Melba's Jammin'

In article >, zxcvbob
> wrote:
(snippage, including attributions)

> >>Bob, I thought we told you to stay away from the ergot.. And next time
> >>I catch you eating the moldy rye bread, I'm gonna spank you.

> > Anything but that, Blanche. Anything! He likes it too much. Think
> > Br'er Rabbit in the briar patch.

> "PLEEZE don't beet me with that thar wooden spoon. ANYTHIN' but that."
>
> Best regards,
> Bob

Oh, Lord! Not you, too!! mumblemumblebeetmemumblemumble
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> An update on 8/30/04; check the Fairs Fare tab.

Blanche Nonken

Brian Mailman > wrote:

> Blanche Nonken wrote:
>
> > Brian Mailman > wrote:

> >> but 4 ounces is barely two-three bites....

> > This is a very richly flavored chili. Made with venison neck (glatt
> > kosher, if you must know, from Musicon Farms),

> I had no doubt... you know about http://www.kosherbison.com if you want
> kosher "exotics"?
>
> > goat, and what passes for lamb in the US.

> It's hoggett, I'm told. A teen-ish animal.
>
> > Wesley Pitt's recipe, home-grown and dried Mulato
> > Isleno chiles, very filling stuff. I suppose to make it the equivalent
> > of typical diner chili I'd add that little container to a can of red
> > beans, some cut up vegetables, maybe a little extra stock to distribute
> > the flavor. There, now it's a Full Meal.

> Well, OK.
>
> > (Besides, I like to add half or so of a diced onion and a couple ounces
> > of grated sharp cheddar.)

> A-hem. Cheddar on glatt venison?

Um. Er... forget I said that.

> > Looking forward to being stable again, so I can make more. Down to 5
> > little jars.

> It does sound good.

Incredible stuff. Find his recipe, try it. I cheated and used
Yuengling (a PA beer, and damned good) instead of his insistence on a
Texas brew. After all, he's dead and I'm not afraid of ghosts.
Besides, I'm a woman, and a Texas male ghost wouldn't mess with a woman.
Right, Wes?
Blanche Nonken

Brian Mailman > wrote:

> Blanche Nonken wrote:
>
> > Brian Mailman > wrote:

> >> but 4 ounces is barely two-three bites....

> > This is a very richly flavored chili. Made with venison neck (glatt
> > kosher, if you must know, from Musicon Farms),

> I had no doubt... you know about http://www.kosherbison.com if you want
> kosher "exotics"?
>
> > goat, and what passes for lamb in the US.

> It's hoggett, I'm told. A teen-ish animal.
>
> > Wesley Pitt's recipe, home-grown and dried Mulato
> > Isleno chiles, very filling stuff. I suppose to make it the equivalent
> > of typical diner chili I'd add that little container to a can of red
> > beans, some cut up vegetables, maybe a little extra stock to distribute
> > the flavor. There, now it's a Full Meal.

> Well, OK.
>
> > (Besides, I like to add half or so of a diced onion and a couple ounces
> > of grated sharp cheddar.)

> A-hem. Cheddar on glatt venison?

Um. Er... forget I said that.

> > Looking forward to being stable again, so I can make more. Down to 5
> > little jars.

> It does sound good.

Incredible stuff. Find his recipe, try it. I cheated and used
Yuengling (a PA beer, and damned good) instead of his insistence on a
Texas brew. After all, he's dead and I'm not afraid of ghosts.
Besides, I'm a woman, and a Texas male ghost wouldn't mess with a woman.
Right, Wes?
Blanche Nonken

"Bob (this one)" > wrote:

> Blanche Nonken wrote:
>
> > Melba's Jammin' > wrote:

> >>Anything but that, Blanche. Anything! He likes it too much. Think
> >>Br'er Rabbit in the briar patch.

> > OK, then - I won't spank him. No spankings until you shape up, Bob!

> Damn. I hate it when you guys get together and compare notes...
>
> And I was looking forward to an, um, attitude correction.

Well.

A friend gave me a 13 strand (or something) 4 foot long signal whip as a
gift a little over a year ago. I could stand some target practice...
Blanche Nonken

"Bob (this one)" > wrote:

> Blanche Nonken wrote:
>
> > Melba's Jammin' > wrote:

> >>Anything but that, Blanche. Anything! He likes it too much. Think
> >>Br'er Rabbit in the briar patch.

> > OK, then - I won't spank him. No spankings until you shape up, Bob!

> Damn. I hate it when you guys get together and compare notes...
>
> And I was looking forward to an, um, attitude correction.

Well.

A friend gave me a 13 strand (or something) 4 foot long signal whip as a
gift a little over a year ago. I could stand some target practice...

zxcvbob

Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> In article >, zxcvbob
> > wrote:
> (snippage, including attributions)

>>>Anything but that, Blanche. Anything! He likes it too much. Think
>>>Br'er Rabbit in the briar patch.

>>"PLEEZE don't beet me with that thar wooden spoon. ANYTHIN' but that."
>>
>>Best regards,
>>Bob

> Oh, Lord! Not you, too!! mumblemumblebeetmemumblemumble

Sorry, I was tryin' to write in dialect and I'm outta practice; I
shoulda said "don' beat me wit dat thar wooden spoon..." Didn't mean to
scare ya.

I'm sure Freud would have something nasty to say about my use of "beet",
but he should mind his own business (like dat thar cee-gar dat *he*
smok'd. Hmmm...)

Bob
zxcvbob

Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> In article >, zxcvbob
> > wrote:
> (snippage, including attributions)

>>>Anything but that, Blanche. Anything! He likes it too much. Think
>>>Br'er Rabbit in the briar patch.

>>"PLEEZE don't beet me with that thar wooden spoon. ANYTHIN' but that."
>>
>>Best regards,
>>Bob

> Oh, Lord! Not you, too!! mumblemumblebeetmemumblemumble

Sorry, I was tryin' to write in dialect and I'm outta practice; I
shoulda said "don' beat me wit dat thar wooden spoon..." Didn't mean to
scare ya.

I'm sure Freud would have something nasty to say about my use of "beet",
but he should mind his own business (like dat thar cee-gar dat *he*
smok'd. Hmmm...)

Bob
Bob (this one)

wrote:

>>>OK, then - I won't spank him. No spankings until you shape up, Bob!

>>Damn. I hate it when you guys get together and compare notes...
>>
>>And I was looking forward to an, um, attitude correction.

> Well.
>
> A friend gave me a 13 strand (or something) 4 foot long signal whip as a
> gift a little over a year ago. I could stand some target practice...

Now I'm scared...

Pastorio

Bob (this one)

wrote:

>>>OK, then - I won't spank him. No spankings until you shape up, Bob!

>>Damn. I hate it when you guys get together and compare notes...
>>
>>And I was looking forward to an, um, attitude correction.

> Well.
>
> A friend gave me a 13 strand (or something) 4 foot long signal whip as a
> gift a little over a year ago. I could stand some target practice...

Now I'm scared...

Pastorio

Ball Jelly Jars free Rick Gould Preserving 1 30-06-2011 06:41 PM
Needed: Jelly Jars Daniel MacKay Preserving 0 24-10-2007 08:39 PM
Jelly Bean Jelly (Jam) alandem Beer 3 27-01-2005 04:03 AM
Jelly Bean Jelly (Jam) alandem Chocolate 0 25-01-2005 05:00 PM
Jelly Palm jelly? TM Preserving 8 26-07-2004 10:47 PM