Posted to rec.food.preserving

Default Supplies

Although I try hard not to shop at Walmart, I ran in today looking for
something and noticed lots of canning supplies--both pressure and water
canners, lots of sizes of jars, pectin, Fruit Fresh, etc.

If you need these, and have to depend on W'mart, now's the time to buy
while the selection is good. Last time I canned in volume, we lived
where there was a good farm supply store. Not here!

gloria p
suburban Denver, Colorado
Posted to rec.food.preserving

"Puester" > wrote in message

> Although I try hard not to shop at Walmart, I ran in today looking for
> something and noticed lots of canning supplies--both pressure and water
> canners, lots of sizes of jars, pectin, Fruit Fresh, etc.
>
> If you need these, and have to depend on W'mart, now's the time to buy
> while the selection is good. Last time I canned in volume, we lived where
> there was a good farm supply store. Not here!
>
> gloria p
> suburban Denver, Colorado

Our westside store over the mountains has all that stuff, but ours up the
street? Nah, never happen. The military commissary tells me it's "seasonal"
and to expect it around Thanksgiving. What are they thinking?
The first batch of Strawberry Jam came out perfect. Thank St. Pectina!
I'll make another just cause I can (!) and because I never seem to have
enough.
Edrena, at the other end of I-25.