Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,rec.food.preserving,alt.usenet.legends.lester-mosley

Default Homemade peanut butter

marika wrote
> Rod Speed > wrote

>> And isnt even relevant if you would otherwise just veg out in front of the TV or on usenet either.

> why not make your life more efficient and do both simultaneously.

That is precisely what I do.

> I do. Madmen on TV right now

I normally watch recorded current affairs TV which doesnt have any ads and
dont need looking at the screen much, usual interview of talking heads etc.

Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,rec.food.preserving,rec.food.cooking,alt.home.repair

In article >, Dan Musicant
) says...
> On Fri, 26 Jun 2009 10:49:58 -0500, Cheapo Groovo >
> wrote:
>
> :In article >, Dan Musicant
> > :> I've made nut butters in the kitchen for many years, usually peanut
> :> butter. It's a money saver and you can see with your own eyes exactly
> :> what the ingredients are.
> :>
> :> I roast the nuts in the oven, although I have made raw cashew butter a
> :> time or two. My sometime problem is getting a machine that's up to the
> :> task. I used to work with a Waring blender, and after burning out a few
> :> motors (they were available for user replacement), I bought an Osterizer
> :> 10 speed and it lasted for over 20 years on the original motor. It
> :> finally burned out about two months ago. This old Osterizer was 125
> :> watts only. Besides the glass blender jar I had a $10 plastic accessory
> :> that they called a food processor attachment, which I have only used for
> :> grinding meat on occasion. It's designed very well and does a very nice
> :> job of meat grinding.
> :>
> :> So, in looking for a replacement for my old Osterizer I figured I'd get
> :> another Osterizer, naturally, inasmuch as the old one lasted 20+ years
> :> and I still wanted to be able to use the meat-grinding food processor
> :> attachment. I did some homework and found that the current Osterizer
> :> blenders are rated at much higher power -- from 450 watts up to 600
> :> watts or so. About two months ago I picked up a #6694 450 watt 12 speed
> :> Osterizer Blender at Walmart for around $25. However, it burned out this
> :> morning making a new batch of peanut butter. I suppose I can get a
> :> warranty replacement which will work fine for smoothies and such and
> :> grinding meat, but evidently I need something more robust for nut
> :> butters. I had been eyeing the "Beehive" Osterizer, which I can get for
> :> around $55 at Walmart. It's supposed to be 600 watts, supports 2 speeds
> :> and a flash button (the food processor attachment requires flash). I
> :> thought I'd post first to get people's opinions and experience before
> :> shelling out more money, perhaps vainly.
> :>
> :> Dan
> :>
> :> Email: dmusicant at pacbell dot net
> :>
> :Have you looked into the thunderstick?
> :http://www.asseenontv.com/prod-pages/thunderstick.html
>
> I'd never seen it. It's not available at that site currently and they
> don't post a price. Seems unlikely that I could make up to 60 ounces of
> smooth peanut butter with any convenience with that item. The pictures
> at that site are tiny and I can't make out what the accessories come to,
> but it doesn't look promising.
>
> Dan

somtimes they have these products at cvs or walgreens
Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,rec.food.preserving,alt.usenet.legends.lester-mosley

"Rod Speed" > wrote in message

> I normally watch recorded current affairs TV which doesnt have any ads and
> dont need looking at the screen much, usual interview of talking heads
> etc.

Generally I do too, watch these newspodcasts.
But, on Sunday, in spite of the surfeit of news that should have been
covered, every major news person was on vacation ignoring it all

So I started catching up on Madmen which I enjoyed half watching when
reading usenet last time I watched it, but now I caught even more stuff I
had missed before. It's a lot more complicated than I thought

mk5000

"can't remember what I did last night
everything is still a blur
what happened last night
cause I don't remember it"--britney spears

Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,rec.food.preserving,alt.usenet.legends.lester-mosley

marika wrote
> Rod Speed > wrote

>> I normally watch recorded current affairs TV which doesnt have any> ads and dont need looking at the screen much,
>> usual interview of talking heads etc.

> Generally I do too, watch these newspodcasts.
> But, on Sunday, in spite of the surfeit of news that should have been
> covered, every major news person was on vacation ignoring it all

Thats the big advantage with recorded TV, you're never short of stuff to watch.

I watch almost nothing live, just 20 mins of national news daily that has no ads at all.

> So I started catching up on Madmen which I enjoyed half watching when reading usenet last time I watched it, but now I
> caught even more
> stuff I had missed before. It's a lot more complicated than I thought

I have watched some segments of mythbusters when I have run
out of current affairs stuff when bottling the beer. It takes about
an hour per batch and is to boring to do without something to listen to.