TM

Default Jelly Palm jelly?

Hello everyone... I was looking for a recipe that includes Jelly Palm
fruits (jelly, wine or whatever).. Any recipe or direction to
point me in would be of great help.. Thanks

tim

--
From the desk of Timothy James Morton

"i have so much time and so little to do. Wait. Strike that, reverse it."
-Wonka-

Melba's Jammin'

In article >, "TM"
> wrote:

> Hello everyone... I was looking for a recipe that includes Jelly Palm
> fruits (jelly, wine or whatever).. Any recipe or direction to
> point me in would be of great help.. Thanks
>
> tim

What are Jelly Palm fruits, Tim?
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> An update on 7/22/04.

Melba's Jammin'

In article >, "TM"
> wrote:

> Hello everyone... I was looking for a recipe that includes Jelly Palm
> fruits (jelly, wine or whatever).. Any recipe or direction to
> point me in would be of great help.. Thanks
>
> tim

What are Jelly Palm fruits, Tim?
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> An update on 7/22/04.

zxcvbob

Melba's Jammin' wrote:

> In article >, "TM"
> > wrote:
>

>>Hello everyone... I was looking for a recipe that includes Jelly Palm
>>fruits (jelly, wine or whatever).. Any recipe or direction to
>>point me in would be of great help.. Thanks
>>
>>tim

> What are Jelly Palm fruits, Tim?

I've seen clusters of little sour orange fruits on low growing palm
trees near the gulf coast. They would probly make great jelly; I would
start with a plum jelly recipe if I couldn't find one explicitly for
jelly palm fruits. Plum and palm are spelled about the same, so it
should work... ;-)

Bob
zxcvbob

Melba's Jammin' wrote:

> In article >, "TM"
> > wrote:
>

>>Hello everyone... I was looking for a recipe that includes Jelly Palm
>>fruits (jelly, wine or whatever).. Any recipe or direction to
>>point me in would be of great help.. Thanks
>>
>>tim

> What are Jelly Palm fruits, Tim?

I've seen clusters of little sour orange fruits on low growing palm
trees near the gulf coast. They would probly make great jelly; I would
start with a plum jelly recipe if I couldn't find one explicitly for
jelly palm fruits. Plum and palm are spelled about the same, so it
should work... ;-)

Bob

TM

They're about 1 1/2" inch dia. fiberous orange fruits that are very sour...
this is a link to what their characteristics
http://www.crfg.org/pubs/ff/edible-palms.html
i have two in the front yard that are exploding with ripened fruit..

tm
"Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
> In article >, "TM"
> > wrote:
>
> > Hello everyone... I was looking for a recipe that includes Jelly Palm
> > fruits (jelly, wine or whatever).. Any recipe or direction to
> > point me in would be of great help.. Thanks
> >
> > tim

> What are Jelly Palm fruits, Tim?
> --
> -Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> An update on 7/22/04.

zxcvbob

TM wrote:
> They're about 1 1/2" inch dia. fiberous orange fruits that are very sour...
> this is a link to what their characteristics
> http://www.crfg.org/pubs/ff/edible-palms.html
> i have two in the front yard that are exploding with ripened fruit..

Hi Tim,
I was serious about using a plum jelly recipe, but if the fruits are not
very juicy you might be better off using a mayhaw jelly recipe (boil the
fruit in a little water, mash, cook a little longer, strain, etc.)

Bob
Melba's Jammin'

In article >, "TM"
> wrote:

> They're about 1 1/2" inch dia. fiberous orange fruits that are very
> sour...
> this is a link to what their characteristics
> http://www.crfg.org/pubs/ff/edible-palms.html
> i have two in the front yard that are exploding with ripened fruit..
>
> tm
> "Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
> > In article >, "TM"
> > > wrote:
> >
> > > Hello everyone... I was looking for a recipe that includes Jelly
> > > Palm
> > > fruits (jelly, wine or whatever).. Any recipe or direction to
> > > point me in would be of great help.. Thanks
> > >
> > > tim

> > What are Jelly Palm fruits, Tim?
> > --
> > -Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> An update on 7/22/04.

Gee, I don't know a thing about them, but the description of the fruit
sounds wonderful. You could extract the juice (crush the fruit somewhat
and add water about halfway up the depth in a kettle, cook for about 20
minutes, and strain through a cheesecloth), then test it for pectin
content (it involves rubbing alcohol and some of the juice) and proceed
from there. If it has sufficient pectin of its own, use 3/4 to 1 cup
sugar for each cup of strained juice and boil until it jells - about 221
degrees F. Don't use more than about 4-5 cups of juice at one time.
FWIW. Slightly underripe fruit will have more pectin than fully ripe
fruit. Let us know how it turns out, eh?
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> An update on 7/22/04.

Melba's Jammin'

In article >, zxcvbob
> wrote:

> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>
> > In article >, "TM"
> > > wrote:
> >

> >>Hello everyone... I was looking for a recipe that includes Jelly Palm
> >>fruits (jelly, wine or whatever).. Any recipe or direction to
> >>point me in would be of great help.. Thanks
> >>
> >>tim

> > What are Jelly Palm fruits, Tim?

> I've seen clusters of little sour orange fruits on low growing palm
> trees near the gulf coast. They would probly make great jelly; I would
> start with a plum jelly recipe if I couldn't find one explicitly for
> jelly palm fruits. Plum and palm are spelled about the same, so it
> should work... ;-)
>
> Bob

Your mama didn't smack you enough when you were little.
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> An update on 7/22/04.

Jelly, jelly & more jelly. Ross@home Preserving 4 27-07-2012 06:01 AM
Jelly help please Tarpon Preserving 2 02-10-2008 07:58 PM
I Like Jelly Pie [email protected] General Cooking 1 20-01-2006 08:22 PM
Jelly Bean Jelly (Jam) alandem Beer 3 27-01-2005 04:03 AM
Jelly Bean Jelly (Jam) alandem Chocolate 0 25-01-2005 05:00 PM