George Shirley

Default New fridge

New fridge came in today, had two small dents, Lowes didn't have another
that wasn't dented. Got back from work about 1400 and went to the store.
Negotiated a $100 discount/refund if I kept the dented one. Since you
can barely see one of the dents (high on the rear back of the right
side) and the other I took out by removing the door liner and tapping it
with a four ounce ball peen hammer. Damn, I love negotiating for things.
With the 100 bucks for being first customer and the 100 rebate on the
fridge, plus the 45 buck rebate on the delivery charge I ended up paying
$154 for a new refrigerator. As a bonus they hauled off the old one.
That's almost as good as putting up a canner full of food. <BSEG>

George

The Joneses

George Shirley wrote:

> New fridge came in today, had two small dents, Lowes didn't have another
> that wasn't dented. Got back from work about 1400 and went to the store.
> Negotiated a $100 discount/refund if I kept the dented one. Since you
> can barely see one of the dents (high on the rear back of the right
> side) and the other I took out by removing the door liner and tapping it
> with a four ounce ball peen hammer. Damn, I love negotiating for things.
> With the 100 bucks for being first customer and the 100 rebate on the
> fridge, plus the 45 buck rebate on the delivery charge I ended up paying
> $154 for a new refrigerator. As a bonus they hauled off the old one.
> That's almost as good as putting up a canner full of food. <BSEG>
>
> George

All you need to do now is "baptize" it. Get out the cider vinegar and spill
some in salute to St. Vinegrette.
Edrena

The Joneses

George Shirley wrote:

> New fridge came in today, had two small dents, Lowes didn't have another
> that wasn't dented. Got back from work about 1400 and went to the store.
> Negotiated a $100 discount/refund if I kept the dented one. Since you
> can barely see one of the dents (high on the rear back of the right
> side) and the other I took out by removing the door liner and tapping it
> with a four ounce ball peen hammer. Damn, I love negotiating for things.
> With the 100 bucks for being first customer and the 100 rebate on the
> fridge, plus the 45 buck rebate on the delivery charge I ended up paying
> $154 for a new refrigerator. As a bonus they hauled off the old one.
> That's almost as good as putting up a canner full of food. <BSEG>
>
> George

All you need to do now is "baptize" it. Get out the cider vinegar and spill
some in salute to St. Vinegrette.
Edrena

George Shirley

The Joneses wrote:
> George Shirley wrote:
>

>>New fridge came in today, had two small dents, Lowes didn't have another
>>that wasn't dented. Got back from work about 1400 and went to the store.
>>Negotiated a $100 discount/refund if I kept the dented one. Since you
>>can barely see one of the dents (high on the rear back of the right
>>side) and the other I took out by removing the door liner and tapping it
>>with a four ounce ball peen hammer. Damn, I love negotiating for things.
>>With the 100 bucks for being first customer and the 100 rebate on the
>>fridge, plus the 45 buck rebate on the delivery charge I ended up paying
>>$154 for a new refrigerator. As a bonus they hauled off the old one.
>>That's almost as good as putting up a canner full of food. <BSEG>
>>
>>George

> All you need to do now is "baptize" it. Get out the cider vinegar and spill
> some in salute to St. Vinegrette.
> Edrena

Naw, I already spilled some fig jam inside it so St. Pectina of Jella
has done the job for me. Mother Superior Barb would be proud of me.

George

Craig Watts

>New fridge came in today, had two small dents, Lowes didn't have another
>that wasn't dented. Got back from work about 1400 and went to the store.
>Negotiated a $100 discount/refund if I kept the dented one. Since you
>can barely see one of the dents (high on the rear back of the right
>side) and the other I took out by removing the door liner and tapping it
>with a four ounce ball peen hammer. Damn, I love negotiating for things.
>With the 100 bucks for being first customer and the 100 rebate on the
>fridge, plus the 45 buck rebate on the delivery charge I ended up paying
>$154 for a new refrigerator. As a bonus they hauled off the old one.
>That's almost as good as putting up a canner full of food. <BSEG>
>
>George

Glad your nightmare has come to an end. Been following your story.

BTW- I finnally broke down and bought my Tila Foodsaver. Got the 800
model with the cutter already mounted in it. Love it. Thanks for all
of your input in the past. Did enough shopping to finnally say ENOUGH!
Go buy it.

Thanks,

Craig

Craig Watts

>New fridge came in today, had two small dents, Lowes didn't have another
>that wasn't dented. Got back from work about 1400 and went to the store.
>Negotiated a $100 discount/refund if I kept the dented one. Since you
>can barely see one of the dents (high on the rear back of the right
>side) and the other I took out by removing the door liner and tapping it
>with a four ounce ball peen hammer. Damn, I love negotiating for things.
>With the 100 bucks for being first customer and the 100 rebate on the
>fridge, plus the 45 buck rebate on the delivery charge I ended up paying
>$154 for a new refrigerator. As a bonus they hauled off the old one.
>That's almost as good as putting up a canner full of food. <BSEG>
>
>George

Glad your nightmare has come to an end. Been following your story.

BTW- I finnally broke down and bought my Tila Foodsaver. Got the 800
model with the cutter already mounted in it. Love it. Thanks for all
of your input in the past. Did enough shopping to finnally say ENOUGH!
Go buy it.

Thanks,

Craig
George Shirley

Craig Watts wrote:
>>New fridge came in today, had two small dents, Lowes didn't have another
>>that wasn't dented. Got back from work about 1400 and went to the store.
>>Negotiated a $100 discount/refund if I kept the dented one. Since you
>>can barely see one of the dents (high on the rear back of the right
>>side) and the other I took out by removing the door liner and tapping it
>>with a four ounce ball peen hammer. Damn, I love negotiating for things.
>>With the 100 bucks for being first customer and the 100 rebate on the
>>fridge, plus the 45 buck rebate on the delivery charge I ended up paying
>>$154 for a new refrigerator. As a bonus they hauled off the old one.
>>That's almost as good as putting up a canner full of food. <BSEG>
>>
>>George

> Glad your nightmare has come to an end. Been following your story.
>
> BTW- I finnally broke down and bought my Tila Foodsaver. Got the 800
> model with the cutter already mounted in it. Love it. Thanks for all
> of your input in the past. Did enough shopping to finnally say ENOUGH!
> Go buy it.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Craig

Today I had to go back to Lowe's and buy a new front door handle. The
thirty yo one broke as I went out the door to get the paper this
morning. Bought as nearly alike for a replacement as I could get, solid
forged brass. Didn't know those things were that expensive. Of course
it's one of those fancy jobs that's about a foot long with a little
thumb release. You have to unlock the lock above it to get in the door.
Reckon it will remind the wife to lock up before she leaves and remind
her not to slam the door with the lock engaged. She won't be able to do
that anymore. So, some good things happen occasionally. Only took me
about 15 minutes to swap the new for the old.

Fridge is working great, got a watermelon, some Ranier cherries (for
snacking), a small bag of Gala apples and a bowl full of tomatoes
sitting in there. First time we've ever tried Ranier cherries as they
are rather pricey down here, usually $5 to $6.00 a lb but these were
$2.99 for some reason. They are really good though. Do wish cherries
would grow down here as we really like them. Have to be satisfied with
plums, pears, and peaches I guess.

George

George Shirley

Craig Watts wrote:
>>New fridge came in today, had two small dents, Lowes didn't have another
>>that wasn't dented. Got back from work about 1400 and went to the store.
>>Negotiated a $100 discount/refund if I kept the dented one. Since you
>>can barely see one of the dents (high on the rear back of the right
>>side) and the other I took out by removing the door liner and tapping it
>>with a four ounce ball peen hammer. Damn, I love negotiating for things.
>>With the 100 bucks for being first customer and the 100 rebate on the
>>fridge, plus the 45 buck rebate on the delivery charge I ended up paying
>>$154 for a new refrigerator. As a bonus they hauled off the old one.
>>That's almost as good as putting up a canner full of food. <BSEG>
>>
>>George

> Glad your nightmare has come to an end. Been following your story.
>
> BTW- I finnally broke down and bought my Tila Foodsaver. Got the 800
> model with the cutter already mounted in it. Love it. Thanks for all
> of your input in the past. Did enough shopping to finnally say ENOUGH!
> Go buy it.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Craig

Today I had to go back to Lowe's and buy a new front door handle. The
thirty yo one broke as I went out the door to get the paper this
morning. Bought as nearly alike for a replacement as I could get, solid
forged brass. Didn't know those things were that expensive. Of course
it's one of those fancy jobs that's about a foot long with a little
thumb release. You have to unlock the lock above it to get in the door.
Reckon it will remind the wife to lock up before she leaves and remind
her not to slam the door with the lock engaged. She won't be able to do
that anymore. So, some good things happen occasionally. Only took me
about 15 minutes to swap the new for the old.

Fridge is working great, got a watermelon, some Ranier cherries (for
snacking), a small bag of Gala apples and a bowl full of tomatoes
sitting in there. First time we've ever tried Ranier cherries as they
are rather pricey down here, usually $5 to $6.00 a lb but these were
$2.99 for some reason. They are really good though. Do wish cherries
would grow down here as we really like them. Have to be satisfied with
plums, pears, and peaches I guess.

George

What's in your fridge? Mark Thorson General Cooking 0 15-11-2011 07:39 PM
Tap v Fridge Space Cowboy Tea 0 08-10-2010 02:56 PM
Same fridge? MiamiCuse Cooking Equipment 3 27-08-2007 02:46 PM
In the fridge serene General Cooking 2 26-04-2006 11:13 PM