Posted to rec.food.preserving

Default Survey On Canning Lids

After a hectic day at work, in front of my computer and on the phone
more than I wanted to be, I got home to a survey invitation in my
personal e-mail box for canning lids--I belong to the Ball mailing
list. I took the survey--although I don't usually do these unless
there is some incentive beside an entry in a contest--which this one
was one of those. It only took about 10 minutes. Anyway, the survey
was about changing the pictures/text on the lids and going to a
brushed silver vs. gold. I basically told them I could care less what
is printed on the lid or what color it is as long as it is a quality
lid with little or no failure to seal.
Posted to rec.food.preserving

Mimi wrote:
> After a hectic day at work, in front of my computer and on the phone
> more than I wanted to be, I got home to a survey invitation in my
> personal e-mail box for canning lids--I belong to the Ball mailing
> list. I took the survey--although I don't usually do these unless
> there is some incentive beside an entry in a contest--which this one
> was one of those. It only took about 10 minutes. Anyway, the survey
> was about changing the pictures/text on the lids and going to a
> brushed silver vs. gold. I basically told them I could care less what
> is printed on the lid or what color it is as long as it is a quality
> lid with little or no failure to seal.

I agree with your sentiments exactly. Most usually I put a label over
their logo anyway.
Posted to rec.food.preserving

Mimi wrote:
> After a hectic day at work, in front of my computer and on the phone
> more than I wanted to be, I got home to a survey invitation in my
> personal e-mail box for canning lids...

I received one too. Which is kinda weird because I'm not on a Ball
mailing list or anything. I didn't know if I wanted to spend that
length of time simply to be entered in a raffle for a gallon jar.

B/
Posted to rec.food.preserving

"Brian Mailman" > wrote in message
> Mimi wrote:
>> After a hectic day at work, in front of my computer and on the phone
>> more than I wanted to be, I got home to a survey invitation in my
>> personal e-mail box for canning lids...

> I received one too. Which is kinda weird because I'm not on a Ball
> mailing list or anything. I didn't know if I wanted to spend that length
> of time simply to be entered in a raffle for a gallon jar.

I *am* on their mailing list and I didn't get it.

Posted to rec.food.preserving

Brian Mailman wrote:
> Mimi wrote:
>> After a hectic day at work, in front of my computer and on the phone
>> more than I wanted to be, I got home to a survey invitation in my
>> personal e-mail box for canning lids...

> I received one too. Which is kinda weird because I'm not on a Ball
> mailing list or anything. I didn't know if I wanted to spend that
> length of time simply to be entered in a raffle for a gallon jar.
>
> B/

I've got a box of four, with plastic lids, in the pantry and a lightning
top gallon jar up on the top shelf in there. Since I dropped one I now
use plastic to keep my grain products.

Posted to rec.food.preserving

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Brian Mailman" > wrote in message
>> Mimi wrote:
>>> After a hectic day at work, in front of my computer and on the phone
>>> more than I wanted to be, I got home to a survey invitation in my
>>> personal e-mail box for canning lids...

>> I received one too. Which is kinda weird because I'm not on a Ball
>> mailing list or anything. I didn't know if I wanted to spend that length
>> of time simply to be entered in a raffle for a gallon jar.

> I *am* on their mailing list and I didn't get it.

I take it back. Now I have it.

Posted to rec.food.preserving

George Shirley wrote:
> Brian Mailman wrote:
>> Mimi wrote:
>>> After a hectic day at work, in front of my computer and on the phone
>>> more than I wanted to be, I got home to a survey invitation in my
>>> personal e-mail box for canning lids...

>> I received one too. Which is kinda weird because I'm not on a Ball
>> mailing list or anything. I didn't know if I wanted to spend that
>> length of time simply to be entered in a raffle for a gallon jar.

> I've got a box of four, with plastic lids, in the pantry and a lightning
> top gallon jar up on the top shelf in there. Since I dropped one I now
> use plastic to keep my grain products.

Sump'n like that. And I don't have a good use for *one* one gallon jar
except maybe for fermenting cukes in and I've got plenty for that already.

B/
Posted to rec.food.preserving

"Mimi" > wrote in message
> After a hectic day at work, in front of my computer and on the phone
> more than I wanted to be, I got home to a survey invitation in my
> personal e-mail box for canning lids--I belong to the Ball mailing
> list. I took the survey--although I don't usually do these unless
> there is some incentive beside an entry in a contest--which this one
> was one of those. It only took about 10 minutes. Anyway, the survey
> was about changing the pictures/text on the lids and going to a
> brushed silver vs. gold. I basically told them I could care less what
> is printed on the lid or what color it is as long as it is a quality
> lid with little or no failure to seal.

Where can I join their mailing list?

Posted to rec.food.preserving

http://www.freshpreserving.com/pages...signup/186.php

Where can I join their mailing list?

Posted to rec.food.preserving

>"Mimi" > wrote in message
>http://www.freshpreserving.com/pages...signup/186.php

>On Mar 5, 2:28 pm, "mom peagram" > wrote:

>Where can I join their mailing list?

http://www.freshpreserving.com/pages...signup/186.php

KW

Posted to rec.food.preserving

"KW" > wrote in message

>>"Mimi" > wrote in message
>>http://www.freshpreserving.com/pages...signup/186.php

OK....so I'm asleep at the wheel this morning! :-) Been running wide open
getting prepared to host 17 HS boys spending the weekend at our house during
Discipleship-Now (our Church Youth Retreat)

OB rfp related will be serving a dozen pints of my salsa during snack times
(2006 vintage) and making a couple dutch oven cobblers out of last years
blueberry crop.

KW

>>On Mar 5, 2:28 pm, "mom peagram" > wrote:

>>Where can I join their mailing list?

> http://www.freshpreserving.com/pages...signup/186.php
>
> KW

Posted to rec.food.preserving

Thanks!

--
mompeagram
FERGUS/HARLINGEN
"Mimi" > wrote in message
http://www.freshpreserving.com/pages...signup/186.php

Where can I join their mailing list?

Posted to rec.food.preserving

"KW" > wrote in message

> "KW" > wrote in message
>>
>>>"Mimi" > wrote in message
>>>http://www.freshpreserving.com/pages...signup/186.php

> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> OK....so I'm asleep at the wheel this morning! :-) Been running wide open
> getting prepared to host 17 HS boys spending the weekend at our house
> during Discipleship-Now (our Church Youth Retreat)
>
> OB rfp related will be serving a dozen pints of my salsa during snack
> times (2006 vintage) and making a couple dutch oven cobblers out of last
> years blueberry crop.
>
> KW
>

>>>On Mar 5, 2:28 pm, "mom peagram" > wrote:

>>>Where can I join their mailing list?

>> http://www.freshpreserving.com/pages...signup/186.php
>>
>> KW

Y'all are truly a saint! My sis & I were just talking last week that opening
a jar of home preserved food was a cause for thanks to the diety of your
choice for such abundance, health, and tools to preserve.
When all them hungry boys start gnawing on the furniture, you can turn them
out! (gg)
Edrena

Posted to rec.food.preserving

In article >,
"mom peagram" > wrote

> Where can I join their mailing list?

http://www.freshpreserving.com/
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller
Posted to rec.food.preserving

"The Joneses" > wrote in message

>> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>
>> OK....so I'm asleep at the wheel this morning! :-) Been running wide open
>> getting prepared to host 17 HS boys spending the weekend at our house
>> during Discipleship-Now (our Church Youth Retreat)
>>
>> OB rfp related will be serving a dozen pints of my salsa during snack
>> times (2006 vintage) and making a couple dutch oven cobblers out of last
>> years blueberry crop.
>>
>> KW

>>> http://www.freshpreserving.com/pages...signup/186.php
>>>
>>> KW
>>>

> Y'all are truly a saint! My sis & I were just talking last week that
> opening a jar of home preserved food was a cause for thanks to the diety
> of your choice for such abundance, health, and tools to preserve.
> When all them hungry boys start gnawing on the furniture, you can turn
> them out! (gg)
> Edrena

Thanks Edrena,

We had a great time! Word of caution for those considering a similar
*adventure* 17 teenage boys will eat everything in sight and can generate a
considerable odiferous *funk* in a confined space at just under 40 hours.
:-) Thank goodness for springlike weather...I left the windows and doors
since 10am yesterday!

KW