Posted to rec.food.preserving

Default Putting it by

Miz Anne and I put up another nine pints of Kumquat marmalade two days
ago and yesterday we made twelve trays of lemon juice. Lemon juice will
be bagged today. Lawdy, Lawdy, we still gots two and a half five gallon
buckets of giant lemons to deal with. I'm thinking of maybe freezing in
two-quart containers to take down to the church hall for lemonade this
summer. The church ladies can always add sugar and water to it.

It has been cold (45F) and wet (3 inches of rain) here all this week.
Tilly Dawg and I have been bundled up under an afghan whilst wearing our
sweaters all week. Did I ever mention how much I hate cold weather.

Had nine medical appointments this month, reckon all the doctors are
trying to improve their bottom line in one month. Had a cardiac stress
test last week, doc says nothing to worry about and I don't have to come
back to him for a year. Whoopee!

We're hoping this weekend is dry as our fruit trees are due their annual
winter pruning and spraying for insects. Won't be long until spring
bursts into bloom here in SW Loosyanna.

George