Posted to rec.food.preserving

Default Canning equpiment

The Cook wrote:
> For those who are in need of canning equipment you can check out Ebay.
> Of course you have to add in the shipping costs and make sure that you
> have a good idea of what these things would cost you elsewhere.
>
> If you decide to bid on Ebay, one word of advice -- do not place a bid
> until the very last. Otherwise the price will be driven up.
>
> Do not ask how much I paid for a 1916 Ball Blue Book.

You could have asked Barb for hers, I think she bought it new.

George, ducking and running

Posted to rec.food.preserving

In article >,
George Shirley > wrote:

> The Cook wrote:
> > For those who are in need of canning equipment you can check out Ebay.
> > Of course you have to add in the shipping costs and make sure that you
> > have a good idea of what these things would cost you elsewhere.
> >
> > If you decide to bid on Ebay, one word of advice -- do not place a bid
> > until the very last. Otherwise the price will be driven up.
> >
> > Do not ask how much I paid for a 1916 Ball Blue Book.

> You could have asked Barb for hers, I think she bought it new.
>
> George, ducking and running

Wiseass. LOL!

-Barb, mumbling about the "stuff" in my raspberry jelly. Ticks me off!
Juice was perfect -- pure, no bits of anything. If taste can overcome
appearance demerits, I might have something. Dangitall.

Anybody have any ideas? I think I need to talk to my food scientist
acquaintance about this. I am not happy.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://www.jamlady.eboard.com - story and
Posted to rec.food.preserving

"Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> George Shirley > wrote:
>
>> The Cook wrote:
>> > For those who are in need of canning equipment you can check out Ebay.
>> > Of course you have to add in the shipping costs and make sure that you
>> > have a good idea of what these things would cost you elsewhere.
>> >
>> > If you decide to bid on Ebay, one word of advice -- do not place a bid
>> > until the very last. Otherwise the price will be driven up.
>> >
>> > Do not ask how much I paid for a 1916 Ball Blue Book.

>> You could have asked Barb for hers, I think she bought it new.
>>
>> George, ducking and running

> Wiseass. LOL!
>
> -Barb, mumbling about the "stuff" in my raspberry jelly. Ticks me off!
> Juice was perfect -- pure, no bits of anything. If taste can overcome
> appearance demerits, I might have something. Dangitall.
>
> Anybody have any ideas? I think I need to talk to my food scientist
> acquaintance about this. I am not happy.
> --
> -Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
> http://www.jamlady.eboard.com - story and
> pics of Ronald McDonald House dinner posted 6-24-2007

ok...but what's the "stuff" look like ???

Kathi

Posted to rec.food.preserving

In article >,
"Kathi Jones" > wrote:

> "Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
> > In article >,
> > George Shirley > wrote:

> >> You could have asked Barb for hers, I think she bought it new.
> >>
> >> George, ducking and running

> > Wiseass. LOL!
> >
> > -Barb, mumbling about the "stuff" in my raspberry jelly. Ticks me off!
> > Juice was perfect -- pure, no bits of anything. If taste can overcome
> > appearance demerits, I might have something. Dangitall.
> >
> > Anybody have any ideas? I think I need to talk to my food scientist
> > acquaintance about this. I am not happy.
> > --
> > -Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
> > http://www.jamlady.eboard.com - story and
> > pics of Ronald McDonald House dinner posted 6-24-2007

> ok...but what's the "stuff" look like ???
>
> Kathi

Raspberry dregs. That's the only way to describe it. Bits.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://www.jamlady.eboard.com - story and
pics of Ronald McDonald House dinner posted 6-24-2007

Posted to rec.food.preserving

"Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Kathi Jones" > wrote:
>
>> "Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message

>> > Wiseass. LOL!
>> >
>> > -Barb, mumbling about the "stuff" in my raspberry jelly. Ticks me off!
>> > Juice was perfect -- pure, no bits of anything. If taste can overcome
>> > appearance demerits, I might have something. Dangitall.
>> >
>> > Anybody have any ideas? I think I need to talk to my food scientist
>> > acquaintance about this. I am not happy.
>> > --
>> > -Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
>> > http://www.jamlady.eboard.com - story and
>> > pics of Ronald McDonald House dinner posted 6-24-2007

>> ok...but what's the "stuff" look like ???
>>
>> Kathi

> Raspberry dregs. That's the only way to describe it. Bits.
> --
> -Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
> http://www.jamlady.eboard.com - story and
> pics of Ronald McDonald House dinner posted 6-24-2007

um....how 'bout pectin haze? saw it once in strawberry juice (before I made
it in to jelly)......

just a thought, no idea how to get rid of it...

Kathi

Posted to rec.food.preserving

In article >,
"Kathi Jones" > wrote:

> "Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message

> > Raspberry dregs. That's the only way to describe it. Bits.

> um....how 'bout pectin haze? saw it once in strawberry juice (before I made
> it in to jelly)......
>
> just a thought, no idea how to get rid of it...
>
> Kathi

I don't know. My crabapple jelly looks like that, too * that's got a
high natural pectin level. Phooey.

Looks like I'd better make another batch of B&Bs, so I'd best toddle off
to the local farmers market for cukes. And then there's wash to hang
(so I can use the washer for my cukes "-)

No rest for the wicked.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://www.jamlady.eboard.com - story and
pics of Ronald McDonald House dinner posted 6-24-2007
Posted to rec.food.preserving

George Shirley wrote:
> The Cook wrote:
>> For those who are in need of canning equipment you can check out
>> Ebay. Of course you have to add in the shipping costs and make sure
>> that you have a good idea of what these things would cost you
>> elsewhere. If you decide to bid on Ebay, one word of advice -- do not
>> place a
>> bid until the very last. Otherwise the price will be driven up.
>>
>> Do not ask how much I paid for a 1916 Ball Blue Book.

> You could have asked Barb for hers, I think she bought it new.
>
> George, ducking and running

I have a Blue Ball Book that Barb sent me a few years ago) I still use
it)

Posted to rec.food.preserving

My aunt has a ball blue book that has .17 written on the cover in pencil!
"Ophelia" > wrote in message
> George Shirley wrote:
>> The Cook wrote:
>>> For those who are in need of canning equipment you can check out
>>> Ebay. Of course you have to add in the shipping costs and make sure
>>> that you have a good idea of what these things would cost you
>>> elsewhere. If you decide to bid on Ebay, one word of advice -- do not
>>> place a
>>> bid until the very last. Otherwise the price will be driven up.
>>>
>>> Do not ask how much I paid for a 1916 Ball Blue Book.

>> You could have asked Barb for hers, I think she bought it new.
>>
>> George, ducking and running

> I have a Blue Ball Book that Barb sent me a few years ago) I still use
> it)

Posted to rec.food.preserving
KW KW is offline

"Ophelia" > wrote in message
> George Shirley wrote:
> > The Cook wrote:
> >> For those who are in need of canning equipment you can check out
> >> Ebay. Of course you have to add in the shipping costs and make sure
> >> that you have a good idea of what these things would cost you
> >> elsewhere. If you decide to bid on Ebay, one word of advice -- do not
> >> place a
> >> bid until the very last. Otherwise the price will be driven up.
> >>
> >> Do not ask how much I paid for a 1916 Ball Blue Book.

> > You could have asked Barb for hers, I think she bought it new.
> >
> > George, ducking and running

> I have a Blue Ball Book that Barb sent me a few years ago) I still use
> it)

That makes 2 of us......Gotta luv Mrs Blue Ribbon Mother Superior Herself!

Posted to rec.food.preserving

KW wrote:
> "Ophelia" > wrote in message
>> George Shirley wrote:

>>> You could have asked Barb for hers, I think she bought it new.
>>>
>>> George, ducking and running

>> I have a Blue Ball Book that Barb sent me a few years ago) I
>> still use it)

> That makes 2 of us......Gotta luv Mrs Blue Ribbon Mother Superior
> Herself!

Sure do!!!!

canning Carolsue General Cooking 4 07-01-2011 03:35 AM
Anyone doing any canning? Dymphna[_6_] General Cooking 11 08-09-2009 08:28 PM
canning [email protected] Preserving 1 30-08-2008 09:49 PM
canning DarbyDan Preserving 23 27-09-2004 10:10 PM
New to canning Raven Preserving 2 25-06-2004 10:46 PM