Posted to rec.food.preserving

Default pinging Barb - watermelon rind pickles?

Ohhhh, Baaaarrrrbbbbb?

I had a request for watermelon rind pickles from my Mom last week. The last
time I made them was 2007 and she's just discovering now that she really
likes them! I Googled the group for the recipe you use (and that I used)
and found two. But I just want to make sure - is "Watermelon Pickles (the
Widow Dorothy's)" the one you make? I believe it is because it calls for
clove oil....

Thanks!

Guess I'll be prepping some rind this weekend.....

Kathi

Posted to rec.food.preserving

In article >,
"Kathi Jones" > wrote:

> Ohhhh, Baaaarrrrbbbbb?
>
> I had a request for watermelon rind pickles from my Mom last week. The last
> time I made them was 2007 and she's just discovering now that she really
> likes them! I Googled the group for the recipe you use (and that I used)
> and found two. But I just want to make sure - is "Watermelon Pickles (the
> Widow Dorothy's)" the one you make? I believe it is because it calls for
> clove oil....
>
> Thanks!
>
> Guess I'll be prepping some rind this weekend.....
>
> Kathi

That'd be the one. :-)

<http://web.me.com/barbschaller/Hangi...ed_Lady/Yes,_I
_Can%21/Entries/2009/6/14_Watermelon_Rind_Pickles.html>

I'd suggest using a little less of the clove oil.

--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller - Yes, I Can! blog - check it out
Posted to rec.food.preserving

"Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Kathi Jones" > wrote:
>
>> Ohhhh, Baaaarrrrbbbbb?
>>
>> I had a request for watermelon rind pickles from my Mom last week. The
>> last
>> time I made them was 2007 and she's just discovering now that she really
>> likes them! I Googled the group for the recipe you use (and that I used)
>> and found two. But I just want to make sure - is "Watermelon Pickles
>> (the
>> Widow Dorothy's)" the one you make? I believe it is because it calls
>> for
>> clove oil....
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Guess I'll be prepping some rind this weekend.....
>>
>> Kathi

> That'd be the one. :-)
>
> <http://web.me.com/barbschaller/Hangi...ed_Lady/Yes,_I
> _Can%21/Entries/2009/6/14_Watermelon_Rind_Pickles.html>
>
> I'd suggest using a little less of the clove oil.

thanks Barb. Mom wants to come over and see 'my process'. Last time she
put anything up, I was about 10, we were camping, and we'd gone blueberry
picking. She made jam on the Coleman propane camp stove and sealed it in
baby food jars with parafin!

Kathi