Posted to rec.food.preserving

Default Hello folks

My name is Gramby and after 8 years, I sill can not cook for one. What I
want to know is if I can CAN BBQ beef. I can't make a small batch and don't
want to eat it for a month. Thought in pint jars but don't know how long to
water gath it. or if I can. Thanks

Posted to rec.food.preserving

You would have to use a pressure canner to can your BBQ beef- You can
also freeze it.
Connie TC
Granby wrote:
> My name is Gramby and after 8 years, I sill can not cook for one. What I
> want to know is if I can CAN BBQ beef. I can't make a small batch and don't
> want to eat it for a month. Thought in pint jars but don't know how long to
> water gath it. or if I can. Thanks

Posted to rec.food.preserving

Am blind and never got the nerve to try a pressure cooker, guess freezing is
the answer. Thanks
"Connie TenClay" > wrote in message
> You would have to use a pressure canner to can your BBQ beef- You can also
> freeze it.
> Connie TC
> Granby wrote:
>> My name is Gramby and after 8 years, I sill can not cook for one. What I
>> want to know is if I can CAN BBQ beef. I can't make a small batch and
>> don't want to eat it for a month. Thought in pint jars but don't know
>> how long to water gath it. or if I can. Thanks

Posted to rec.food.preserving

I just bought a Food Saver and am getting used to it. Looks like a wonderful
idea.
"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 27 Sep 2007 21:39:45 -0500, Granby wrote:
>
>> My name is Gramby and after 8 years, I sill can not cook for one. What I
>> want to know is if I can CAN BBQ beef. I can't make a small batch and
>> don't
>> want to eat it for a month. Thought in pint jars but don't know how long
>> water gath it. or if I can. Thanks

> You can just freeze it. Foodsavers work well for that purpose.
> Or, put into plastic containers with a layer of wax or parchment
> paper flattened to the top of the product (to prevent freezer
> burn), then seal normally with the lid.
>
> -sw

Posted to rec.food.preserving

Connie TenClay wrote:
> You would have to use a pressure canner to can your BBQ beef- You can
> also freeze it.
> Connie TC
> Granby wrote:
>> My name is Gramby and after 8 years, I sill can not cook for one.
>> What I want to know is if I can CAN BBQ beef. I can't make a small
>> batch and don't want to eat it for a month. Thought in pint jars but
>> don't know how long to water gath it. or if I can. Thanks

It would be a lot easier and safer to freeze it in single serving sizes.
You don't need a huge freezer for that. Try freezing in ziplock bags,
flattened so they stack well.

gloria p

Hi Folks. bigwheel Barbecue 15 11-01-2013 06:14 PM
StL folks only Food Snob®[_2_] General Cooking 0 30-04-2010 12:57 PM
Just a thanks to folks here Tutall Barbecue 0 09-02-2008 06:23 PM
You folks were right! Janet Wilder[_1_] Barbecue 10 04-01-2008 02:55 AM
Any folks here from SC, NC or GA USA? Dick R. Wine 8 13-12-2006 06:00 PM