Member

Default Jar Lifter?

Hi, I am looking to purchase the "Grip-Tite" Jar Lifter made by Kerr. I am having trouble locating it, and if anyone could help that would be great. I live in Western Canada. Thanks!
Posted to rec.food.preserving

JennB wrote:
> Hi, I am looking to purchase the "Grip-Tite" Jar Lifter made by Kerr. I
> am having trouble locating it, and if anyone could help that would be
> great. I live in Western Canada. Thanks!

Grip-Tite lifters haven't been made in about 35 years and weren't made
by Kerr, they were made by Grip-Tite corporation. Occasionally one comes
up on eBay but they ain't cheap. Good luck.
Posted to rec.food.preserving

I just found one in a thrift shop for 50c!! Didnt know what you were all
talking about til I looked it up online and realized...hey....I just bought
one of those! Works great.

dizzi

"George Shirley" > wrote in message
. ..
> JennB wrote:
>> Hi, I am looking to purchase the "Grip-Tite" Jar Lifter made by Kerr. I
>> am having trouble locating it, and if anyone could help that would be
>> great. I live in Western Canada. Thanks!
>>

> Grip-Tite lifters haven't been made in about 35 years and weren't made by
> Kerr, they were made by Grip-Tite corporation. Occasionally one comes up
> on eBay but they ain't cheap. Good luck.

Posted to rec.food.preserving

Dizzi wrote:
> I just found one in a thrift shop for 50c!! Didnt know what you were all
> talking about til I looked it up online and realized...hey....I just bought
> one of those! Works great.
>
> dizzi

That's what we paid for ours originally, way back in the early Sixties.
Nowadays they go on eBay for US$30+. You struck it rich.
Posted to rec.food.preserving

On Fri, 05 Dec 2008 22:44:01 GMT, "Dizzi" >
wrote:

>I just found one in a thrift shop for 50c!! Didnt know what you were all
>talking about til I looked it up online and realized...hey....I just bought
>one of those! Works great.
>
>dizzi

holy cow dizzi... check ebay and google prices for those things. if
you ever need jar money, you can sell it and get a lot of jars!!!

that's so neat

snow
(been on the lookout for one myself)

Beef Lifter Meat Sqwertz Barbecue 2 24-08-2010 07:19 PM
Grip-Tite jar lifter George Shirley Preserving 33 16-03-2008 05:53 PM
Heavy duty pan lifter? Bob General Cooking 4 14-11-2006 06:09 PM
Carboy lifter Dick Adams Winemaking 19 10-03-2006 12:29 PM
Old Jar Lifter Beka Preserving 7 17-09-2004 03:05 AM