FoodBanter.com

-   Preserving (https://www.foodbanter.com/preserving/)
-   -   soy protein (https://www.foodbanter.com/preserving/156461-soy-protein.html)

irma 02-06-2008 11:43 PM

soy protein

Dus someboddy know the percentage of protein used in soy protein
concentrate, used for making sausages ?
Is this the same soy protein you can get in health stores, or is this
a different thing ?
Thanks
irma

Nick Cramer 04-06-2008 04:36 AM

soy protein

irma > wrote:
> Dus someboddy know the percentage of protein used in soy protein
> concentrate, used for making sausages ?
> Is this the same soy protein you can get in health stores, or is this
> a different thing ?

Hi, Irma. According to Rytek Kuta's "Great Sausage Recipes and Meat
Curing", p. 158, Soy Protein Concentrate has 250% more protein than meat.
USDA regulations limit its use to 3.5% per 100 lbs of sausage. I've had the
book for almost 25 years and highly recommend it.

forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~