nutNhoney

Default Made Pickles :) Thanks Ross

DH brought home two hampers of freshly picked cucumbers on Sunday. They
were free I did some up for Ross's recipe for the icing stage. I
made pickles and started relish yesterday. I did a batch of Ross's
recipe and they look really nice in the jars. Thanks Ross! I started a
batch of fermented dill pickles using the USDA recipe. They smell
great. I keep checking but have seen any scum on top yet. It has been
less than 24 hours though. It says you don't have to bottle them as they
will keep if left in the original container. So I might not bottle
them. I started the USDA pickle relish. It says to let the mixture sit
for 24 hours then bring to a boil and bottle. To me, the mixture looks
a little runny. It smells very good though! Now, I'm debating what to
do with the rest of the cucumbers. I've already given some to family
and friends but there is a good half of hamper full left along with what
is coming out of the garden. I'll likely make a batch of freezer
pickles and some bread and butter pickles.