Old 08-01-2008, 08:40 PM posted to rec.food.preserving

Default Small Jam Making Business

I am just getting started making my own jam - I have had it co-packed
by New Canaan Farms the last few years. Any input on making large
quantities of jam would be helpful. They have a big steam kettle, but
I will need to work in a commercial kitchen on a gas stove.
Understand a refractometer will be helpful. Any other suggestions
regarding equipment, pectin, etc.. would be greatly appreciated.

Old 16-01-2008, 01:54 AM posted to rec.food.preserving

In article
,
acoustic kitchen wrote:

I am just getting started making my own jam - I have had it co-packed
by New Canaan Farms the last few years. Any input on making large
quantities of jam would be helpful. They have a big steam kettle, but
I will need to work in a commercial kitchen on a gas stove.
Understand a refractometer will be helpful. Any other suggestions
regarding equipment, pectin, etc.. would be greatly appreciated.

You might (or might not) find information or pointers to information on
sci.bio.food-science.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
Notes about our meals in Tuscany have been posted to