons. ;-) Nice job.

Thanks. I had no clue!

> Now I'm even more intimidated about competing in the MN State Fair.

Heh! C'mon, join the party!
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> An update on 8/22/04; check the Fairs Fare tab.

Melba's Jammin'

In article >, zxcvbob
> wrote:

> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> > I just found out today that I've been awarded the coveted and
> > highly sought "Prestigious Processor of the Pantry" medallion. Go
> > ahead, laugh at the name -- I think it's fairly dippy myself -- but
> > I can't tell you

(snip)
> I been waiting for you to find out about the medal before I
> congratulated you for all those ribbons. ;-) Nice job.

Thanks. I had no clue!

> Now I'm even more intimidated about competing in the MN State Fair.

Heh! C'mon, join the party!
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> An update on 8/22/04; check the Fairs Fare tab.

George Shirley

zxcvbob wrote:
> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>
>> I just found out today that I've been awarded the coveted and highly
>> sought "Prestigious Processor of the Pantry" medallion. Go ahead,
>> laugh at the name -- I think it's fairly dippy myself -- but I can't
>> tell you how exciting it is. I've just put a couple pictures on my
>> webpage, along with the story.I so 'cited! This afternoon I went to
>> the Fairgrounds to appear on the 6:00 p.m. news as a ribbon winner for
>> the Gedney folks. Before heading to the television site, I went to the
>> Creative Activities building with the hope of taking better pictures
>> of my stuff than those I took on Thursday. I noticed that they'd
>> changed one of the exhibit cases -- the one that had all the big
>> Gedney placards listing the various winners of special Gedney prizes.
>> Then I saw two more awards in that case -- the ones for Best Canner
>> and Best Baker, essentially. The award for canning is called
>> "Prestigious Processor of the Pantry" and the baking award is for the
>> "Supreme Baker of the Kitchen." Goofy, to be sure, but big stuff! The
>> prize consists of a certificate of recognition and a medallion and is
>> given to the canner or baker with the most number of points earned
>> based on winning entries: 5 points for first place, 4 for second, on
>> down to 1 point for a 5th place award.
>> Well, holy moley! You can't imagine how stunned I was to see my name
>> designated as the Prestigious Processor of the Pantry! Tres cool!
>> Eleven of my 14 ribbons were for first or second place, but I never
>> gave it a thought!
>> The best part is that the medallion is really cool -- it depicts a jar
>> of strawberry jam with a blue ribbon on it, bearing the year 2004.
>> Coincidentally, one of my blue ribbons was for Strawberry Jam.
>> The Creative Activities superintendent let me borrow the medallion to
>> wear for the newscast. Pretty slick.
>> OK, I think about done with Fair posts for this year. Thanks for your
>> indulgence.

> I been waiting for you to find out about the medal before I
> congratulated you for all those ribbons. ;-) Nice job.
>
> Now I'm even more intimidated about competing in the MN State Fair.
>
> Best regards,
> Bob

Oh boy! Me too, plus the trip from Louisiana to Southern Canada is so
long. Really proud of the Mudder Superior though.

George, Father Inquisitor of the Order of St. Pecta of Jella

George Shirley

zxcvbob wrote:
> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>
>> I just found out today that I've been awarded the coveted and highly
>> sought "Prestigious Processor of the Pantry" medallion. Go ahead,
>> laugh at the name -- I think it's fairly dippy myself -- but I can't
>> tell you how exciting it is. I've just put a couple pictures on my
>> webpage, along with the story.I so 'cited! This afternoon I went to
>> the Fairgrounds to appear on the 6:00 p.m. news as a ribbon winner for
>> the Gedney folks. Before heading to the television site, I went to the
>> Creative Activities building with the hope of taking better pictures
>> of my stuff than those I took on Thursday. I noticed that they'd
>> changed one of the exhibit cases -- the one that had all the big
>> Gedney placards listing the various winners of special Gedney prizes.
>> Then I saw two more awards in that case -- the ones for Best Canner
>> and Best Baker, essentially. The award for canning is called
>> "Prestigious Processor of the Pantry" and the baking award is for the
>> "Supreme Baker of the Kitchen." Goofy, to be sure, but big stuff! The
>> prize consists of a certificate of recognition and a medallion and is
>> given to the canner or baker with the most number of points earned
>> based on winning entries: 5 points for first place, 4 for second, on
>> down to 1 point for a 5th place award.
>> Well, holy moley! You can't imagine how stunned I was to see my name
>> designated as the Prestigious Processor of the Pantry! Tres cool!
>> Eleven of my 14 ribbons were for first or second place, but I never
>> gave it a thought!
>> The best part is that the medallion is really cool -- it depicts a jar
>> of strawberry jam with a blue ribbon on it, bearing the year 2004.
>> Coincidentally, one of my blue ribbons was for Strawberry Jam.
>> The Creative Activities superintendent let me borrow the medallion to
>> wear for the newscast. Pretty slick.
>> OK, I think about done with Fair posts for this year. Thanks for your
>> indulgence.

> I been waiting for you to find out about the medal before I
> congratulated you for all those ribbons. ;-) Nice job.
>
> Now I'm even more intimidated about competing in the MN State Fair.
>
> Best regards,
> Bob

Oh boy! Me too, plus the trip from Louisiana to Southern Canada is so
long. Really proud of the Mudder Superior though.

George, Father Inquisitor of the Order of St. Pecta of Jella

Ross Reid

Melba's Jammin' > wrote:

>I just found out today that I've been awarded the coveted and highly
>sought "Prestigious Processor of the Pantry" medallion.

Snipped the story of a well deserved award.

Way to go, Your PPPness!

Ross.

To email, remove the obvious from my address.
Ross Reid

Melba's Jammin' > wrote:

>I just found out today that I've been awarded the coveted and highly
>sought "Prestigious Processor of the Pantry" medallion.

Snipped the story of a well deserved award.

Way to go, Your PPPness!

Ross.

To email, remove the obvious from my address.
Anny Middon

"Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
> I just found out today that I've been awarded the coveted and highly
> sought "Prestigious Processor of the Pantry" medallion.

Congratulations! That is just too cool for words!!!

Now you've *got* to teach a canning course. Does your local community
college have culinary courses? The course description will include: "Ms.
Schaller has received numerous awards for her canning ability, including the
coveted Prestigious Processor of the Pantry medallion."

Also, have you ever thought about doing a book? I know there are several
canning cookbooks out there, and I suspect that writing one would not be
terribly lucrative, but you've got the credntials to market yourself to a
publisher and it could be a fun project.

Anyway, congratulations again!

Anny

Anny Middon

"Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
> I just found out today that I've been awarded the coveted and highly
> sought "Prestigious Processor of the Pantry" medallion.

Congratulations! That is just too cool for words!!!

Now you've *got* to teach a canning course. Does your local community
college have culinary courses? The course description will include: "Ms.
Schaller has received numerous awards for her canning ability, including the
coveted Prestigious Processor of the Pantry medallion."

Also, have you ever thought about doing a book? I know there are several
canning cookbooks out there, and I suspect that writing one would not be
terribly lucrative, but you've got the credntials to market yourself to a
publisher and it could be a fun project.

Anyway, congratulations again!

Anny

William R. Watt

Melba's Jammin' ) writes:
> I just found out today that I've been awarded the coveted and highly
> sought "Prestigious Processor of the Pantry" medallion. Go ahead, laugh
> at the name -- I think it's fairly dippy myself -- but I can't tell you
> how exciting it is. I've just put a couple pictures on my webpage,
> along with the story.I so 'cited! This afternoon I went to the
> Fairgrounds to appear on the 6:00 p.m. news as a ribbon winner for the
> Gedney folks. Before heading to the television site, I went to the
> Creative Activities building with the hope of taking better pictures of
> my stuff than those I took on Thursday. I noticed that they'd changed
> one of the exhibit cases -- the one that had all the big Gedney placards
> listing the various winners of special Gedney prizes.

I'd treat this with great caution. Looks like you're being primed to to
serve as a judge. I wouldn't answer the 'phone or open any mail for a
while.

homepage: www.ncf.ca/~ag384/top.htm
William R. Watt

Melba's Jammin' ) writes:
> I just found out today that I've been awarded the coveted and highly
> sought "Prestigious Processor of the Pantry" medallion. Go ahead, laugh
> at the name -- I think it's fairly dippy myself -- but I can't tell you
> how exciting it is. I've just put a couple pictures on my webpage,
> along with the story.I so 'cited! This afternoon I went to the
> Fairgrounds to appear on the 6:00 p.m. news as a ribbon winner for the
> Gedney folks. Before heading to the television site, I went to the
> Creative Activities building with the hope of taking better pictures of
> my stuff than those I took on Thursday. I noticed that they'd changed
> one of the exhibit cases -- the one that had all the big Gedney placards
> listing the various winners of special Gedney prizes.

I'd treat this with great caution. Looks like you're being primed to to
serve as a judge. I wouldn't answer the 'phone or open any mail for a
while.

homepage: www.ncf.ca/~ag384/top.htm
zxcvbob

William R. Watt wrote:

> I'd treat this with great caution. Looks like you're being primed to to
> serve as a judge. I wouldn't answer the 'phone or open any mail for a
> while.

That's a scary thought! ==(8-0
At least we don't have the death penalty in Minnesota...

Best regards,
Bob
zxcvbob

William R. Watt wrote:

> I'd treat this with great caution. Looks like you're being primed to to
> serve as a judge. I wouldn't answer the 'phone or open any mail for a
> while.

That's a scary thought! ==(8-0
At least we don't have the death penalty in Minnesota...

Best regards,
Bob

Brian Mailman

Melba's Jammin' wrote:

(snip)

Kewlness. Other than the products themselves, must be nice to see
recognition of all your hard work!

B/

Nyssa

Melba's Jammin' wrote:

> I just found out today that I've been awarded the coveted and highly
> sought "Prestigious Processor of the Pantry" medallion. Go ahead, laugh

Many congratulations!

I'm soooo jealous! I don't even have a county fair
to enter and I really miss the fun of it all.

Consider yourself crowned Canning Queen of 2004 in rfp!

Nyssa, turning greener by the minute
Nyssa

Melba's Jammin' wrote:

> I just found out today that I've been awarded the coveted and highly
> sought "Prestigious Processor of the Pantry" medallion. Go ahead, laugh

Many congratulations!

I'm soooo jealous! I don't even have a county fair
to enter and I really miss the fun of it all.

Consider yourself crowned Canning Queen of 2004 in rfp!

Nyssa, turning greener by the minute
UGAK9

"Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
> I just found out today that I've been awarded the coveted and highly
> sought "Prestigious Processor of the Pantry" medallion. Go ahead, laugh
> at the name -- I think it's fairly dippy myself -- but I can't tell you
> how exciting it is. I've just put a couple pictures on my webpage,
> along with the story.I so 'cited! This afternoon I went to the
> Fairgrounds to appear on the 6:00 p.m. news as a ribbon winner for the
> Gedney folks. Before heading to the television site, I went to the
> Creative Activities building with the hope of taking better pictures of
> my stuff than those I took on Thursday. I noticed that they'd changed
> one of the exhibit cases -- the one that had all the big Gedney placards
> listing the various winners of special Gedney prizes.
>
> Then I saw two more awards in that case -- the ones for Best Canner and
> Best Baker, essentially. The award for canning is called "Prestigious
> Processor of the Pantry" and the baking award is for the "Supreme Baker
> of the Kitchen." Goofy, to be sure, but big stuff! The prize consists of
> a certificate of recognition and a medallion and is given to the canner
> or baker with the most number of points earned based on winning entries:
> 5 points for first place, 4 for second, on down to 1 point for a 5th
> place award.
>
> Well, holy moley! You can't imagine how stunned I was to see my name
> designated as the Prestigious Processor of the Pantry! Tres cool!
> Eleven of my 14 ribbons were for first or second place, but I never gave
> it a thought!
>
> The best part is that the medallion is really cool -- it depicts a jar
> of strawberry jam with a blue ribbon on it, bearing the year 2004.
> Coincidentally, one of my blue ribbons was for Strawberry Jam.
>
> The Creative Activities superintendent let me borrow the medallion to
> wear for the newscast. Pretty slick.
>
> OK, I think about done with Fair posts for this year. Thanks for your
> indulgence.
> --
> -Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> An update on 8/22/04; check the Fairs Fare

tab.

Good on ya! Couldn't have gone to a more deserving entrant!!

Lana Stuart

UGAK9

"Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
> I just found out today that I've been awarded the coveted and highly
> sought "Prestigious Processor of the Pantry" medallion. Go ahead, laugh
> at the name -- I think it's fairly dippy myself -- but I can't tell you
> how exciting it is. I've just put a couple pictures on my webpage,
> along with the story.I so 'cited! This afternoon I went to the
> Fairgrounds to appear on the 6:00 p.m. news as a ribbon winner for the
> Gedney folks. Before heading to the television site, I went to the
> Creative Activities building with the hope of taking better pictures of
> my stuff than those I took on Thursday. I noticed that they'd changed
> one of the exhibit cases -- the one that had all the big Gedney placards
> listing the various winners of special Gedney prizes.
>
> Then I saw two more awards in that case -- the ones for Best Canner and
> Best Baker, essentially. The award for canning is called "Prestigious
> Processor of the Pantry" and the baking award is for the "Supreme Baker
> of the Kitchen." Goofy, to be sure, but big stuff! The prize consists of
> a certificate of recognition and a medallion and is given to the canner
> or baker with the most number of points earned based on winning entries:
> 5 points for first place, 4 for second, on down to 1 point for a 5th
> place award.
>
> Well, holy moley! You can't imagine how stunned I was to see my name
> designated as the Prestigious Processor of the Pantry! Tres cool!
> Eleven of my 14 ribbons were for first or second place, but I never gave
> it a thought!
>
> The best part is that the medallion is really cool -- it depicts a jar
> of strawberry jam with a blue ribbon on it, bearing the year 2004.
> Coincidentally, one of my blue ribbons was for Strawberry Jam.
>
> The Creative Activities superintendent let me borrow the medallion to
> wear for the newscast. Pretty slick.
>
> OK, I think about done with Fair posts for this year. Thanks for your
> indulgence.
> --
> -Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> An update on 8/22/04; check the Fairs Fare

tab.

Good on ya! Couldn't have gone to a more deserving entrant!!

Lana Stuart

Melba's Jammin'

In article >, "UGAK9"
> wrote:
(snipped)

> > OK, I think about done with Fair posts for this year. Thanks for your
> > indulgence.
> > --

> Good on ya! Couldn't have gone to a more deserving entrant!!
> Lana Stuart

Thanks!
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> An update on 8/30/04; check the Fairs Fare tab.

Melba's Jammin'

In article >, "UGAK9"
> wrote:
(snipped)

> > OK, I think about done with Fair posts for this year. Thanks for your
> > indulgence.
> > --

> Good on ya! Couldn't have gone to a more deserving entrant!!
> Lana Stuart

Thanks!
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> An update on 8/30/04; check the Fairs Fare tab.

Mapickle

>I just found out today that I've been awarded the coveted and highly
>sought "Prestigious Processor of the Pantry" medallion.

Way to go Barb! Here in the great Pacifc NW we call those type of awards Queen
of the Kitchen - but PPP is way more PC.

Now that I'm Fair Judge I've retired from canning competition (at least for
the near future, may have to move to Minnesota some day) but tomorrow I have a
fun job. I'm one of the "resident experts" at the Oregon State Fair to sit in a
booth in the Home Arts Building and answer canning questions.

Ma Pickle (finally back on-line)
Deb

Welcome back, Ingrid. You've been missed!

You must have a lot of free time now, if you're not canning for
competitions. ;>

Deb
--
In Oregon, the pacific northWET.

"Mapickle" > wrote in message
> >I just found out today that I've been awarded the coveted and highly
> >sought "Prestigious Processor of the Pantry" medallion.

> Way to go Barb! Here in the great Pacifc NW we call those type of awards

Queen
> of the Kitchen - but PPP is way more PC.
>
> Now that I'm Fair Judge I've retired from canning competition (at least

for
> the near future, may have to move to Minnesota some day) but tomorrow I

have a
> fun job. I'm one of the "resident experts" at the Oregon State Fair to sit

in a
> booth in the Home Arts Building and answer canning questions.
>
> Ma Pickle (finally back on-line)

Deb

"Mapickle" > wrote in message
> >I just found out today that I've been awarded the coveted and highly
> >sought "Prestigious Processor of the Pantry" medallion.

> Way to go Barb! Here in the great Pacifc NW we call those type of awards

Queen
> of the Kitchen - but PPP is way more PC.
>
> Now that I'm Fair Judge I've retired from canning competition (at least

for
> the near future, may have to move to Minnesota some day) but tomorrow I

have a
> fun job. I'm one of the "resident experts" at the Oregon State Fair to sit

in a
> booth in the Home Arts Building and answer canning questions.
>
> Ma Pickle (finally back on-line)

Melba's Jammin'

In article >,
(Mapickle) wrote:

> >I just found out today that I've been awarded the coveted and highly
> >sought "Prestigious Processor of the Pantry" medallion.

> Way to go Barb! Here in the great Pacifc NW we call those type of
> awards Queen of the Kitchen - but PPP is way more PC.

Thanks. I think the Fair folks were up too late one night when they
coined that one. :-) When they first started doing this maybe 3-4
years ago, it was one medal for the combined canning/baking winner,
based on their point thang. I know at least one person (NOT ME) whined
about splitting it into canning and baking. Must've been more than one
complainer, because they did it. Personally, I think kitchen weenie
encompasses both and if they really wanted a special prize, they should
require the winner to also win or place in one of the special recipe
contests they have (SPAM use, Saco Buttermilk use, Gold Medal flour use,
etc.). Then they'd have something!

> Now that I'm Fair Judge I've retired from canning competition (at
> least for the near future, may have to move to Minnesota some day)

It's a great place to live.

> but tomorrow I have a fun job. I'm one of the "resident experts" at
> the Oregon State Fair to sit in a booth in the Home Arts Building and
> answer canning questions.

Have fun.

> Ma Pickle (finally back on-line)

And about damn time it is, too! :-) Now, go find Vicky.
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> An update on 9/2/04; check the Fairs Fare tab.

Melba's Jammin'

In article >,
(Mapickle) wrote:

> >I just found out today that I've been awarded the coveted and highly
> >sought "Prestigious Processor of the Pantry" medallion.

> Way to go Barb! Here in the great Pacifc NW we call those type of
> awards Queen of the Kitchen - but PPP is way more PC.

Thanks. I think the Fair folks were up too late one night when they
coined that one. :-) When they first started doing this maybe 3-4
years ago, it was one medal for the combined canning/baking winner,
based on their point thang. I know at least one person (NOT ME) whined
about splitting it into canning and baking. Must've been more than one
complainer, because they did it. Personally, I think kitchen weenie
encompasses both and if they really wanted a special prize, they should
require the winner to also win or place in one of the special recipe
contests they have (SPAM use, Saco Buttermilk use, Gold Medal flour use,
etc.). Then they'd have something!

> Now that I'm Fair Judge I've retired from canning competition (at
> least for the near future, may have to move to Minnesota some day)

It's a great place to live.

> but tomorrow I have a fun job. I'm one of the "resident experts" at
> the Oregon State Fair to sit in a booth in the Home Arts Building and
> answer canning questions.

Have fun.

> Ma Pickle (finally back on-line)

And about damn time it is, too! :-) Now, go find Vicky.
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> An update on 9/2/04; check the Fairs Fare tab.

Melba's Jammin'

In article >,
(Mapickle) wrote:

> >I just found out today that I've been awarded the coveted and highly
> >sought "Prestigious Processor of the Pantry" medallion.

> Way to go Barb! Here in the great Pacifc NW we call those type of
> awards Queen of the Kitchen - but PPP is way more PC.

Thanks. I think the Fair folks were up too late one night when they
coined that one. :-) When they first started doing this maybe 3-4
years ago, it was one medal for the combined canning/baking winner,
based on their point thang. I know at least one person (NOT ME) whined
about splitting it into canning and baking. Must've been more than one
complainer, because they did it. Personally, I think kitchen weenie
encompasses both and if they really wanted a special prize, they should
require the winner to also win or place in one of the special recipe
contests they have (SPAM use, Saco Buttermilk use, Gold Medal flour use,
etc.). Then they'd have something!

> Now that I'm Fair Judge I've retired from canning competition (at
> least for the near future, may have to move to Minnesota some day)

It's a great place to live.

> but tomorrow I have a fun job. I'm one of the "resident experts" at
> the Oregon State Fair to sit in a booth in the Home Arts Building and
> answer canning questions.

Have fun.

> Ma Pickle (finally back on-line)

And about damn time it is, too! :-) Now, go find Vicky.
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> An update on 9/2/04; check the Fairs Fare tab.

William R. Watt

Mapickle ) writes:
>>I just found out today that I've been awarded the coveted and highly
>>sought "Prestigious Processor of the Pantry" medallion.

> Way to go Barb! Here in the great Pacifc NW we call those type of awards Queen
> of the Kitchen - but PPP is way more PC.

is there a King of the Kitchen award?

some men might delight in being crowned Queen of the Kitchen and dressing up
in wigs and fancy evening gowns for the presentation, but others of us
would be discouraged from entering the competition.

homepage: www.ncf.ca/~ag384/top.htm

William R. Watt

Mapickle ) writes:
>>I just found out today that I've been awarded the coveted and highly
>>sought "Prestigious Processor of the Pantry" medallion.

> Way to go Barb! Here in the great Pacifc NW we call those type of awards Queen
> of the Kitchen - but PPP is way more PC.

is there a King of the Kitchen award?

some men might delight in being crowned Queen of the Kitchen and dressing up
in wigs and fancy evening gowns for the presentation, but others of us
would be discouraged from entering the competition.

homepage: www.ncf.ca/~ag384/top.htm
William R. Watt

Mapickle ) writes:
>>I just found out today that I've been awarded the coveted and highly
>>sought "Prestigious Processor of the Pantry" medallion.

> Way to go Barb! Here in the great Pacifc NW we call those type of awards Queen
> of the Kitchen - but PPP is way more PC.

is there a King of the Kitchen award?

some men might delight in being crowned Queen of the Kitchen and dressing up
in wigs and fancy evening gowns for the presentation, but others of us
would be discouraged from entering the competition.

homepage: www.ncf.ca/~ag384/top.htm
William R. Watt