Posted to rec.food.preserving

Default REC: Spiced Raisins & Oranges

Let me say up front that I've not tried or tested this one, but it sounds
fab and
imminently perservable for bwb. Comments?

From the back of the Sun-Maid Raisin package (2008),
but not as a canned food.

Spiced Raisins & Oranges
1/2 c. granulated sugar
1/2 c. water
2/3 c. Sun-Maid Golden Raisins
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 cinnamon sticks
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
1 tablespoon minced crystalized ginger
[I make this myself, too]
3 large oranges

Combine sugar and water in a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
Add raisins, lemon juice, cinnamon sticks, allspice and ginger. Simmer
over medium heat about 10 minutes until syrup is thickened. Transfer
to a bowl and refrigerate 10 minutes.
Cut peel and pith from oranges, slice in 1/2 inch rounds Cut round
into quarters, place in medicum bowl. [I would just use supremes,
both for presentation and just as much fiddlework imho]
Pour cooled raisins and syrup over oranges and stir gently. Chill 2 hours
or overnight.
Serve in parfait glasses, over ice cream, or with pound cake.
Makes 4-6 servings.

[I would just bwb this mix for about 10 min, sea level, in half pints, and
probably triple or quad up the recipe to make enuf for the effort. I 'll
let y'all know when I do it.]

Posted to rec.food.preserving

On Fri, 4 Jul 2008 14:37:05 -0600, "The Joneses" >
wrote:

>Let me say up front that I've not tried or tested this one, but it sounds
>fab and
>imminently perservable for bwb. Comments?
>
>From the back of the Sun-Maid Raisin package (2008),
>but not as a canned food.
>

>[I would just bwb this mix for about 10 min, sea level, in half pints, and
>probably triple or quad up the recipe to make enuf for the effort. I 'll
>let y'all know when I do it.]

this sounds so yummy you could eat it out of the jar with a spoon!
Please - if you do try it, I'd love to know the results. I'd make it
too!

I make my own crystallized ginger too, and candied orange and lemon
peels. I make ginger syrup (for my nausea lol) and get free candied
fruit as well! I eat about half of it before I can store it

snow

Oil on My Raisins... jim Winemaking 12 31-05-2007 06:00 PM
Raisins Adam Dietrick Winemaking 17 24-08-2004 05:14 PM
Raisins Tepe Winemaking 0 19-08-2004 08:38 PM
Raisins Tepe Winemaking 0 19-08-2004 01:04 PM
Spiced Oranges with Raisins Sauce Duckie ® Recipes 0 02-07-2004 03:56 PM