The Joneses

Default Food Borne Germy Discussion

Just for pickle's sake - anybody got a Brief description of
the, say, 10 most common food borne germs related to home
preserved food, symptoms and cures? Have had a few
carmudgeons question my knowledge of such and because the
USDA says so is kinda wimpy (tho accurate) IMO. Might be a
nice page to add to our FAQ?
Edrena

Melba's Jammin'

In article >, The Joneses
> wrote:

> Just for pickle's sake - anybody got a Brief description of
> the, say, 10 most common food borne germs related to home
> preserved food, symptoms and cures? Have had a few
> carmudgeons question my knowledge of such and because the
> USDA says so is kinda wimpy (tho accurate) IMO. Might be a
> nice page to add to our FAQ?
> Edrena

http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dbmd/disea...fections_g.htm

http://www.ext.colostate.edu/pubs/foodnut/09300.html

I Googled on < food-borne illness + home preserved food> and got 2040
hits.
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> An update on 8/19/04 - Corn Relish

The Joneses

Melba's Jammin' wrote:

> In article >, The Joneses
> > wrote:
>
> > Just for pickle's sake - anybody got a Brief description of
> > the, say, 10 most common food borne germs related to home
> > preserved food, symptoms and cures? Have had a few
> > carmudgeons question my knowledge of such and because the
> > USDA says so is kinda wimpy (tho accurate) IMO. Might be a
> > nice page to add to our FAQ?
> > Edrena

> http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dbmd/disea...fections_g.htm
>
> http://www.ext.colostate.edu/pubs/foodnut/09300.html
>
> I Googled on < food-borne illness + home preserved food> and got 2040
> hits.
> -Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> An update on 8/19/04 - Corn Relish

Them was dandy references. Esp the CDC one. Very complete, lots of links
to specific other pages, etc. Thanks. Ah'm gettin educatedor by the
minute.
Edrena

Melba's Jammin'

In article >, The Joneses
> wrote:

> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>
> > In article >, The Joneses
> > > wrote:
> >
> > > Just for pickle's sake - anybody got a Brief description of
> > > the, say, 10 most common food borne germs related to home
> > > preserved food, symptoms and cures? Have had a few
> > > carmudgeons question my knowledge of such and because the
> > > USDA says so is kinda wimpy (tho accurate) IMO. Might be a
> > > nice page to add to our FAQ?
> > > Edrena

> > http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dbmd/disea...fections_g.htm
> >
> > http://www.ext.colostate.edu/pubs/foodnut/09300.html
> >
> > I Googled on < food-borne illness + home preserved food> and got 2040
> > hits.
> > -Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> An update on 8/19/04 - Corn Relish

> Them was dandy references. Esp the CDC one. Very complete, lots of links
> to specific other pages, etc. Thanks. Ah'm gettin educatedor by the
> minute.
> Edrena

Yeah, I only glanced -- more at the sources than the content. Figured
NCDC would know something. And the Colorado folks are pretty smart,
too. There were more hits, but I didni't want to do all your work for
you. Google is our friend. Glad to see you back, BTW -- we wuz
wonderin' where ya went.
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> An update on 7/22/04.