Posted to rec.food.preserving

Default Pectin brands

Have been watching the chatter on pectin brands and how good they are. I
haven't used Ball, Sure Jell, or Certo in several years now. I shop at a
local Kroger's supermarket and Kroger's has their own brand, Can-Jel.
Hasn't failed me yet and is cheaper than the other brands. YMMV

George
Posted to rec.food.preserving

"George Shirley" > wrote in message
> Have been watching the chatter on pectin brands and how good they are. I
> haven't used Ball, Sure Jell, or Certo in several years now. I shop at a
> local Kroger's supermarket and Kroger's has their own brand, Can-Jel.
> Hasn't failed me yet and is cheaper than the other brands. YMMV
>
> George

Interesting you say that George. I have also use the local 'No Name' brand
crystals with great success. And it's 50 cents cheaper per box. However,
when I can, I've been using Certo Light crystals for the past 2 years,
because I prefer the less sugar option.

Kathi

Posted to rec.food.preserving

George Shirley wrote:
> Have been watching the chatter on pectin brands and how good they are. I
> haven't used Ball, Sure Jell, or Certo in several years now. I shop at a
> local Kroger's supermarket and Kroger's has their own brand, Can-Jel.
> Hasn't failed me yet and is cheaper than the other brands. YMMV
>
> George

Thanks for the endorsement, George.
I'll keep that in mind if I ever make jam or jelly again.
:-(
gloria p
Posted to rec.food.preserving

"George Shirley" > wrote in message
> Have been watching the chatter on pectin brands and how good they are. I
> haven't used Ball, Sure Jell, or Certo in several years now. I shop at a
> local Kroger's supermarket and Kroger's has their own brand, Can-Jel.
> Hasn't failed me yet and is cheaper than the other brands. YMMV

Kroger doesn't really have a presence in my area. I just checked their
website, and other than a few Food 4 Less stores which are apparently owned
by Kroger, there's nothing within 200 miles.

Has anyone shopped at Food 4 Less? Do they carry the Kroger brands? The
only pectin brands I've seen at stores is Ball and Kraft (Surejell and
Certo). I'd sure like to have another choice.

Anny

Posted to rec.food.preserving

"Anny Middon" > wrote in message
|| Kroger doesn't really have a presence in my area.

If you are in SoCal, then Ralph's is your most numerous division of
Kroger's. Others owned by
Kroger in the West include Smith's, King Sooper's, Dillon, and Fry's.
Most of the them, that I've
been in carry the Kroger brand. Ask your Food 4 Less customer service
people.

--
Jim...in New Mexico

Posted to rec.food.preserving

Jim Macey wrote:
> "Anny Middon" > wrote in message
> || Kroger doesn't really have a presence in my area.
>
> If you are in SoCal, then Ralph's is your most numerous division of
> Kroger's. Others owned by
> Kroger in the West include Smith's, King Sooper's, Dillon, and Fry's.
> Most of the them, that I've
> been in carry the Kroger brand. Ask your Food 4 Less customer service
> people.

Jim is right on spot. I've gone to the Kroger website and special
ordered things I wanted and they delivered them at my local store and
the manager called me when they came in. No extra charge for the service.

Since I shop with them on a regular basis I get scads of coupons from
them. Example: got one for $12.00 off on a $120.00 purchase, used it the
next time I went to the store along with other coupons they sent me. A
$170 purchase ended up costing me $130 after the coupons and my senior
citizen discount.

George
Posted to rec.food.preserving

Jim Macey wrote:
> "Anny Middon" > wrote in message
> || Kroger doesn't really have a presence in my area.
>
> If you are in SoCal, then Ralph's is your most numerous division of
> Kroger's. Others owned by
> Kroger in the West include Smith's, King Sooper's, Dillon, and Fry's.
> Most of the them, that I've
> been in carry the Kroger brand. Ask your Food 4 Less customer service
> people.

In Colorado, Kroger's is King Soopers and (in smaller market areas in
the mountains) City Market.

gloria p

Store brands Bryan[_6_] General Cooking 58 14-01-2013 10:13 PM
Chinese Tea Brands [email protected] Tea 1 19-06-2008 10:51 AM
Lost Brands Walter General 0 01-07-2007 01:35 AM
Lost Brands Walter General Cooking 31 12-06-2007 03:41 AM
Top Wine Brands Mike Wine 1 30-03-2006 12:48 PM